Një, dy, tre, ta marrsha
Ta marrsha, ta marrsha
Ta marrsha, ta marrsha

Ma kadalë, ma kadalë, ej
Ma kadalë, ma kadalë, ej​

Last edited by a moderator:

HarryUK

Veteran
It breaks my heart to read on Instagram that Ronela can't even bring herself to watch her performance back. She deserved the final, other contestants are also commenting in agreement which is amazing to see too. We need to reject ballad-heavy Eurovision finals & embrace the culture of a country when they bring it to the table

Milos-BC

This is kind of a prime example how to self-destruct, I guess.

Nothing should have been changed, it was good as it is on the national final. But this performance was just.......too much to bear (to say the least).

In the end, a deserved elimination.

Iker

Veteran
i will have my revenge next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #she #is #coming

well the crack apparently didn't affect Isaiah get SECOND place with the juries in the first semi of esc 2017, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the same case nowadays with Marius :lol:

that assuming he got in thanks to the juries. watch him get like 5th with both 🤡
Isaiah's vocal cracked during his SF live performance, the juries watch a separate show one day before where I think his voice did not crack. But he should have not qualified based on a highly unoriginal song and imho lame one.

Iker

Veteran
I don't think vocals were the reason she flopped (especially when the :ch: voice crack qualified 🤡), it was most likely the staging choices. She took a risk by not going the safe black-and-red Albanian stage, and sometimes risks pay off, sometimes they don't.

She will reap the rewards post-esc; she is an authentic, bold, and passionate performer with a loyal (and now bigger) fanbase. That being said, I hope she is going to therapy because the way she was coping with criticism was not healthy. :(
Marius had maybe one or two bum notes otherwise maintaining a very desirable vocal quality meanwhile Ronela Hajati was shaky and pitchy throughout most of it (unlike at FiK). The part put in a recap was particularly NOPE. Clothes for me were bad too. Add in that choreography coupled with the revamped version that is like mostly gibberish and you have a hot mess.

burrito

do not agree

too messy no, I would call it energetic xheat

too vulgar no, I would call it sexy xheat

we live in 2022 people, why are people so afraid of sex??????

sexy was what Eleni did back in 2018, simulating intercourse onstage is simply cringe

no one's afraid of sex, i just don't like it shoved into my face when it's not needed and i came for the music first and foremost, and i can't be the only one thinking that since she stayed in semi despite song being decent lol

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Marius had maybe one or two bum notes otherwise maintaining a very desirable vocal quality meanwhile Ronela Hajati was shaky and pitchy throughout most of it (unlike at FiK). The part put in a recap was particularly NOPE. Clothes for me were bad too. Add in that choreography coupled with the revamped version that is like mostly gibberish and you have a hot mess.
Oh that recap choice was definitely : 🤡

I still don't see where you guys see desirable vocal quality in his performance and I still think there were NQs (Bulgaria, Denmark, Croatia) with better vocals than him, so my main point of "the reason she nqed was more likely the staging instead of the vocals" stands

HayashiM

Veteran
I still don't see where you guys see desirable vocal quality in his performance

Everywhere :D

There is one or two moments where he seems a little out of breath in the live performance, but he is pretty much pitch perfect, certainly in the top 10 of all contestants when considering this aspect. I also find his timbre very rich and interesting, there's a soothing vibe of a composed battle-hardened guy that fits the song perfectly. I just believe him (unlike many other ballad singers ;) ).

But of course, we all have our own ideas of "desirable"... :)

Zerocalcare

I wonder why some make Ronela pass as a victim; in a competition there are those who win and there are those who lose. Is she more special than the others? And I wonder why some make Ronela the victim of a conspiracy carried out by the evil "Brotherhood of Ballads". Ronela didn't qualify not for the lack of quality of her song but for poor staging and for her voice which was not at its peak during the performance. If she had respected the choices of the Albanian NF surely she would have qualified.

midnightsun

Veteran
I don’t get why people think she is robbed. Let’s be real. Who was likely to vote for her?
It wasn’t a song for the usual Eurovision audience, not even the younger ones. Don’t you think she came across as offensive? Especially her outfit… No-Go! Those sexualized moves… No-Go, because they were performed in a very primitive way.
I don’t mind sexy women shaking their booties when it’s part to underline the rhythm, like they did in the 2000s. Elena Tsagrinou was great, Hurricane… awesome performance (they had family-friendly suits on). Chanel is borderline for me.
Now think of all the women in the audience, the kids, teens, grandparents… would they call for Albania? No!
Juries… how should they rate her? Vocals? Shaky. Plus the verse is deep mumbling, not singing. Dance? Clumsy, not elegant. Innovativeness? We‘ve had this kind of ethnic bops various times.
Sorry but in which world should this get many points, realistically spoken?
This was a typical Eurovision fan bubble bop. I can’t see other people voting for it outside the die hard fan bubble!

