Contact us

What games do you play?

RainBirrd

Lost Ark is one of my Favorite games! The combat especially feels very impactful as you steamroll enemies to your heart's content, while realizing it's still a very balanced experience. But! I hate how if I'm forced to take time off the game because of IRL issues I can't play or catch up to my friends until the game decides to let me catch up. I wish I could put in more hours to complete missed content instead of taking a week off and taking 3 weeks or so to catch up(without an event or patch). Makes this game a brutal single-player game for this social gamer. why can't I put in the hours so I can play with my guild again? Maybe I'll consider buying some items to save time... It kind of hurts when you cant play with your friends unless they take extra time to decide to play with you. not the best feeling right now. Sorry for the vent. see you in the solo queue for those abyssal dungeons I guess.

I also have a bonus game and that is pokemon colosseum. I got a old gamecube from my girlfriend and i remember playing the whole game with her and i dont know because of that so have that game stuck with me.

OK, so what is your favorite game and why?
I genuinely believe that the fact that you are limited in what Pokemon you can catch improves the game.
When you have to make do with what Pokemon you have, the difficulty skyrockets and forces you to employ Pokemon you would never use otherwise. I know I wound up switching my team around more frequently because when you get a better Pokemon, it's actually worth putting on the team.

I'm hoping that, like Snap, these games will get a remake one day.

Bobjan FR

I discovered undertale at the beginning of the year, i have rarely been schocked by a game like that xheart

Lonter

Zero-Escape-The-Nonary-Games.jpg

Cheating a little and just going with a series

758176.png

So basically the entirety of the Zero Escape series. You can also throw in the AI: The Somnium Files series by the same creator in that group too.

Other games would also include:

hero

bIsL7LdWIVw9V46oHJ0PIwZv.png

and

header.jpg

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
After not being able to play my beloved Sims 2 for the past couple of years since it stopped working on Windows 10, I've been suffering from major house building withdrawals. So when EA just made the Sims 4 base game free to download, I had to go for it just to have some kind of way to keep building houses, even if it's not the Sims version I love and prefer.

So because I only have the Sims 4 base game (instead of almost every expansion and stuff pack like I did in Sims 2), I'm very limited to whatever the game provides me to work with and whatever custom content I've been able to find so far. Will definitely hunt for more custom content in the coming weeks, though. And I haven't quite gotten the hang of all the Sims 4 build mode quirks yet, since it all works quite differently from Sims 2, so I built something quite standard and relatively simple for my first ever Sims 4 build.

sims58.jpg

While some build features in Sims 4 have definitely made the building part easier (the stairs tool, and some of the roof tools for example), there are still so many features that are either simply lacking, or features that make everything more difficult than it needs to be compared to how easy it was in Sims 2. But I suppose I'll get used to it. At least I can build again! :)

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
After not being able to play my beloved Sims 2 for the past couple of years since it stopped working on Windows 10, I've been suffering from major house building withdrawals. So when EA just made the Sims 4 base game free to download, I had to go for it just to have some kind of way to keep building houses, even if it's not the Sims version I love and prefer.

So because I only have the Sims 4 base game (instead of almost every expansion and stuff pack like I did in Sims 2), I'm very limited to whatever the game provides me to work with and whatever custom content I've been able to find so far. Will definitely hunt for more custom content in the coming weeks, though. And I haven't quite gotten the hang of all the Sims 4 build mode quirks yet, since it all works quite differently from Sims 2, so I built something quite standard and relatively simple for my first ever Sims 4 build.

sims58.jpg

While some build features in Sims 4 have definitely made the building part easier (the stairs tool, and some of the roof tools for example), there are still so many features that are either simply lacking, or features that make everything more difficult than it needs to be compared to how easy it was in Sims 2. But I suppose I'll get used to it. At least I can build again! :)

OOF When I saw you had posted here I immediately had to come check. I'm happy you're finally giving the sims 4 a chance and getting into it a bit. The different build styles are definitely a bit of a challenge to adjust to, but imo I think they give more build opportunities - you don't even need cheats to place of the grid etc. Also sims route a lot better than in the sims 2, so stuff can be placed closer together and look more cluttered. Ironically, your base game has A LOT more features than on the original release. For example there was tools to raise and lower terrain, no pools, no platforms, no special stairs tool so they can turn and a few others. For your first attempt the house looks super cute. It can be hard to give houses in the sims character, usually they can come off looking very plain. Given that it's also just base game, you've done a great job. I see you used the wall cladding that gave the auto pillars option for the corners. It can be an awkward tool, so it might be easier to just place the plain cladding then use the pillars on the edges. Personally I think a lot of the EPs and Stuff Packs can be quite lacking, so especially as a builder you'll be fine with just Custom Content. If you were interested as a builder in getting an EP or 2, then given your style then cottage living I figure might be the first stop. You can create some super cute English style chocolate box village-esque thatched roof cottages with it. Can't wait to see more.

