Contact us

Where will it be hosted?

Brandt

Brandt

They almost quite literally were with those god awful LED lights on those outfits
Well Alex blocked me on Facebook when I mentioned something remotely resembles these lines so it's kinda sensitive topic within the band ig.

HarryUK

Well Alex blocked me on Facebook when I mentioned something remotely resembles these lines so it's kinda sensitive topic within the band ig.
Last I checked he was on benefits

HarryUK

Who do we think would be good hosts?? Presuming the BBC has full control over hosts, this would be my dream (UK) lineup:

Hosting:
Graham Norton, Davina McCall & Mel Giedroyc

Green Room:
Tia Kofi (RuPaul's Drag Race UK Season 2) OR Rylan

Commentary:
Graham Norton OR Michelle Visage (if Graham can't host & commentate like Sir Terry did in '98)

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
One will almost definitely be Graham Norton. Although there is a chance he will just do commentary as usual. Not exactly my hot picks but i feel like Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman are possibly top picks as the hosting pair from Strictly (if they even still do it?? I've never watched it). Surely they will pick from within the BBC team already

ESCConor

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet, but could Dermot O Leary be a presenter?

He is on the BBC Payroll and is pretty experienced doing live events like Eurovision.

Rocket man

Dermot O Leary and Davina McCall as presenters would be great, they were great when they worked together on Big Brother UK back in the day and will both be able to handle the live occasion easily and they have charisma.

Mainshow

Veteran

Scottish cities compete to host Eurovision Song Contest​

Glasgow and Aberdeen are submitting bids to host the Eurovision Song Contest next year. [...]
Kyiv's sister city Edinburgh is also considering submitting a bid, with council leader Cammy Day saying Edinburgh would be a "fitting host." [...]

Edinburgh City Council leader Cammy Day said the council would look at all the options and make a decision on whether to make a bid as soon as it could.
He added that, as Kyiv's sister city and new home to many thousands of Ukrainians, Edinburgh would be a "fitting host".
A Glasgow Council spokeswoman said officials had "been working hard on our bid" since the UK became a possibility and the city would be "the safest of safe pairs of hands."

She added that Glasgow met "all the technical requirements, and we know Glaswegians are desperate to welcome the world with open arms."

[...]

An Aberdeen Council spokeswoman said the city had a track record of delivering "major international events" and it would provide "a major boost to the Aberdeen and Scottish economies."
She said the council would look at the next steps of the shortlisting process.

Mainshow

Veteran
According to BBC, at least 17 cities hope to host Eurovision next year!

I can only "count" 15:

- Aberdeen
- Belfast
- Birmingham
- Brighton
- Cardiff
- Glasgow
- Leeds
- Liverpool
- London
- Manchester
- Newcastle
- Nottingham
- Sheffield
- Sunderland
- Wolverhampton

Which 2 cities aren´t included on my list? Do you know the 2 remaining ones, guys?

Edit: Nottingham is also interested:

Nicfedy

According to BBC, at least 17 cities hope to host Eurovision next year!

I can only "count" 15:

- Aberdeen
- Belfast
- Birmingham
- Brighton
- Cardiff
- Glasgow
- Leeds
- Liverpool
- London
- Manchester
- Newcastle
- Nottingham
- Sheffield
- Sunderland
- Wolverhampton

Which 2 cities aren´t included on my list? Do you know the 2 remaining ones, guys?

Edit: Nottingham is also interested:
Bristol and I heard on the radio, Swindon, but just read Swindon now off the list

Last edited:

Loindici

Veteran
Comig from the news that UK is officially hosting, I still wonder how the non-Eurofan UK people feels/reacts to it (considering the usually negative outlook on the contest).

Plus, I have a feeling it'll either be London, Glasgow or Cardiff. Don't think BBC will waste an opportunity to go all out. I'll add Birmingham since they have good indoor arenas too.

Last edited:

Mainshow

Veteran
Comig from the news that UK is officially hosting, I still wonder how the non-Eurofan UK people feels/reacts to it (considering the usually negative outlook on the contest).

Plus, I have a feeling it'll either be London, Glasgow or Cardiff. Don't think BBC will waste an opportunity to go all out. I'll add Birmingham since they have good indoor arenas too.
The comments on FB have surprisingly been overwhelmingly positive. I've checked several media outlets like Independant, BBC and even local ones (e.g. from Newcastle).
In all posts, there have been thousands of reactions and the "like/thumbs up" ones outnumbered the other emojis.

Unlike in Germany in which people usually react in a less favorably way (people are people are dumb and should go f*** themselves) - laughing at the whole situation, calling the ESC a joke or even calling for a boycott or demanding to cancel everything.

Personally, I think that Sam being such a great entrant (bring positive about everything) as well as him finishing #2 might have helped to create a more positive image of Eurovision in the UK? All these politicians and former ESC winners backing it up by making positive comments may help as well?

Honestly, I couldn't belive my eyes but overall, I think that people outside the Eurovision bubble are in favor of UK hosting it (so far).

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

There is always gonna be cynical naysayers which are abundant, but as Mainshow aaid, it's been rather positive. More thumbs up and hearts, less laughing faces and very few angry ones. Generally I think people always usually respond favourably to us hosting big international events.

HarryUK

I'm enjoying the i tHoUgHt wE lEfT eUrOpE comments personally

Top Bottom