Contact us

How many countries will join?

Loindici

Veteran
Let's predict how many countries will join 2023 edition since some broadcasters got some drama with EBU and Ukraine won the contest.

rasmuslights

Veteran
tbh, I don't think we (slovenia) ever seriously considered withdrawing. it was probably just more of a thought than something doing in that direction. i mean all the members of the board voted for staying.

alenka gotar (the one who said we considered withdrawing) likes the drama...

Ezio

Veteran
I think next year could see the smallest number of participants in the modern era of Eurovision due to recession.

i am counting

Loindici

Veteran

Ezio

Veteran
Oh sorry, I meant I was humming to 3 by Britney

Loindici

Veteran

Mainshow

Veteran
Btw, I just had a chat with another Eurovision fan and apparently, the "official list of participants", which usually gets released late October to mid-November, hasn´t really been "final" in the end - we have had slight changes (due to certain circumstances) in recent years:

2022 - RuZZia got disqualified and banned from entering Eurovision
2021 - Belarus got disqualified because of using Eurovision as a propaganda tool/submitting political entries celebrating dictatorship
2020 - no changes but Eurovision got cancelled
2019 - Ukraine withdrew (Maruv´s ego)
2018 - North Macedonia had withdrawn before it got added again
2017 - Russia withdrew because it was unwilling to accept Ukraine´s laws and wanted to provoke/mock the hosts
2016 - Romania got disqualified THREE weeks before the Grand Final
2015 - Australia was added as an "one-off"
2014 - Slovenia didn´t appear on the official list - the EBU extended their confirmation deadline

Within the last 9 years, all official lists got slightly altered after EBU´s announcement.
The only exception: 2020 (and then the entire contest got cancelled).

12Pointsgoto.....

Btw, I just had a chat with another Eurovision fan and apparently, the "official list of participants", which usually gets released late October to mid-November, hasn´t really been "final" in the end - we have had slight changes (due to certain circumstances) in recent years:

2022 - RuZZia got disqualified and banned from entering Eurovision
2021 - Belarus got disqualified because of using Eurovision as a propaganda tool/submitting political entries celebrating dictatorship
2020 - no changes but Eurovision got cancelled
2019 - Ukraine withdrew (Maruv´s ego)
2018 - North Macedonia had withdrawn before it got added again
2017 - Russia withdrew because it was unwilling to accept Ukraine´s laws and wanted to provoke/mock the hosts
2016 - Romania got disqualified THREE weeks before the Grand Final
2015 - Australia was added as an "one-off"
2014 - Slovenia didn´t appear on the official list - the EBU extended their confirmation deadline

Within the last 9 years, all official lists got slightly altered after EBU´s announcement.
The only exception: 2020 (and then the entire contest got cancelled).
When you have so many delegations, there will always be problems with the participation. I just hope that Kazakhstan makes it into the list, it is such a beautiful country to visit.
Also, It was quite understandable that Maruv withdrew, the terms and conditions given were not acceptable for her, since it would leave out a large part of a fanbase.

Miss Antartica

Official Bulgaria is out but some good news from Turkie, seem the opposition parties ask to goverm the come on cack of Turkie at esc.

Brandt

Mainshow

Veteran
Yasss! We're in! We're iiiiiin! Slayyyy queen!

I just resigned myself and was counting on the withdrawal.

*********$$$$$đ[đ]đ€Đ]Ł$ł[]$ŁĐđ$$÷$$$$$$$
!!!!!!

So happy right now!
I´m deliriously happy for you ;)

I was afraid of the Czech Republic about to withdraw as well but I´m glad they are still part of Eurovision.

Brandt

All withdrawing countries are due to financial difficulties. I think North Macedonia and Montenegro could have pushed harder if they had good results. As for Bulgaria, I don't get how they can be in such difficulty, to be honest. Does not the EU feed them money enough? What more do they actually need? It feels as though the country would not have survived had they not been accepted in the EU back then.

Top Bottom