Contact us

Unpopular (ESC) opinions

apasionata

Super Moderator
Staff member
:at: Austria 2017 Nathan Trent - Running On Air and :ch: Switzerland 2022 Marius Bear - Boys Do Cry

These two songs did not deserve 0 points from the public in the final. They should have been at least top 15 with the public vote in the final.
:cz: 2016 "I Stand" didn't deserve it more than these two

HarryUK

Portugal are the most boring ESC country

Serbia, Albania and Moldova are the most exciting ESC countries

Navn Navnes

Portugal are the most boring ESC country

Serbia, Albania and Moldova are the most exciting ESC countries
Portugal being boring might be unpopular, at least with myself, but i have heard many other people have similar views.

Don't know if Serbia and Moldova being the most exciting Eurovision countries is unpopular.

HarryUK

Portugal being boring might be unpopular, at Leas with myself, but i have heard many other people have similar views.

Don't know if Serbia and Moldova being the most exciting Eurovision countries is unpopular.
I’m going by Portugal doing relatively well with songs I’d never vote for as well as Moldova doing extremely well when there’s a lot of hate for their entries being “jokes”

Navn Navnes

I’m going by Portugal doing relatively well with songs I’d never vote for as well as Moldova doing extremely well when there’s a lot of hate for their entries being “jokes”
Fair enough, but Portugal only did very well 2017. And relatively well in 2021, 1996, 2008 and 2022. Most of the time they have done awful.

Last edited:

Ajeje Brazorf

Grande Amore not only is the most overrated entry ever in Eurovision history but it didn't even deserved to win Sanremo in 2015 (Adesso e qui (nostalgico presente) by Malika Ayane and Una finestra tra le stelle by Annalisa were waaaaay better songs). Even if a lot of people praised them, for me it's the most undeserved Sanremo winner of the last 10 years and I don't understand what is so special about that song.

Last edited:

Laepo1

Popular by Eric Saade is one of the worst songs to ever grace the Eurovision stage and for the past eleven years I have truly struggled to see how it placed where it did

Is that an unpopular opinion? I agree witth it 100%. In the last decade the only otther entry to hurt my hears as much as Popular is Friend of a friend

ESC_FAN

Hold me closer was very boring, unoriginal and bland, and shouldn`t have quaified for the final, and definetely not have finished 4th.
I also think that it is overrated, but, in the end, it did deserve to reach the final

Navn Navnes

"Toy" and "Amar pelos dois" are examples of the worst winners
Agree with Toy. Not good at all.

Strongly disagree with Amor pelos dois. Is it that unpopular to dislike Amar pelos dois, seems like a lot of people don't like that masterpiece.

ESC_FAN

Agree with Toy. Not good at all.

Strongly disagree with Amor pelos dois. Is it that unpopular to dislike Amar pelos dois, seems like a lot of people don't like that masterpiece.
That song, as intimate as it is, bores me

Brandt

Ukraine's latest victory is just out of pity and the result of a political movement towards Russia. There is no possible way that the song could have received that amount of overwhelmingly high points from public vote if it wasn't for the conflicts with Russia, and the United Kingdom would have received their first victory in a long long time.

When you think romantically, it is nice that the public cares about such things, but then I feel sad for the representatives who have been pushed one position down because they are there to promote their art and show their skills. They have been crushed down by the politics, especially Sam who has a victor stolen from him. :( He is not my favorite, nor have I voted for him. I just think evenhandedly.

Top Bottom