Contact us

Live EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2022 FINAL DISCUSSION

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Please use this thread to discuss rehearsals in general and also to follow along with all of the live shows in Turin.

Matt, Melanie and Roy from the ESC United team will be LIVE in Turin over the coming days, with yours truly joining them on the ground in the coming days.

Make sure to join Matt for the round up of Eurovision 2022 rehearsals from 10:00 CET, LIVE on Youtube. Links to all live streams are below;

DAY 1

DAY 2

DAY 3

DAY 4

DAY 5

DAY 6

DAY 7

For individual countries' reactions and interviews, please check out the specific country thread.

Make sure to also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch and our new TikTok account for all of the latest behind the scenes and reaction from Turin!

>>> Click HERE for the Eurovision 2022 rehearsal schedule <<<

Last edited:

harey

I use it for other stuff, but such posts are constantly suggested to me because i follow some Eurovision stuff and a few forum friends here are on twitter. Its not just Twitter either, Ive seen it in comment sections of Facebook and even on reddit. So simply deleting twitter isn't the thing, besides it doesn't actually do anything to challenge the toxic attitudes. Its crazy some weeks ago the EBU posted about being kind and respectful and then there is this.
I use chronological twitter to avoid all the recommended tweets so I only see people I follow, it is really great.

Realest

Moldova first with a juryranking, really?

Come on, these juries man.. They are becoming more friendly towards neighbour countries than the televoters, what's the point so far.

As I said earlier, get rid of all these juries, just go with an expert panel from like 100 people. Get real musicians in it. Siccesful orchestra people, I don't care. Some classy ex-participants like Gjons Tears, Anouk, Sam Ryder, Tamara Todevska.. Keep all these names a secret and try to get good names. No local radio-dj's from Georgia or Moldova who can use a bit of extra money anymore.

And make it count like only 25-33% or something.

Its not unfair to give 12 Points to a 2nd Placer tbh.

HarryUK

The way I think about it, the independent voting body must have very good reasons to have suspended the jury voting of 6 countries. It actually made a nice change not seeing Moldova and Romania award each other 12 points! They're not the only 2 to do it, I mean look at Cyprus and Greece.

It's fishy in itself that Azerbaijan qualified despite 0 televotes...

ESC_12 points

How can you not be happy if the result benefits you?:ROFLMAO:
I am actually very happy. I just like to think beyond e.g out of box. I voted for Ukraine and they won. And I am even more pleased for the UK, if we get the host right as the winner of the jury and second in the televoting, the other countries will not object the right of the UK to be the host. London will be a great place for that 😍 of course all with the permission of Ukraine. Again, I am happy that they won

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
EBU changing votes like that, using a random aggregator and basically influencing the overall results, left a bitter taste in my mouth after this edition. Luckily it didn't change the winner and I'm not one for conspiracies but it's very telling that the 'irregular voting patterns' were found in Eastern European countries and tiny San Marino, while other countries could neighbor-vote just fine. Our jury ranking Moldova high with a song about Chisinau-Bucharest is not a shocker lol. This system needs a revamp.

Lugano

The way I think about it, the independent voting body must have very good reasons to have suspended the jury voting of 6 countries. It actually made a nice change not seeing Moldova and Romania award each other 12 points! They're not the only 2 to do it, I mean look at Cyprus and Greece.

It's fishy in itself that Azerbaijan qualified despite 0 televotes...
Not really, there have been many entries that saw a big division between jury and televoting. Objectively speaking the vocal performance from Nadir was great so it stands to reason that a jury could reward that. At the same time the song was very boring so it's not a surprise to see him without a single televote. Switzerland was almost in the same spot this year for exactly the same reasons.

That does not mean that Azerbaijan didn't try to cheat again but the current results, as given, aren't suspect simply because of the jury/televoting disparage.

titityy

I think one reason songs like this year's Australia and Azerbaijan get a low televote score is that voters know these songs will get a massive jury vote regardless. So they will save the televotes for entries that need them more to balance with the jury vote.

Lugano

I think one reason songs like this year's Australia and Azerbaijan get a low televote score is that voters know these songs will get a massive jury vote regardless. So they will save the televotes for entries that need them more to balance with the jury vote.

So? They don't vote for their favorite because they think it will get too many points?

Does not make sense, at all.

midnightsun

Veteran
I‘m surprised that nobody talked about the leaked Semi-Final 1 Results.

Now that we have the official numbers we know that the leak was supposedly a fake, BUT -

- almost a too good fake to not be true!

The numbers are VERY similar to the actual outcome. All tendencies (more jury or more televotes) were precisely correct. And there were some countries in there you could not know before if either juries or public liked them more. Some fake points are only a few points different from the actual result. All 10 qualifiers were correct. So tell me, how probable is all this? If you ask me - not much.

Now I‘m wondering if the leaked results were indeed not fake but they "tweaked" them after the final to disguise the leak.
I would not be surprised any longer after what happend now with the irregularities…

ESC_FAN

EBU changing votes like that, using a random aggregator and basically influencing the overall results, left a bitter taste in my mouth after this edition. Luckily it didn't change the winner and I'm not one for conspiracies but it's very telling that the 'irregular voting patterns' were found in Eastern European countries and tiny San Marino, while other countries could neighbor-vote just fine. Our jury ranking Moldova high with a song about Chisinau-Bucharest is not a shocker lol. This system needs a revamp.
Does not need a renewal, let Martin Osterdahl go

Bobjan FR

I‘m surprised that nobody talked about the leaked Semi-Final 1 Results.

Now that we have the official numbers we know that the leak was supposedly a fake, BUT -

- almost a too good fake to not be true!

The numbers are VERY similar to the actual outcome. All tendencies (more jury or more televotes) were precisely correct. And there were some countries in there you could not know before if either juries or public liked them more. Some fake points are only a few points different from the actual result. All 10 qualifiers were correct. So tell me, how probable is all this? If you ask me - not much.

Now I‘m wondering if the leaked results were indeed not fake but they "tweaked" them after the final to disguise the leak.
I would not be surprised any longer after what happend now with the irregularities…

Are you talking about this leak ? If yes, look again and compare with the results, you will see that the numbers are absolutely not similar on tons of things. Nobody talks about the leak now because we all saw it was a fake.

Top Bottom