Contact us

EUROVISION 2023 - General Discussion thread

esc87fan

So that looks to be the slogan and the theme art. Very colorful

Realest

Just realised that only 11 Countries will NQ this Year.

My guess as things stand now is: :dk::is::al::be::sl::hr::lv::ge::ro::mt::cy:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Idk what to make of the logo itself, I don't think I like it much tbh. I hope the yellow is a prominent colour. I say this nearly every year but the consistent blue/purple themes have made it all quite boring. The red theme last year was a very welcome break.

MopManMoss

Veteran
Idk what to make of the logo itself, I don't think I like it much tbh. I hope the yellow is a prominent colour. I say this nearly every year but the consistent blue/purple themes have made it all quite boring. The red theme last year was a very welcome break.
Ordinarily I’d agree but there’s a very specific reason for the prominence of blue this year

Fierro

I instantly had 2017 vibes watching that and the slogan seems similar to that year as well. Rather disappointed, even though in vacuum it's ok

Also this year's slogan is very political if you wanna go too deep with it. While 'Celebrate Diversity' was kinda iconic in its own way, this one is very bland

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Ordinarily I’d agree but there’s a very specific reason for the prominence of blue this year

I didn't mean blue being there at all is an issue, I mean when it's the dominating colour of choice. literally every scoreboard since 2013 with the exception of 2015 & last year has had a blue theme. Blue is actually my favourite colour, it's just the prospect of yellow making something different makes it a bit more exciting I guess. :mrgreen:

0scar

I kinda like it, the style is totally different to Turin 22, Rotterdam 20/21 and Tel Aviv 19, and each year it seems the producers are looking for a unique flavour so to say. "United by Music" is kind of basic but witty with the nod to the United Kingdom and UK-UA "bond", so probably in best taste for this contest.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
The logo is a rip-off of the Powerpuff Girls background

powerpuff-powerpuff-girls.gif

WOAH. I suddenly love it.

I was always Bubbles as a child when playing Powerpuff girls with my friends. xheart Bless, the signs were there.

Ezio

Veteran
Why the Azeri colours? Did they get bribed to use them?

MopManMoss

Veteran
As much as I hate anything in Liverpool having lived there I must admit I really quite like the slogan and logo and I wasn't expecting to tbh

Loindici

Veteran

Loindici

Veteran
I have a lot of issues with the country I live in but what you are saying here makes next to no sense, the BBC are world renowned for quality broadcasting and event hosting

No no don't get me wrong, BBC's broadcasting and event quality is usually heck good, but when it comes to conceptualizing something related to Eurovision, I don't have high hopes. I expected more than 'United by Music' (which isn't better than most slogans we had) and a bunch of layered hearts (which is a bit cheesy for me)...

...unless they got a great design presentation ahead of them. I realized we haven't seen the design in motion yet.

Loindici

Veteran
Top Bottom