Contact us

How many countries will join?

Loindici

Veteran
Let's predict how many countries will join 2023 edition since some broadcasters got some drama with EBU and Ukraine won the contest.

Sammy

Veteran
i think it's more likely lebanon will return than morocco...

lebanon is much more liberal...

out of microstates i really hope for monaco and luxembourg to return and I believe Monaco will return next year... (along with turkey depending on elections)

slovakia could get us a surprise return tho.
Lebanon? I strongly doubt that given their catastrophic economical and political situation at the moment.

rasmuslights

Veteran
Lebanon? I strongly doubt that given their catastrophic economical and political situation at the moment.

yeah, i'm not saying they will debut - it's very unlikely but more likely than morocco returning... that was my point.

Ezio

Veteran
I am really worried how inflation is going to turn our worlds upside down. Gas prices are expected to hike another 25 times, and overall inflation could hit 15 to 20% by fall. Broadcasters, companies and households will get steamrolled by the energy crisis, if it doesnt get solved soon, and I don't feel like Eurovision 2023 can actually be budgetted right now.

12Pointsgoto.....

We nearly joined in 2016 I think, but no other country has ever come closer to joining. I hope kazakhstan can come to eurovision and some other north african countries as well

Miss Antartica

We nearly joined in 2016 I think, but no other country has ever come closer to joining. I hope kazakhstan can come to eurovision and some other north african countries as well
The countries of North Africa do not participate, the esc is too much for their tastes, too many half-, too many situations where there are gays, gay kisses, and then there is Lidrael. In the Maghreb when there are scenes of straight kisses on TV, people run away and don't want to see it, this was told to me by a Moroccan truck driver who works for me.

Miss Antartica

I believe that Bulgaria, Cekia and Montenegro will withdraw from Eurovision 2023, they are disappointed with this year's result, in terms of audience and money spent and result. They have not yet confirmed their participation. Turkiye, Hungary, Slovakia, Andorra, Bosnia, Luxembourg and Lichenstain we know they are already out

A-lister

Veteran
I think we'll have the same countries as in 2022.

If EBU would stop their bias we could have also seen a Kazakhstan debut, but it won't happen because of EBU blocking them.

Kosovo would have also debuted already if it wasn't for various circumstances.

A-lister

Veteran
If EBU bias is keeping an authoritarian, suppressive regime away from Eurovision then I'm all for it. We've just got rid of 2.

That's not the reason we got rid of belaruZ and ruZZia though, on top of that EBU wanted Turkey back for years already xshrug

Also, there are active countries that are totalitarian as well, or questionable democracies at best, doesn't stop them from taking part xshrug

Point is, the bias that keeps Kazakhstan from entering the adult contest has nothing to do with EBU being some sort of noble human rights supporters and I think we are fooling ourselves to believe that. Now, if one supports them to take part or not for whatever reason is another question, but let's not give EBU credit for something they don't care about and we shouldn't applaud hypocrisy.

crals

Why would a brutal dictatorship get a special invitation?

My guess is 39, same countries as 2022 but either Azerbaijan getting kicked out or Armenia withdrawing.

A-lister

Veteran

boyardor

Do we have any new information about the Czech Republic ?

Miss Antartica

Czech, Croatia, Montenegro. North Macedonia, Bulgaria, Moldova, Azerbaigian and Armenia no news. Balkan and Caucasus are know for say yes or not very late, but Cekia is not part of Balkan or Caucasus but this year Cekia have made a good position result.

12Pointsgoto.....

I think that we will most likely have 40 countries again this year. I really hope Montenegro doesn't give up hope and tries again. Armenia might leave if it gets worse for them.

A-lister

Veteran
I think that we will most likely have 40 countries again this year. I really hope Montenegro doesn't give up hope and tries again. Armenia might leave if it gets worse for them.

Ukraine is literary in the worst situation of all Europe, yet they remain, so not sure why Armenia should leave? Also, Armenia, interestingly managed to have the biggest cross-over hit from Eurovision 2022, which I think could encourage them to stay.

rasmuslights

Veteran
Ukraine is literary in the worst situation of all Europe, yet they remain, so not sure why Armenia should leave? Also, Armenia, interestingly managed to have the biggest cross-over hit from Eurovision 2022, which I think could encourage them to stay.

I think they'll stay...

Top Bottom