Contact us

EUROVISION 2022 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

mitch67

not to forget: Norway `s jury apointing Greece 12 points because the singer lives in Norway..

there sure is no easy solution on this topic. but imo the juries did not give the competition a fairer and less biased voting.

And I still repeat my question: which is the qualification proffesional juries must meet? in how far can a small country like San Marino guarantee this

MopManMoss

Veteran
not to forget: Norway `s jury apointing Greece 12 points because the singer lives in Norway..
And you base this on what exactly? Greece came sixth with the juries you dont have to resort to conspiracy theories

Greece's 2021 representative was born in the Netherlands and had actually represented the country in junior eurovision before and received nothing from the dutch jury

Zeus

Speaking about juries.. Belgium gave 12 to San Marino in SF2. I guess they are all rich now.

AlekS

Veteran
Romania snitched on blamed Australia, Belgium, Israel, Sweden in exchanging votes.
EuroMafia series continues, only on Mess-flix xpopcorn

Edit: Now Israel too.

Not sure about that. Australia and Sweden slayed the jury votes, so it's easy to blame them.

Last edited:

MopManMoss

Veteran
well to me it was obvious..do I say it is a conspiracy ? No, but to me it was interesting.
Like the time when Bulgaria gave 12 points to germany because one of the group members was Bulgarian..
and yes, this might not always be the case.. but still obvious..
Armenia gave Estonia 12 in the televote because Stefan is Armenian should that have been thrown out? No of course not that would be ridiculous

HarryUK

I'm genuinely curious to know why these broadcasters think they will be believed over the EBU and an >independent< voting body

It's laughable

MopManMoss

Veteran
I wouldn't believe the EBU neither.
"We are not able to establish connection with them" ... xrofl
You seriously wanted Martin to look directly at the camera and tell nearly 200 million people that juries had been cheating in semi 2 and now they have to use algorithmic produced results? No it is much better to pretend for their to be technical issues and clarify with statements outside of the show

AlekS

Veteran
I suppose that's better and more professional than "they attempted to cheat and we caught them" being aired to 180m people
Not better and not professional. Actually, I would prefered even truth to that. Doesn't matter if it hurts the reputation (at this day and age any scandal will be blown out of proportion & published all over the world, doesn't matter when & what he said).

You seriously wanted Martin to look directly at the camera and tell nearly 200 million people that juries had been cheating in semi 2 .....
I seriously wanted them to say a lame "we're having technical difficulties" excuse (which was true btw, until it was proven it's not a glitch, esp after unsuccessful attacks by hackers on jury votes in the 1st semi).

Last edited:

mitch67

@AlekS

the truth came out anyway..

and people who always nag about the EU and how rigged it is will see how their poin tis valid.

as I said before: when the EBU noticed irregularities they just should have replaced the juries with other people and let them vote

Loindici

Veteran
Not better and not professional. Actually, I would prefered even truth to that. Doesn't matter if it hurts the reputation (at this day and age any scandal will be blown out of proportion & published all over the world, doesn't matter when & what he said).

And now TVR is threatening to withdraw.

You guys wanna discuss this?

12Pointsgoto.....

Who else finds greece's Jury votes in semi 1 really weird. 12 to Albania, while every other jury gave 0 points, 10 to bulgaria, while only Albania gave Bulgaria 1 points, 7 to Moldova, even though the jury did not like the song so on and on. It was just so out of touch with the rest of the juries.

mitch67

I think this entire "the juries assure a certain musical and artistic quality" arguments for reintrosucing the juries was proven wrong on a very high level this year.
Whilst one could have one s doubts the years before, it is so obvios, especailly after 6 countries were caught cheating.

This eSC screams for radical reforms to keep it relevant and to not furthermore prove its critics right..

It will not be an easy way though.

Top Bottom