Contact us

What games do you play?

heke1988

The day before yesterday I played Diablo II: Resurrected Open Beta. It was good.

WolvXCII

Now all I've been playing alot is Genshin Impact, I think it's a really nice game, I was basically peer pressured since my EU friends were really at it right as it was released, and the more I go along with it, I really got hooked.

Other than Genshin, I play another mobile game which is Cats are Cute, just some chill game to past the time nothing too major happening in it, you basically just build a town of cats haha.

Brandt

I am pre-ordering Pokémon Shining Diamond and Legends: Arceus. :D I still have about 5 months until I get them both at the same time but well.

Muroney

Gta5grand is a great game, no doubt but I prefer something like Battlefield.
Finished up GTA 5 on the PC, and I swear they've made some performance & quality of life changes since the 360 version. It ran very smoothly and looked pretty good. What surprised me the most was that it was never frustrating. I remember having to tail cars in other GTA's, vehicles being unusable (and blowing up automatically) if they were turned over, the character AI not following you properly and getting stuck, dying with a couple bullet shots, cops cheating... none of that occurred. Everything ran flawlessly. And it was all fun. The combat wasn't bad at all, and didn't drag on.

The story was pretty cool, and there was a lot of stuff I completely forgot about which made the experience better. It did drag on a little while preparing for the heists, but it wasn't too bad. Just sometimes you think "eh, I don't feel like doing a big mission" and take a break for a while. Overall it was enjoyable and worth playing again.

Since then I started Horizon Zero Dawn on the PC, which is the first time playing it. My God does this game look phenomenal. Everything from the detail, lighting, weather effects... I'm not a huge graphics freak, but this is just amazing. The Strider's light on its head literally flashes like a headlight. I LOVE the rain and how the main character holds her head when it starts getting too windy. The atmosphere changes seamlessly and it all looks great. I'm playing with ultra textures, model quality, and anistropic filtering -- with medium shadows and reflection. It runs smooth and looks amazing, with only a couple "bumps" in the cut-scenes at times. (I would post screenshots but I don't want to clutter the page. And they come in the .png format, so I'm not sure how all that works. Maybe I'll post some in the PC screenshots thread once I figure it out, lol.)

Last edited:

alca

Technically you could say this is out of topic but I'm so desperate I thought I'd ask here too (I don't want to create a new thread).

I got a new gaming laptop (medium range) last September. I finally installed GTA 5 after many years of hiatus and it worked perfectly fine. Not even the tiniest problem.

So one day I was playing the game, again it ran smoothly, I turned it off and the next day tried to play again. That's when it started. All of a sudden it started lagging like crazy as soon as the game loaded. I didn't check my FPS before it happened but now the FPS is between 7 (!!) and max 20!

As far as I remember there were no Windows updates done before it started (last November). I also installed another game just to check if it only happens in GTA but I have the same problem. In that other game I got around 140 FPS during a loading screen but then it dropped again below 20. Even CS GO lags like crazy (playing with bots, not online).

It drives me crazy as I've tried almost every solution I found online. A few days ago I reinstalled Windows just to see if the problem gets fixed but nothing.

HP Pavilion 15-EC2011NV AMD Ryzen™ 7-5800H/16GB/512GB SSD/Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 4GB

My drivers are updated and I even tried to play with the power option set at High performance (both on the Windows settings and the Nvidia settings) which I don't think it would help anyway coz everything was fine when it was on default. I don't know what else to do...

Anyone? :cry::cry:

Simon

Sorry to hear of your troubles, alca. That does sound strange and concerning. Unfortunately, It’s very difficult to diagnose tech issues without having access to the machine, especially on a non-tech site such as this. You should run the available troubleshooting and hardware scans within Windows if you haven’t already. Avoid downloading third-party scanners as the internet is a minefield and it could make things worse.

You can also try reinstalling the latest graphics drivers from Nvidia, but since you’ve recently reinstalled Windows it’s probably unlikely to help. Do the fans sound normal and loud by any chance? Other than these things I’d say it’s at the point of needing to take it to a computer repair shop or get a technician over to have a look. Hope you find a solution or fix soon.

I haven’t finished GTA 5 either, but every time I download it I find rather than doing the missions I prefer to just drive around and explore. I’m not one for stressful gaming. It’s why I liked Death Stranding. I play mostly indie games, however. One on my list to get is called The Longing.

