24 13.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Mainshow

Veteran
They will never make it to Ireland´s national final.
The Late Late Night Show is even more beige and inoffensive than Germany´s recent outputs.

Courtzer

Some good quotes here from the Irish head of Delegation that give me some hope that we aren't completely out of touch.

• Don't try and write a 'Eurovision' song. There isn't a 'typical' Eurovision song and audiences spot songs which lack artistic integrity and are inauthentic.
  • It's worth remembering that songs in native languages have done particularly well in recent years
https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2022/1024/1331111-top-tips-for-irelands-eurovision-hopefuls/

Mainshow

Veteran
Some good quotes here from the Irish head of Delegation that give me some hope that we aren't completely out of touch.

• Don't try and write a 'Eurovision' song. There isn't a 'typical' Eurovision song and audiences spot songs which lack artistic integrity and are inauthentic.
  • It's worth remembering that songs in native languages have done particularly well in recent years
https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2022/1024/1331111-top-tips-for-irelands-eurovision-hopefuls/
That sounds quite promising!

Let´s hope that we won´t be seeing a dull, bland and generic national final like this year (it was even worse than the Danish one).

Sabrewulf238

It does sound promising, but I think I'll believe it when I see it.

Any number of amazing and unique artists could throw their hat into the ring, but it won't mean anything unless the people in charge at RTE actually choose them. I hope they'll be more open-minded about genre as well but we'll have to wait and see.

Apparently Wild Youth intend to submit a song, I wouldn't be mad if they represented us. There's a folk metal band called Cruachan who are also submitting a song, but I kinda have doubts on whether RTE would select them for the national final.

HarryUK

Point number 3 - do not use a show that has an average viewership age of 75 as your selection format

Looren

Veteran
It's on the Late Late show again, I don't hold much hope :(

Hum I don't think it was that bad last year, except judges being some nice little bunch of hypocrites :lol:

None of the songs had potential to qualify I agree, but some were enjoyable to me

Also the whole thing was pretty funny to follow #AuntieMaureen :lol:

Mainshow

Veteran
Ireland was the worst national final last year (together with :mk: ).

We will probably end up facing another set of generic to utterly horrendous "radio-friendly" pop songs.

jello

Cruachan would have been awesome! :( Let's hope for some good Irish Rock/Metal in the selection anyway!

or maybe at least one (or two) song in Irish. and, yes, I prefer not to lose any hope too but I still don’t feel very optimistic about it :confused:

jello

Erm, I thought North Macedonia had one of the best, my 2nd of that NF won it and ended up being my 2nd of the year and my fave North Macedonian entry ever :lol:
haha you literally won a lottery! who was your winner?

Top Bottom