12 7.8%

24 15.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

simori95

Twink death is a scary
I mean I do hope that I didn't go from looking <18 to looking 37 in a heartbeat :cry: so maybe I have some time left. But like Mainshow said, there is nothing wrong with (getting and) looking older.

I bims

Veteran
I mean I do hope that I didn't go from looking <18 to looking 37 in a heartbeat :cry: so maybe I have some time left. But like Mainshow said, there is nothing wrong with (getting and) looking older.
If your profile pic is up to date then no, you don't look 37 :'D

And I don't know 'bout that 😭
eurovision-eurovision-victoria.gif

Sammy

Veteran
It was so tempting to write that, wasn't it - "nobody cared then". The fact is that some tried to get her disqualified because of exactly this.
well obviously that wasn’t very successful, was it? but who tried that anyway? I didn‘t hear of that back then. But of course without Internet…

anyway… if you really measure the credibility of people with a lie that is so insignificant and common as lying about their age, you would end up not being able to trust hardly anyone… especially in show biz.

I‘m tempted to say that the whole issue is an issue because he‘s a man. women don‘t even get asked their age…. which brings me back to oscar wilde… ;):ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

midnightsun

Veteran
well obviously that wasn’t very successful, was it? but who tried that anyway? I didn‘t hear of that back then. But of course without Internet…

1986 was the first contest I watched. I wasn’t allowed to watch the voting part though because I was only seven and my mum didn’t want me to stay up that late.
However, I recall vividly she told me later that week the winner could be disqualified because she lied about her age.
So yes, it’s true, apparently.

Sammy

Veteran
1986 was the first contest I watched. I wasn’t allowed to watch the voting part though because I was only seven and my mum didn’t want me to stay up that late.
However, I recall vividly she told me later that week the winner could be disqualified because she lied about her age.
So yes, it’s true, apparently.
I didn‘t say it wasn‘t. I just didn‘t hear about it. But in any case - there was no disqualification. So even if Sandra Kim broke/bended the existing rules it then wasn‘t considered as something unforgivable… But we are getting off-topic I fear. This is the Denmark 2023, not the Belgium 1986 thread :LOL:.

Ezio

Veteran
This song is such a fader. If he can't deliver it live, Denmark is in big trouble.

Ezio

Veteran
It was so tempting to write that, wasn't it - "nobody cared then". The fact is that some tried to get her disqualified because of exactly this.
And how did Israel not get disqualified 3 years later with a 12 year old?

jatojo

I don't know. I didn't bring disqualifications into this. I'm just saying it's normally not a good idea to make the media say something that turns out to be false.

midnightsun

Veteran
After that they introduced the age limit. There was that French girl too in that year, don’t know her age, but she was pretty young too iirc.

Derekh Hamelekh was such a great song… I know some hated it but I loved how the boy smiled the life out of him. Such a cute song!

But I‘m drifting away…

Riley will end up top 15 in the final. I guess he can manage to gather a lot of votes from the international-aroundtheworld-country and in Northern Europe.

crashworld

Veteran
The song got a little update as per the version now on Spotify, similar to what "That's Rich" from last year has done.
I am going to upgrade this to an :8: from a :6: now we are 3/4 into the song reveal. I knew that the synths will slowly work its magic.

Fluke

I'm surprised that this gets rated so low by everyone. I'm not usually one for this kind of entries, which Denmark has somewhat specialize in recently, but i find this to be a genuinely uplifting and enjoyable saccharine bop. The chorus is one of the few i immediately remembered after hearing it once, Reiley is very likable and has his own thing compared to previous artists in similar styles. I think this can definitely make top 15!

midnightsun

Veteran
I'm surprised that this gets rated so low by everyone.
Surprisingly this is actually almost always in the lower top 10 - 15 in all the top rank videos on Social Media. Didn’t expect him that high. I suppose he‘s kinda being a dark horse in May. I suspect he‘ll end up similar to that Love Cliché guy.

Mainshow

Veteran
I don´t think it does get rated "low" - I mean, most people on this forum chose :6: points - The song itself is quite average - in my opinion.. it´s contemporary and well-produced (even though the heavy usage of autotune in the chorus is off-putting to some fans).

If Reiley performs like in Denmark, I can´t see him finishing Top 10 or Top 15 in May but dunno, I also think that he will qualify and get a solid result (below #15, though).

Deleted member 12761

At this point I too think that he could qualify considering how weak SF2 is. But I'm still not feeling the song and don't see it in the Top 15. But who knows, he may get a lot of votes from Gen Z.

I bims

Veteran
Apparently Reiley revamped his song a bit.

Recent performance in :fo:

There's some tuning on his vocals. Also, his voice in the end faded out with the instrumental, sounds very unnatural, so this is probably playback. Can he actually sing this song without any tuning? I have yet to hear it.

But I like the revamp, I noticed it too. Would've preferred if they did a proper Eurovision version to add a bigger moment somewhere, it's still flat in places. But Semi 2 is dire, so he will go through.

Top Bottom