Contact us

EUROVISION 2023 - General Discussion thread

A-lister

Veteran
Pre-recorded vocals made :md: 2021 qualify, though.

Moldova 2021 was even playback in the "main" vocals... I mean that long note was and never will be live...

Hopefully Kirkorov will be banned from this contest, for all our ears, and because he always brings corruption to it by buying votes... let him sit and hold Putin's hand.

12Pointsgoto.....

Moldova 2021 was even playback in the "main" vocals... I mean that long note was and never will be live...
I am pretty sure that that long note was live and sung by her, since it isn't allowed to have any sort of main melody be played in playback. But the backing vocals definitely did carry her through the rest of the song

A-lister

Veteran
I am pretty sure that that long note was live and sung by her, since it isn't allowed to have any sort of main melody be played in playback. But the backing vocals definitely did carry her through the rest of the song

She can barely sing live, so holding a long note I highly doubt. Looking at the performance it literally looks like she is just keeping her mouth open but you can't see any other movements.

Probably Kirkorov used his purse as with the votes, this guy is one big cheat.

rasmuslights

Veteran
She can barely sing live, so holding a long note I highly doubt. Looking at the performance it literally looks like she is just keeping her mouth open but you can't see any other movements.

literally. sugar remains one of the most obviously corrupted results in the last few years. you're telling me serbia placed her 1st in televote in the semi but in the final 22nd, same with estonia with 19th in the final and 1st in the semi....

hijirio

Veteran

I understand why you question her long note, you have valid reasons to question.
But I was watching the rehearsals live, and I can tell you that the long note was live. Especially in the first and second takes, she was doing it with little effort so as not to lose her voice. And it is not a high note per se, only a long and steady one. Not that difficult for a professional singer, I'd say.

12Pointsgoto.....

I personally consider Natalia being an integral part of esc 2021, even though I find the song horrible. I am still convinced that she sang that note live.

Sammy

Veteran
I understand why you question her long note, you have valid reasons to question.
But I was watching the rehearsals live, and I can tell you that the long note was live. Especially in the first and second takes, she was doing it with little effort so as not to lose her voice. And it is not a high note per se, only a long and steady one. Not that difficult for a professional singer, I'd say.
I asked a couple of professional singing teachers and voice coaches (4 to be precise) what they think of it: it was unanimous and instantly the same answer: looking at her neck, the muscels of her face (especially the mouth region) and her throat it is VERY unlikely that she sang that live because there should be a lot of tension visible with such a long and high note. and she‘s relaxed like a little baby.

12Pointsgoto.....

I asked a couple of professional singing teachers and voice coaches (4 to be precise) what they think of it: it was unanimous and instantly the same answer: looking at her neck, the muscels of her face (especially the mouth region) and her throat it is VERY unlikely that she sang that live because there should be a lot of tension visible with such a long and high note. and she‘s relaxed like a little baby.
She did a good job faking that breath at the end

A-lister

Veteran

Exactly!

I mean, I can agree that she has her integral part in 2021 and is a walking meme, so I wouldn't wish to erase that.

But on a serious note, it's still a bit problematic, to say the least, that EBU were completely fine with Kirkorov bribes (as they've been in the past too). The bribing of certain jurors, the "look the other way" with obvious playback singing...

FilipFromSweden

Again, there is no evidence that :md: 2021 cheated, fans only base it on them not liking the song. It's one of many songs throughout the years that lost a lot of televote support going from the semi-final to the final. I know several friends in the Eurovision bubble who had it as one of their favorites and voted for it. It was the only song within it's own category that year and Natalia was very charismatic as well.

rasmuslights

Veteran
Again, there is no evidence that :md: 2021 cheated, fans only base it on them not liking the song. It's one of many songs throughout the years that lost a lot of televote support going from the semi-final to the final. I know several friends in the Eurovision bubble who had it as one of their favorites and voted for it. It was the only song within it's own category that year and Natalia was very charismatic as well.

well, evidence is hard to get.

but it can't be more obvious than it is.

A-lister

Veteran

Pigs can fly, Putin is nice, the world is flat :lol:

ESC94

Ok, so please tell me another example for songs that won a countrys televote in the semi final and then crashed to the bottom five in the final like in :gr: or :rs: last year. IOTAP

Last edited:
Top Bottom