• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Looren

Veteran
snoopy-charlie.gif

Our ESC-Guru has spoken! If our dear Looren says the songs are bland, then they really have to be! :eek:

Yeah exactly, so you have to listen to me when I tell you that "Hawaii" in Irish NF is absolute garbage :lol: :lol:

BorisBubbles

Veteran
they're fine :-)

Chérine > Hunter > Loredana > Ameerah imo but none of them are too bad.

Looren

Veteran
No offence but didn’t you have Germany in your top 3 at the most recent Eurovision, you wouldn’t know bland if it hit you in the face

Yes I had it in my top 3 and am proud of it, it was a song that emotionally touched me, what's wrong with that ?

Mainshow

Veteran
"The Carnival" is a bop.
Keeping my fingers crossed for this song to win now - I´d probably include it in my "alltime favourite Eurovision" playlist.
I agree with @mauve The songs sound so much better in full (I haven´t heard a very competitive and/or brilliant entry yet but they are all pretty decent).

Ajeje Brazorf

Yeah exactly, so you have to listen to me when I tell you that "Hawaii" in Irish NF is absolute garbage :lol: :lol:

You are really becoming more harsh with your rankings... I remember you giving 25 10/10 out of 46 songs of last year's Selectia Nationala... Those were really good and Younique (what a bad pun, I'm so sorry with you all) times...

Ajeje Brazorf

Emotion Ollie and T'inquiète are both bad and horribly unsuited for Eurovision.

Agree... Lots of hype for basically nothing: the snippets were promising, the songs are not. Gala has great talent, but I'm not convinced by both her songs, I'm not into them a single bit. Right now Chérine has become my clear favourite (I already have her at no. 1 because I really like Ca m'ennuie pas, but right now I think she CAN win Eurosong and become the first bookies upset of 2023).

Gitte

I really dig Gala's songs, and her look, and it sounded like winner materials to me. But I am used to disagreeing with others.

She sounded very high during the interview bits tho.

Because of you sounded very dated and repetitive, like something that would've been sent 15 years ago by a (then closeted) male singer surrounded by thinly dressed female dancers and got 3 last place in the semi final.

Last edited:

BorisBubbles

Veteran
I enjoyed Because of You. I just feel I'd like The Nail more.

simori95

I actually enjoyed Emotion Ollie more than T‘inquiete, which I didn’t expect from the snippets, but I still think Gala is exceptional in this line-up and could do great things on the Eurovision stage.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
and i hold the opposite opinion. i think she's an easy NQ in the semi lol :3

it's ALL televote, after all.

Anyway i think this is a moot point regardless. I believe this will boil down to Chérine or Starlings.

Last edited:

mauve

Veteran
Gala's song doesn't suit for ESC at all. To me it sounds a bit strained, and I doubt she will make it.

strangersarecomin

I actually enjoyed Emotion Ollie more than T‘inquiete, which I didn’t expect from the snippets, but I still think Gala is exceptional in this line-up and could do great things on the Eurovision stage.
I think she's destined for great things. Not at Eurovision however, with these two disjointed efforts

0scar

Absolutely hate Gala's song lol it's literally a lot of nothing, honestly a clear NQ at Eurovision. I even enjoyed Ameerah's song more??
I'm shocked how Loredana is suddenly doing in my ranking with that 00s eurodance vibe

Chérine > Loredana > Hunter Falls > Ameerah > Gala

Top Bottom