'Cause there’s nothing to regret
Well, this is not what I wanted
Guess all the good things come to an end

So baby bye, bye
Wish you the best
But most of alI I wish that I could love you less
Well, maybe you're right
I'll find someone else
You say it isn't me, but when did that ever help?

Hold me closer
Although you'll leave before the sunrise
I'll be bleeding, but don't you mind, I'll be fine
Oh, it kills me
I found the right one at the wrong time
But until the sunrise
Hold tight, hold tight

Maybe it happened too fast
I guess that I understand
You say that you've never felt this way for anyone
And that's why it scares you to death

So baby bye, bye
Know it's for the best
Still I can't see how that would ease the pain in my chest

Hold me closer
I'll be bleeding, but don't you, mind I'll be fine
Oh, it kills me
But until the sunrise
Could you just hold me tight?
I know, I have to let go, but just give me the night

'Cause tomorrow will hurt
Hurt really bad
'Cause I’m about to lose the best I ever had

Hold me closer
I'll be bleeding, but don't you mind, I'll be fine
Oh, it kills me
But until the sunrise
Could you just hold me tight?
I know, I have to let go, but just give me the night (Hold me tight, hold me tight)

Can't you see that you found the right one at the wrong time?
It was just the wrong time
Hold tight, hold tight

Hook2Hook

Personally I don't complained about they don't change the staging, I love it's keep Simple but effective, circle➜the moon in the 1st chorus then she goes to the other side... circle➜the dawn in the 2nd chorus, but Melodifestivalen definitely did better camera works to tell the story, for example 1:41~1:45 camera direction leave away gave us a full shot of Cornelia standing before the dawn with the chorus Hold me closer although you'll leave before the sunrise.

Last edited:

Ianp16

No one can deny that Sweden has helped to re-energise ESC, starting in 2011 with Eric Saade, then Loreen. Since Loreen, ESC, for me, has become a lot more competitive and had more quality entries. It does, however, feel like ESC has had another shift in the last couple of years though, and their entries don't seem sincere enough to clinch a win, or top 3. Don't get me wrong, they are doing extremely well, but not at the level they were 2011-2016.

Preuss

I always loved the song, but I was critical of her vocals as the song progressed. Credit where credit is due, she gave a much better vocal performance in Eurovision than the melfest final one

Realest

FTRWcdlWAAE8ksw

empo21

Veteran
Can you imagine Anders Bagge winning Mello and having to perform his nature drone shot performance in front of the black sun xrollinglol

SVT would've made that sun turn around so fast

musicfan

No one can deny that Sweden has helped to re-energise ESC, starting in 2011 with Eric Saade, then Loreen. Since Loreen, ESC, for me, has become a lot more competitive and had more quality entries. It does, however, feel like ESC has had another shift in the last couple of years though, and their entries don't seem sincere enough to clinch a win, or top 3. Don't get me wrong, they are doing extremely well, but not at the level they were 2011-2016.
I'll deny it, certainly with Melodifestivalen. I feel it's as overrated as Sanremo.

There's probably an argument that the Azerbaijan broadcaster made a big effort and helped lift standards.

Ezio

Veteran
There's also an argument that Norway helped re-energize the contest, when they entered the Top 5 as first Western country ever in the era of Eastern Block voting and then went on winning, and then Germany won while Sweden still stumbled.

lilka

Greek jury is really the worst in Europe
Nooo, it isn't! :D

With regard to Sweden, I still don't understand what is so special about this song that makes it any different from other ballads. It's not like :ee: 2015. It sounds like other ballads in 2022. And I am not even mentioning Poland (although I think we should have had a higher result), but songs that stand out this year are for example Norway, Finland, Ukraine, France (the last two not being on my immediate favourite list).

Top Bottom