Contact us

JESC 2022

Loindici

Veteran
:pl: only getting 53 pts in the online vote despite "diaspora" is a choice.

:ua: will not win at all.

Can we stop making comments how "Stefania" just won because of "pity votes" now???????
thank you!

I meaaaan Stefania was competing when the wound's still wet. Now it has scabbed and people didn't care for it anymore.

theditz83

Veteran
What a mess of a winner - but congrats :fr: I guess.

:am: smashed it with the best performance, but :ge: was definitely the best vocal and realistically the only one I could see as a global hit tbh.

I kinda enjoyed watching this - love that the awkward linking sections in the green room also show up here, how delightful! And well done :uk: on a great Top 5 xup

NemesisNick

It's all over now. There was barely a pause between the end of the jury voting and the start of the online voting. Winner France. Congratulations to France for winning JESC 2022. I've just heard from the BBC commentator that the UK won the online vote.

Loindici

Veteran
Is this a joke? :fr: literally the worst song ever

As soon as I saw France winning, I keep on repeating "This is trash". The televotes are rather fair (not much discrepancies happening), but i wanna know what the juries are thinking with giving 12s to this. The boy is screaming uncontrollably throughout that performance.

Mainshow

Veteran
I meaaaan Stefania was competing when the wound's still wet. Now it has scabbed and people didn't care for it anymore.

:ua: was totally up televoters´ ally and very competitive.
People massively voted for ethno/up-tempo songs (#1 :ua: #2 :md: followed by :es: and :rs: ) - they voted for the most distincitve folklore and original entries as well as the most original performances.
Easy as that - they got a little push indeed (probably due to the juries).. but :ua: finishing Top 2 in the televoting without the war would have been very likely as well.

Their JESC entry wasn´t competitive at all - decent and solid but utterly forgettable.

Mainshow

Veteran
I'm surprised Armenia didn't win, but I understand France's appeal. Lissandro is a real showman and he gave a charismatic performance that told the story of his song well. Congrats, France!

Even though I hated the song, he had one of the most impressive performances of the night.

It was lovely to see how much fun and energy he had on stage. He was having a blast - and unlike other entries, it didn´t feel "too adult or too serious" (too much choreography).... sometimes.. such entries perform really well in JESC and resonate to viewers and jury members alike.
Don´t forget that 2 out of 5 jury members are children, anyway.

+ Lissandro was one of VERY FEW male performers today.

0scar

oh one last thing before I leave this part of the forum alone again:

I enjoyed Armenia as hosts, they did well
I really hope :fr: will host next year again because they need to be prepared for the real deal!!!!

Loindici

Veteran
:ua: was totally up televoters´ ally and very competitive.
People massively voted for ethno/up-tempo songs (#1 :ua: #2 :md: followed by :es: and :rs: ) - they voted for the most distincitve folklore and original entries as well as the most original performances.
Easy as that - they got a little push indeed (probably due to the juries).. but :ua: finishing Top 2 in the televoting without the war would have been very likely as well.

Their JESC entry wasn´t competitive at all - decent and solid but utterly forgettable.
To be honest I can't deny Stefania is THAT ethnic hop song that a lot of televoters would gravitate towards. However, the publicity about the war did add to how exaggerated its points had become. Like, getting 12s from almost every country? People seemed to think that sending televotes sounded like showing support to Ukraine, too.

I feel the UA delegation still have that war-based motive when sending Nezlamna. However, aside of the song being alright, people didn't talk about the war the way it was before. Adding to how JESC targets demographics that weren't expected to care about the war anyways, nothing can be harvested from selling the war in a children's contest.

aef

Hm :fr: won because of charisma, not so much because of a good song - it's the weakest song since their return in my opinion. But hey, the victory is fine for me. The best part of the show was :ie: 4th place - well done! I'm surprised by :uk: - I thought that they would end in the top 3 for sure.

Loindici

Veteran
And yes, Ireland doing WELL is very giving!

Top Bottom