• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
UNITED KINGDOM 2023 - Rina Sawayama - Holy (Til You Let Me Go)

Let’s start manifesting :love:

Not the EBU making an exception for Jane and allowing her to sing Jai Ho?

ChiversLookDivine

My concern is the BBC Eurovision team are largely useless and should have been fired post-Embers. Sam is a one-off talent and I suspect the runner-up happened in spite of him, not because of them. His post-Eurovision work ethic supports that. If I were them I would have involved him in the selection process.

Wow talk about missing the forest for the trees.

All TaP did was select Sam and they played a part in the strategy to reveal him. BBC Studios and Parlophone/Warner were responsible for the rest. A similar BBC team to the one that covers Glastonbury and the Platinum Jubilee concert.

Then of course the BBC was wholly responsible for our televote win at JESC at the end of 2022.

People are still intent on connecting our current delegation that IS LITERALLY HOSTING EUROVISION to the mistakes that came before and I am so tired of it.

HarryUK

Veteran
I do call into question what on earth the BBC thought they were doing with some internal selections - especially 2012, 2015 and then letting James come back with Embers in 2021 without ascertaining whether or not he could perform it live without looking like a drunk Brit on a tour of Benidorm

ChiversLookDivine

I do call into question what on earth the BBC thought they were doing with some internal selections - especially 2012, 2015 and then letting James come back with Embers in 2021 without ascertaining whether or not he could perform it live without looking like a drunk Brit on a tour of Benidorm

Yes 2012 and 2015 were shocking but I really can't see why people even bring these up when talking about our chances in 2023.

HarryUK

Veteran
Yes 2012 and 2015 were shocking but I really can't see why people even bring these up when talking about our chances in 2023.
I think it's a valid point to make - TaP only agree year-on-year it would seem. If they were to pull out of backing the UK act, then would we go back to how things were? Or have the BBC learnt valuable lessons?

Cestrian18

I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but there are two versions of Holy (Til you let me go) on the ASCAP database, the album version (with the full title) and a version just called Holy which could be a single version that hasn't been released yet.
I genuinely think this song could win us Eurovision. Praying for this to be the one xpray

Top Bottom