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
OOF When I saw you had posted here I immediately had to come check. I'm happy you're finally giving the sims 4 a chance and getting into it a bit. The different build styles are definitely a bit of a challenge to adjust to, but imo I think they give more build opportunities - you don't even need cheats to place of the grid etc. Also sims route a lot better than in the sims 2, so stuff can be placed closer together and look more cluttered. Ironically, your base game has A LOT more features than on the original release. For example there was tools to raise and lower terrain, no pools, no platforms, no special stairs tool so they can turn and a few others. For your first attempt the house looks super cute. It can be hard to give houses in the sims character, usually they can come off looking very plain. Given that it's also just base game, you've done a great job. I see you used the wall cladding that gave the auto pillars option for the corners. It can be an awkward tool, so it might be easier to just place the plain cladding then use the pillars on the edges. Personally I think a lot of the EPs and Stuff Packs can be quite lacking, so especially as a builder you'll be fine with just Custom Content. If you were interested as a builder in getting an EP or 2, then given your style then cottage living I figure might be the first stop. You can create some super cute English style chocolate box village-esque thatched roof cottages with it. Can't wait to see more.
Thank you so much! xlove Yeah I was surprised at how many build features were actually included in the base game, compared to what I heard about it years ago, so it's great that they've added more stuff to it. But there are some basic standard Sims things that Sims 4 lacks for some weird annoying reason, such as being able to download custom worlds/neighborhoods or being able to place a fence around the very edge of the property for example. I always used to add fences to my Sims builds because I prefer them that way, but it looks too ridiculous having the fence one tile in in my opinion. :( Yeah the way that the siding works in Sims 4 is really awkward, that I can't choose where to add the corner edge pillar thing, and that for some reason rooms have to be at least 2x2 to even have the corner edge appear. So I downloaded a matching 1 tile CC version of the siding with edges, so that I can build however I want to.

I think the main reason why I'd love to get an expansion pack is because of the worlds they come with. The three that come with the base game are quite boring, compared to some of the worlds I've seen the expansions pack come with. Another reason to get more expansion packs is that a lot of great custom content require them. But I can't really afford one right now, so I'll have to make do with the base game.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Thank you so much! xlove Yeah I was surprised at how many build features were actually included in the base game, compared to what I heard about it years ago, so it's great that they've added more stuff to it. But there are some basic standard Sims things that Sims 4 lacks for some weird annoying reason, such as being able to download custom worlds/neighborhoods or being able to place a fence around the very edge of the property for example. I always used to add fences to my Sims builds because I prefer them that way, but it looks too ridiculous having the fence one tile in in my opinion. :( Yeah the way that the siding works in Sims 4 is really awkward, that I can't choose where to add the corner edge pillar thing, and that for some reason rooms have to be at least 2x2 to even have the corner edge appear. So I downloaded a matching 1 tile CC version of the siding with edges, so that I can build however I want to.

I think the main reason why I'd love to get an expansion pack is because of the worlds they come with. The three that come with the base game are quite boring, compared to some of the worlds I've seen the expansions pack come with. Another reason to get more expansion packs is that a lot of great custom content require them. But I can't really afford one right now, so I'll have to make do with the base game.

Even with some things you wouldn't probably think of doing in the sims like this [link]. When the platforms come out, it was possible to make these built in dormers for the first time in the sims. Dormers have always been possible, but as full wall length built into the roofs. Actually yes, that thing with the fence has been a super annoying quirk in both the sims 3 and sims 4. It's partly why when I make fences I use the hedges, or use a fence/wall and put the hedges in front. The debug items can be used also with move objects to kinda get around it.

That's the problem with the base game and a lot of the EPs in general, in that the very Americanised and lack real diversity to other parts of the world. It's why more recent EPs such as Cottage Living or Snowy Escape are meant to look like totally different parts of the world (England and Japan in these EPs cases). There is also the case of bad lighting, which is the problem with Oasis Springs. It's meant to have these intense sun glare but it just washes everything in an orangey-yellow filter. I know people who play there actually build in another world, and then move the house over. In the base game I personally like Newcrest. It's a totally blank world, so you can make it your own.

