Contact us

Where will it be hosted?

HarryUK

Veteran
I think London is far too big to stage a successful Eurovision event. It would be a fine tv show but the wider event for fans - and crucially local people - would be swallowed up.

If the UK did host, somewhere like Manchester, Liverpool or Glasgow would be far better because the whole city could join in the party and showcase themselves internationally.
London is big yeah, but so well connected. The underground system from the O2 (for example) has you in Central London in under 20 minutes... It's doable. The opening ceremony could be in Kew Gardens or Hampton Court Palace. That would be stunning.

dixenborg

London is big yeah, but so well connected. The underground system from the O2 (for example) has you in Central London in under 20 minutes... It's doable. The opening ceremony could be in Kew Gardens or Hampton Court Palace. That would be stunning.
I get that but it wouldn’t have an impact on the city itself whereas a smaller city would be able to embrace it fully.

HarryUK

Veteran
I get that but it wouldn’t have an impact on the city itself whereas a smaller city would be able to embrace it fully.
I'm fairly sure millions in revenue isn't something the Mayor of London would turn his nose up at

dixenborg

I'm fairly sure millions in revenue isn't something the Mayor of London would turn his nose up at
But Glasgow, for example could be equally keen for that revenue and be in a position to offer delegates, fans and local people a better experience. Having a (at least) week long festival in a city is a brilliant experience for both locals and visitors. That just wouldn’t be the same in London. Its impact would be minimal.

HarryUK

Veteran
But Glasgow, for example could be equally keen for that revenue and be in a position to offer delegates, fans and local people a better experience. Having a (at least) week long festival in a city is a brilliant experience for both locals and visitors. That just wouldn’t be the same in London. Its impact would be minimal.
Of course, however I do think it's going to be in neither London or Glasgow if we host. The BBC has moved all Eurovision operations to Manchester as of this year, why they'd host it in another city escapes me...

AlekS

Veteran
The :ua: government has formed the organizing committee.

AlekS

Veteran
:ua: Deputy Head of the Office of the President:

In order to provide convenient logistics, and most importantly, safety we are considering different locations.

AlekS

Veteran
:ua: Yesterday there was the first meeting of Ukrainian organizing committee and the EBU team.
The EBU was given safety guarantees and the list of venues.

https://corp.suspilne.media/newsdetails/5088

The Ministry of Internal Affairs and the Ministry of Defense are involved. The ministries answered all the EBU's questions. "We understand that in the current circumstances both we and the EBU face a challenge of organising Eurovision in Ukraine. But we have accepted this challenge and, I am sure, we will surprise everyone".

The committee & local authorities are considering 3 cities to host Eurovision.
Imho, it's Kyiv, Lviv and Odesa. If you talk about logistics, Lviv is the best choice.

Last edited:

dixenborg

Do you have any sense of what the venue plan would be for Lviv? If I’m right there isn’t an indoor arena.

FilipFromSweden

Ukraine has my full support, but them selling this idea that they're the hosts next year is just silly and it's propaganda

FilipFromSweden

The committee & local authorities are considering 3 cities to host Eurovision.
Imho, it's Kyiv, Lviv and Odesa. If you talk about logistics, United Kingdom is the best choice.
Fixed that for you

esc87fan

I'm not crazy about Ukraine hosting ESC next year, safety and security for all involved (fans, press and delegations) should be top priority even if the war has ended by then

I think the United Kingdom should handle the hosting duties, but Ukraine should still be a direct finalist as they are the defending champions

AlekS

Veteran
Ukraine has my full support, but them selling this idea that they're the hosts next year is just silly and it's propaganda
Calling us silly propagandists is everything but full support xrofl

Fixed my shitty attitude.
:cool:

... even if the war has ended by then
Just say "never". I don't recall you saying the same thing against Israel 3 years ago with their ongoing war against Iran, Syria/Russia...

Last edited:

lilka

No
Not the most polite way to express support for a country torn by war, fighting for the safety of the whole of Europe, even of Sweden. Sorry, but even if I was a bit sceptical about Ukraine hosting, reading comments like this one makes me support them more now. However, it would be best to host the contest as far from the border with this barbarian tribe (you know who) as possible, so Lviv only.

FilipFromSweden

Calling us silly propagandists is everything but full support xrofl

:cool:

Just say "never". I don't recall you saying the same thing against Israel 3 years ago with their ongoing war against Iran, Syria/Russia...

It is propaganda! Crimea is taken over and Ukraine can’t attend 2015, but the whole country being at war isn’t reason enough to not host the entire thing? At my workplace I was just involved in arranging homes for Ukrainian refugees, but no, this country is gonna spend millions on ESC 2023...

AlekS

Veteran
It is propaganda! Crimea is taken over and Ukraine can’t attend 2015, but the whole country being at war isn’t reason enough to not host the entire thing? At my workplace I was just involved in arranging homes for Ukrainian refugees, but no, this country is gonna spend millions on ESC 2023...
Nah, just your bias. I remember you were trashing our venue and our hosting in 2017 too.
Who said that the money will be taken from the state budget of... "this country" :rolleyes:?

A warehouse near Lviv was hit by Russian airstrikes. Even that area of Ukraine isn't safe.
Putin can strike any city in Europe. Considering that the UK is our biggest ally, it's not safe in the UK too. Not even NATO will help you if he sends the newest ballistic missile your way. Given the number of cruise missiles left, not sure if he will still have them by the end of the year. Tel Aviv got hit by rockets too, so?

AlekS

Veteran
Oh, and I'm gonna deny the recent rumours. Not any single British venue/city is involved in talks with the BBC or the EBU.
I would stan OVO Hydro. ESC: The Story Of Fire Saga venue hosting Eurovision for real xbow

Top Bottom