14 9.4%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

MopManMoss

Veteran
Another shouty woman from Albania? How daring! Nothing from Albania will ever come close to topping Mall for me I think

Yazy

Just like Ukraine, this one does nothing for me (with this one at least being organic).

I do disagree with people who say that this is just another screaming intense woman.
This is more original.

In the past we had intense women.
Now we have a whole ass intense family.
With cousins, uncles and aunts I am sure.

Who knows, we might even get some intense little kids up in here.
I am sure Albina will find a way to sneak them all on stage.

:3: points from me.

Yazy

The original Studio version got uploaded on Albina's Instagram account.

Studio version:

@lasse braun
ouch 😮

The studio version sounds so demo-ish and watered down compared to the orchestra arrangement.

I hope they adapt from the orchestra arrangement as much as possible for that revamp. The clubbing beat with family drama aesthethic doesn't go together.

MopManMoss

Veteran
The narrative of :al: sending shouty an screaming women is tiring.

:al: never apologise and don't change! It's not your fault that your entrants can actually S.I.N.G.
Whether they can sing or not has never been in question, Albanian entrants have always been of high vocal capability the issue I have is that a lot of their entries are very very sonically similar and the lack of variety has become very tiresome

Mainshow

Veteran
How is "Duje" similar to "Karma"?
Because of a female singer?

As an avid Eurovision fan, I´m quite happy to see a country "sticking" to their ethno sound.
They will clearly add some variety in Liverpool and that´s all what matters to me.

I can understand your remark, though - :al: is not going to send a modern pop song but that shouldn´t be a surprise, either - since Festival i Kenges is not the place to be looking out for such entries.

They had the chance to submit "Atomike" by 2Farm for a change but televoting in Eurovision and Albania proved (again) that ethno bops are well-received amongst fans and viewers alike.

Mainshow

Veteran
ouch 😮

The studio version sounds so demo-ish and watered down compared to the orchestra arrangement.

I hope they adapt from the orchestra arrangement as much as possible for that revamp. The clubbing beat with family drama aesthethic doesn't go together.

I agree with you - but that´s probably the reason why she tagged it as "original studio version".
I don´t think that it sounds very "demo-ish" since I honestly believe that´s the best a passionate familiy could have come up with in a studio somewhere in Albania... but I´m pretty sure that the Albanian delegation/the broadcaster will put some money and effort to re-record the vocals and hire some professional musicians to play real instruments + hire producers to polish the sound (which is indeed desperately needed).

I just hope that they will follow the "Karma" route (that´s how you polish/revamp a song and add some modern elements as well).

+ THEY NEED TO TURN UP THE VOLUME OF THE BELLS!!!!!!!!

mauve

Veteran
The original Studio version got uploaded on Albina's Instagram account.

Studio version:

@lasse braun
The studio Version sounds awesome too! :love:

I really don't understand people lamenting over Albania sending the same song all over again. The songs aren't comparable at all. It's like saying Rap, hiphop or Metal sounding the same. Or look at all the bops. Then these sound the same too.

Mainshow

Veteran
The studio Version sounds awesome too! :love:

I really don't understand people lamenting over Albania sending the same song all over again. The songs aren't comparable at all. It's like saying Rap, hiphop or Metal sounding the same. Or look at all the bops. Then these sound the same too.

I mean, I can understand why people want to hear a modern song from Albania for a change - but they´ve been sending modern ballads/mid-tempo entries (2015), some rock (2018, 2013), dramatic ethno-ballads (2019, 2021), ethno up-tempo entries (2021) and some EDM-influenced pop as well (2009) - there´s clearly a tendency towards females with strong vocals but it´s not like their entries do sound the same.

It will be interesting to see if we will be getting a "modern" Albanian entry soon - if Festival i Kenges keeps on letting the televoters decide on the Eurovision entry.... but this time, the only semi modern songs which competed at FiK was butchered on stage (hello, Fifi).

MopManMoss

Veteran

As an avid Eurovision fan, I´m quite happy to see a country "sticking" to their ethno sound.
They will clearly add some variety in Liverpool and that´s all what matters to me.

I can understand your remark, though - :al: is not going to send a modern pop song but that shouldn´t be a surprise, either - since Festival i Kenges is not the place to be looking out for such entries.

They had the chance to submit "Atomike" by 2Farm for a change but televoting in Eurovision and Albania proved (again) that ethno bops are well-received amongst fans and viewers alike.
Countless countries have shown time and time again that you can be loyal to your country's unique cultural sound without constantly sending similar songs, Mall is one of my all time favourite Eurovision and showed that Albania can be true to themselves whilst sending something different to what they have done before. Duje (to me and I stress to me) sounds very similar to previous Albanian entries.

HayashiM

Veteran

:D :D I just literally came here to say how reminiscent of Karma Duje sounds to my ears, especially the chorus :D and to me, that is a great thing!

Maybe it's the language itself, which has a very distinct sound. I'd say there is more than that, but it's probably useless to dig deeper. Suffice to say I could easily imagine the two songs on the same album of the same singer.

However, I support your point about it being nice that :al: sticks to a sound of their own, it's what makes :al: one of my favourite Eurovision countries.

mauve

Veteran
I mean, I can understand why people want to hear a modern song from Albania for a change - but they´ve been sending modern ballads/mid-tempo entries (2015), some rock (2018, 2013), dramatic ethno-ballads (2019, 2021), ethno up-tempo entries (2021) and some EDM-influenced pop as well (2009) - there´s clearly a tendency towards females with strong vocals but it´s not like their entries do sound the same.

It will be interesting to see if we will be getting a "modern" Albanian entry soon - if Festival i Kenges keeps on letting the televoters decide on the Eurovision entry.... but this time, the only semi modern songs which competed at FiK was butchered on stage (hello, Fifi).
Though I have to admit that I didn't like Fifi too much. And let's not forget that "Atomike" received an award. That's not only modern, but also has an avantgarde touch. ;)

nudiecrudi

It's incredible. No one said nothing about Dadi and his entire Icelandic village on stage, singing how happy their family is.
Now people complaining about this Albanian family.
Two weights two measures?!!
About screaming divas story I'm really tired to discuss again. Albina can sing that's important and by the way, she's not screaming.
Happy to have more cultural and musical diversity in ESC.

Looren

Veteran
I really don't understand people saying Albania keep sending the same thing again and again

Fall From The Sky and Karma are quite different

There's some big difference between Karma and Sekret

And there's quite some difference between Sektret and Duje

Yeah so I don't really get the thing there

Top Bottom