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Can't wait to see more.
So I couldn't help myself and had to continue building now that I finally can do it again. xheat My mods folder is already several GBs full of CCs, and I feel like I've only scratched the surface of the kinds of downloads I'd like to find. :lol:

First I built the cutest little Swedish cottage.
sims59.jpg

And then I went BIG with a sort of Tudor-esque/National Romantic hybrid where I played around with the roofs a bit.
sims60.jpg

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
So I couldn't help myself and had to continue building now that I finally can do it again. xheat My mods folder is already several GBs full of CCs, and I feel like I've only scratched the surface of the kinds of downloads I'd like to find. :lol:

First I built the cutest little Swedish cottage.
sims59.jpg

And then I went BIG with a sort of Tudor-esque/National Romantic hybrid where I played around with the roofs a bit.
sims60.jpg

Clearly you've fell right into place with the Sims 4. :mrgreen: Also bringing your frame rate to a grinding halt with tonnes of CC. xheat The modding community is so good for the sims 4, like I said you probably wont miss any actual EPs or SPs.

btw what happened to the 'Screenshots of your game' thread? I had all my sims posts in there and now I can't find it.

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Clearly you've fell right into place with the Sims 4. :mrgreen: Also bringing your frame rate to a grinding halt with tonnes of CC. xheat The modding community is so good for the sims 4, like I said you probably wont miss any actual EPs or SPs.

btw what happened to the 'Screenshots of your game' thread? I had all my sims posts in there and now I can't find it.
Yeah, it's great that there are so many CCs to find for Sims 4. My Sims 2 CC folder had about 33,000+ downloads in it I think. But it also made the game incredibly slow to load. :lol: Hopefully I won't miss the EPs/SPs too much. Although I am longingly pining for Get Together I think, only because of all the half-timbered goodness.

I have no idea what happened to the thread. :( I went looking for it when I posted the first build a couple of days ago and only realized then it was nowhere to be found. I'll ask around with the admin/mod team.

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
So I may have built an entire Christmas house, with Christmas colors all throughout the palette, decorated to the max. xangel Since I don't have any of the snow expansions, I had to download some snow covering CCs to make up for it. So please ignore the lush green world in the background. :lol:

sims61j.jpg

How the poor Sims get the lights up on that tower I have no idea. :lol:

sims61k.jpg

A Christmas dream for sure! xlove

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
How is your game running with all the CC? :lol: My laptop would be begging to die. It looks sooo good and festive. Especially the decorations inside. Love it. With the seasons expansion you can hang trimming etc all over the house like you have with just 1 click, but yours looks soo much better and far more lush.

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
How is your game running with all the CC? :lol: My laptop would be begging to die. It looks sooo good and festive. Especially the decorations inside. Love it. With the seasons expansion you can hang trimming etc all over the house like you have with just 1 click, but yours looks soo much better and far more lush.
Oh man, adding all that exterior decor with just one click? What a dream. I had to add and raise up every single tile by hand. :lol:

It's running just fine for now! But I suspect the more CCs I download, the worse it will get. I do have 16 GBs of RAM to work with, though. Thank you so much. xlove

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
For the past couple of weeks I've been working on a larger build, but you quickly burn out after a couple of hours each session because everything just takes so long (and it often feels like you've hardly progressed at all), so it took a while to finish it, but I think I'm basically there now.

sims62a.jpg

I created a little backstory for the build. I was thinking that it originally was a castle built in the 1300s, but then during the course of the centuries things got added to it, or changed or updated (as is often the case with these old castles and manors in real life) so the windows and mansard roofs might have been changed/added in the 1600s, the pointy tower roofs added during the romanticism period of the 1800s, and so on. So it's supposed to be a historical castle, but some modern comforts have been added to the interior along with all the antique furniture and decor.

⬇ CLICK FOR INTERIOR ⬇

blue00eyes

I started playing Detroit: become human and it's not too bad. I like that I can choose to act good or evil thus the story changes a lot and I know I'll play it multiple times to experience different endings.

Milos-BC

Detroit: Become Human is indeed one of the best games I've played in the last couple of years. It feels ike a movie/TV show.

I have completed the game once but not completely satisfied with the ending so I will surely replay it at some point in the future.

blue00eyes

Detroit: Become Human is indeed one of the best games I've played in the last couple of years. It feels ike a movie/TV show.

I have completed the game once but not completely satisfied with the ending so I will surely replay it at some point in the future.
I can't stop playing it. Now I act good and empathetic but once I finish the story I'll go for being naughty and I'll kill folks.

Did you play Infamous 2? You'd probably like that game aswell.

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Built a fancy Swedish-style manor, featuring things very typical of Swedish manors like the split hip roof (called säteri roof) and multiple rooms aligned enfilade. This build is using a lot of custom content obviously, including the exterior, but I have actually made a Base Game version as well that is uploaded to the Gallery (just search for 'Sunnansjö' or 'Swedish Manor').

sims63a.jpg

sims63b.jpg

Top Bottom