Last edited:

joao

Super Moderator
Staff member
sexy was what Eleni did back in 2018, simulating intercourse onstage is simply cringe

no one's afraid of sex, i just don't like it shoved into my face when it's not needed and i came for the music first and foremost, and i can't be the only one thinking that since she stayed in semi despite song being decent lol
Touche! One thing is to be sexy. Another thing is to be sexual. Two very distinct things.

Eleni was sexy without being sexual.
Albania was sexual without being sexy.

nudiecrudi

Albania had been my nr 1 in all the polls organized by Escunited.
But I've to be honest, she didn't deserve to qualify. The whole package was a big NO. it was too much.too forced, too unnatural.
The choreography, the outfit were completely trash. No comparison between that horrible outfit and the one from NF or at least the one from the clip.
There was an idea of being a warrior or a princess fighting for her love but in Turin there wasn't any idea or inspiration. I fear she is too much full of herself and after touring in the pre esc parties and being heiled by mostly gay fans she thought to put a show full of trashy cliche elements.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Everywhere :D

There is one or two moments where he seems a little out of breath in the live performance, but he is pretty much pitch perfect, certainly in the top 10 of all contestants when considering this aspect. I also find his timbre very rich and interesting, there's a soothing vibe of a composed battle-hardened guy that fits the song perfectly. I just believe him (unlike many other ballad singers ;) ).

But of course, we all have our own ideas of "desirable"... :)
Austria and Albania aside, this semi had nearly no issues on vocals, so "two moments" would make him fall a lot in the ranking of best vocals. Timbre-wise it's a case of to each their own because while you enjoy it, i find it the most unbearable kind of voice to ever exist. I don't have enough words to express how much I hate it. Anyway, that's something totally subjective. There's nothing much we can do about it

dogmeat

It's 2022 why can't we still normalize sex?

I'm looking forward to the time Gen-Z becomes the majority in the society and we stop talking about this non-sense.
No, it was not the issue. The issue was that Albania's staging was a tacky mess.
Nobody was complaining, for example, about Cyprus last year with her skimpy outfit and erotic moves. That's because sexuality there was done tastefully, by a performer with sex appeal to support it. I enjoy rewatching that performance, while watching Albania's mess made me cringe. I felt embarrassed that this is the first thing casual viewers see when tuning in to this year's ESC.

She only needed to repeat the NF staging to qualify. She lacked someone blunt around her, who would tell her early enough "girl, you can't pull this off. scratch it and start over".

Also, I think sound mixing is often poor at ESC, with some instrumental tracks volume being way too low. The smoke effect was louder than the folk instruments.

Last edited:

Uto

Veteran
Also, I think sound mixing is often poor at ESC, with some instrumental tracks volume being way too low. The smoke effect was louder than the folk instruments.
Facts, it's really bad this year. Especially the songs that rely a bit more on bass are getting shafted this year. It's consistently bad.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I've rewatched the performance a few times now and with each experience I enjoy Ronela's passion and energy on stage, but it's very clear where this went wrong. The staging and styling decisions are honestly baffling. All that was needed here was to decide on a cool theme that fits (there would have been plenty) and the entry would have reached the final. Like imagine if she'd brought her iconic rack of wigs look from the music video. Might have lessened her movement on the stage but it would have been a sight to behold and very memorable. Instead we got Ronela being fierce whilst dressed in cute nightwear, with that soft pink and blue lighting. It felt like a total mismatch and the messier routine plus those loud farting pink pyros added a feeling of unorganised chaos.

I think the song deserved to reach the final and I wanted Albania to advance. Ronela has more passion for performing than probably half the acts this year combined. We saw Ronela's talent but her full potential wasn't reached sadly. It's such a shame. I hope she tries again one year. I think this lady was one of the most likeable personalities taking part at this contest just because of how into the whole experience she was. She's the kind of person I'd like to have as a friend. In a way her miss has made me feel more sad than I felt for most of the entries I liked more that also suffered the same fate.

Grinch

Hey, I will never regret
You will be my sekret

It supposed be a brave queen fighting for her true love concept but suddenly they started having intercourse on stage like girl it's no sekret anymore 😩

Top Bottom