Last edited:

alca

Sorry to hear of your troubles, alca. That does sound strange and concerning. Unfortunately, It’s very difficult to diagnose tech issues without having access to the machine, especially on a non-tech site such as this. You should run the available troubleshooting and hardware scans within Windows if you haven’t already. Avoid downloading third-party scanners as the internet is a minefield and it could make things worse.

You can also try reinstalling the latest graphics drivers from Nvidia, but since you’ve recently reinstalled Windows it’s probably unlikely to help. Do the fans sound normal and loud by any chance? Other than these things I’d say it’s at the point of needing to take it to a computer repair shop or get a technician over to have a look. Hope you find a solution or fix soon.
Thanks for your reply. All of my drivers are up to date and the fans sound the same since the day I bought the laptop. I honestly can't think of any reason why it shouldn't running as it's supposed to. I guess the only thing left to do is to go get the laptop checked...

StephenMuckle

Wonder what will come first. RAI announcing the date for Eurovision tickets or the first DLC expansion for Forza Horizon 5 being announced. Come on Playground Games, do something!

tomos2019

I am not that big a game person which would become apparent if you saw me trying to play one because I am very bad lol. I mainly like the 4th, 5th and 6th generations and don't even own a main console (as in non-handheld) from after that although may graduate to an Xbox 360 in a couple of years time to just always be that little bit behind! :ROFLMAO: I never understood the thing of 'playing with strangers online' seeing as I probably spend too much time on the internet as it is and other than that aspect gaming has been relatively mainstream since like the 80s/90s IMO.

But to answer your question the ones I normally play in terms of nostalgia are Crash Bandicoot 3 Warped and Pandemonium (also known as the quite different Magical Hoppers originally), although I also like Power Rangers Time Force for the Game Boy Color, Tekken 4, that Pop Idol PS2 game which was a laugh and my biggest PC one was probably The Sims 3 which is actually a bit newer!

Muroney

1-101722.png

Lost Ark is one of my Favorite games! The combat especially feels very impactful as you steamroll enemies to your heart's content, while realizing it's still a very balanced experience. But! I hate how if I'm forced to take time off the game because of IRL issues I can't play or catch up to my friends until the game decides to let me catch up. I wish I could put in more hours to complete missed content instead of taking a week off and taking 3 weeks or so to catch up(without an event or patch). Makes this game a brutal single-player game for this social gamer. why can't I put in the hours so I can play with my guild again? Maybe I'll consider buying some items to save time... It kind of hurts when you cant play with your friends unless they take extra time to decide to play with you. not the best feeling right now. Sorry for the vent. see you in the solo queue for those abyssal dungeons I guess.

I also have a bonus game and that is pokemon colosseum. I got a old gamecube from my girlfriend and i remember playing the whole game with her and i dont know because of that so have that game stuck with me.

OK, so what is your favorite game and why?
It was a very popular game in its day but the gaming mechanics leave much to be desired, my opinion. There are much more successful games in this genre.

Rocket man

41AJ22FAP7L._AC_.jpg

Nothing comes close to this for me. There have constantly been rumours of a remake for this but it hasn't happened. In my opinion Silent Hill 2 doesn't need to be remade, it's a masterpiece.

alca

After many years of hiatus due to a crappy laptop, I'm finally back on GTA V. I finished it at 100% and now I'm learning about the magic world of GTA Online. :ROFLMAO: I also play CS:GO.

And that's it! lol Since everything became online (buying games through steam and all these platforms) I'm left behind!

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
After many years of hiatus due to a crappy laptop, I'm finally back on GTA V. I finished it at 100% and now I'm learning about the magic world of GTA Online. :ROFLMAO: I also play CS:GO.

And that's it! lol Since everything became online (buying games through steam and all these platforms) I'm left behind!

I wanna get back into it also, but haven't been able to due to the same reason as you. Have you ever seen the GTA RP servers from FiveM? There is a lot of Twitch streamers who play in them like nopixel and New Day. Like proper Roleplaying with strict rules and stuff.

alca

I wanna get back into it also, but haven't been able to due to the same reason as you. Have you ever seen the GTA RP servers from FiveM? There is a lot of Twitch streamers who play in them like nopixel and New Day. Like proper Roleplaying with strict rules and stuff.
I have like 20 unknown words here. :ROFLMAO: I am ancient when it comes to today's gaming world. hahaha

Navn Navnes

Persona 5 (Royal version is the best, but my best experience was the original version, since i started it unspoiled)

Top Bottom