12 7.8%

24 15.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

MopManMoss

Veteran
There's some tuning on his vocals. His voice in the end faded out with the instrumental, sounds very unnatural, so this is probably playback. Can he actually sing this song without any tuning? I have yet to hear it.

But I like the revamp, I noticed it too. Would've preferred if they did a proper Eurovision version to add a bigger moment somewhere, it's still flat in places. But Semi 2 is dire, so he will go through.
Am I crazy or are there bird sounds in the song now?

susanhm

Betwixt Tales

So, apparently Reiley is opening the 2. Semi. Do you think that's a good thing or a bad thing?

You could argue that ESC placing it first, means they believe in it. But the history of opening songs qualifying for the Final is very uncertain. The last time the opening songs of both Semis qualified for the Final, was 10 years ago, in '14.

I'm still hoping, though, as I really wish for a united North in the Final. :)

TB98

I'm not sure tbh. It's semifinal 2. Who tf even knows honestly. Personally, I was never high on his Q chances and I'm not sure if him opening the semi helps either. Question mark but leaning towards NQ. But we'll see.

cassio

Im just glad that we aren't in semi 1 our q chances are higher in semi 2 DK opening the show is a surprise to me I thought it would be Belgium It docent really matter if we are no 1 or 11 or last what matter is who is before and after us. I believe we are borderline qf either we become 11th or 10th

Last edited:

cassio

Ok after taking a look at the running order we have to beat Lithuania or Iceland non QF are: Albania, San Marino, Poland, Greece (I know), Romania...

Betwixt Tales

Ok after taking a look at the running order we have to beat Lithuania non QF are: Albania, San Marino, Poland, Greece (I know), Romania...
I don't know if we can count Greece out. They have a guaranteed 12 from Cyprus.

I've been thinking a little more about it. And I think it's a positive that Denmark for sure isn't right after a commercial break (whenever they might be as we don't have them here), at least. I imagine there's a bigger risk of people missing an entry coming right after a commercial break, as that's the time people leave their screens to tend to whatever necessities they might have (bathroom/snack/drink/what-have-you). So in that sense, being the opening act is actually a positive.

simori95

Ok after taking a look at the running order we have to beat Lithuania or Iceland non QF are: Albania, San Marino, Poland, Greece (I know), Romania...
I agree with Iceland but tbh I think Lithuania is underrated, much rather I think Armenia or slovenia (yes I know, sounds foolish due to Bubble reaction) might be the ones to beat to Q (and I don’t think it’s impossible).

simori95

I am sorry, I am going to have to Rate this down from 8 to 6 simply because they cast an actor in the second Season from Shadow and Bone who looked like a straightened hair version of Reiley, but who was actually supposed to be a curly readhead. I am personally offended and I blame Reiley.

Yes, of course I am kidding, but seriously I am also heartbroken because I am not getting the representation that I think I deserve. Go Check out Shadow and Bone regardless, I really like the books. The tv show maybe less so, but it’s there so why not.

A-lister

Veteran
A-lister's annual review:

The song is... all right... but as per traditional Danish ESC fashion it's pretty middle of the way, safe and a bit forgettable. It gives me slight Christine and the Queens/Charli XCX/Imogen Heap vibes but in a very milked down and too "radio safe" way.

jatojo

A-lister's annual review:

The song is... all right... but as per traditional Danish ESC fashion it's pretty middle of the way, safe and a bit forgettable. It gives me slight Christine and the Queens/Charli XCX/Imogen Heap vibes but in a very milked down and too "radio safe" way.

I don't think it's a radio safe song. It's more of a sub-30 song. In the radio they are playing Eyjaa more. People over 40 don't get what's cool about this song (and so, I don't either).

Besides, it's not a safe song in terms of Eurovision as Reiley is in danger of not qualifying.

A-lister

Veteran
I don't think it's a radio safe song. It's more of a sub-30 song. In the radio they are playing Eyjaa more. People over 40 don't get what's cool about this song (and so, I don't either).

People over 40 don't get what's cool? lol This isn't anything groundbreaking, I just pointed out some examples that I think it draws inspiration from unfortunately it is too milked down to reach those... but I applaud the ambition.
Besides, it's not a safe song in terms of Eurovision as Reiley is in danger of not qualifying.

Actually, being too safe or bland in Eurovision is what puts an entry in danger of not qualifying.

Don't get me wrong, I actually don't mind the song, but it's kinda just there and I can hear what it's trying to be but it's not really doing what it could.

jatojo

Don't get me wrong, I actually don't mind the song, but it's kinda just there and I can hear what it's trying to be but it's not really doing what it could.

I have only listened to the entire song once since Melodi Grand Prix. I have always disliked falsetto songs unless they are performed to perfection. Only Gjon's Tears has done that in my opinion. For the same reason, Italy wasn't even in my top 20 last year. I think it's painful to listen to this kind of song, and it's even worse live because the falsetto singers have so big problems with the notes.

So, a song with so much falsetto can never be a safe middle-of-the-road song in my view. It's risky, and as you can see in this forum and elsewhere, many ridiculed Reiley for a flawed performance shortly after he had won.

Having said that, I think the song is more cohesive than half of the songs we've seen this year, so I think it would be fair if it qualified.

Ezio

Veteran
The duel win of broken heart songs goes to Denmark. The song has a captivating pace, is easy to listen to and feels right for a workout or onlyfans session in the private of your home. However, although the song is instant, it doesn't have a lot of impact, and is soon forgotten. Denmark in the first position is in trouble, because it's not a favourite to correct the Q rate from this position. I also take issue with the pronounciation of Septem-BUH, remem-BUH and so on. I am like, girl no. Also the video is not visually appealing at all and the live vocals might be to worry.

In any case, that's what I think, what do you think? lol

It's my 2nd Nordic favourite this year, after Finland. Now pretend to be shocked!

Ezio

Veteran
Does he sing, Septembuh, naked by your side?

Top Bottom