Stin ankaliá mou, páme mazí pio péra
Sta óneirá mou, valé fterá kai péta
You can be my only one
Na-na-na-na-ni-aman

Ela, ela, ela
Ela, ela, ela​

lilka

She is. Listen to Mikroutsikos:
The title speaks for itself, "killing ears" is quite explicit (he says this at the end).

I just can't fully enjoy :pl: and :gr: in the final. :cry:

Nicholas123

Mikrousikos is a has-been broke ex tv host who's working at Katerina Kanourgiou's trash morning show in order to make a living and his "mission" there is pretty clear : to bash everything and everyone. He also said that the Greek staging was cheap and some other "nice" things. :lol:

lilka

Mikrousikos is a has-been broke ex tv host who's working at Katerina Kanourgiou's trash morning show in order to make a living and his "mission" there is pretty clear : to bash everything and everyone. He also said that the Greek stage presence was cheap and some other "nice" things. :lol:
Yes, I know, but he said what he said and it was awful. A lot of people probably heard that.

Nicholas123

Yes, I know, but he said what he said and it was awful. A lot of people probably heard that.

Τhey won't take him that seriously. Besides, when someone is being rude, it says more about their own personality.

Btw, he also claimed that a woman being in those difficult days of the month is more likely to not hit the notes rightly? :lol: That's sth i didn't know, tbh.

lilka

Τhey won't take him that seriously. Besides, when someone is being rude, it says more about their own personality.

Btw, he also claimed that a woman being in those difficult days of the month is more likely to not hit the notes rightly? :lol: That's sth i didn't know, tbh.
Yeah, being a woman, that was another thing I couldn't believe. I was listening to that and wondering if I actually can speak/understand Greek that much, if I'm hearing nonsense. :lol:

Milos-BC

Really sad for her, I loved the song from the beginning :( It didn't work that good live but I was still hoping she will make it.

In any case, I am sure :cy: will come back stronger next year.

VikingTiger

I feel sorry for Cyprus, yes her vocals (in particular in the verses) were weak and it shows she's more a studio version product than live singer (she also lack the charisma that for instance Eleni has that could make up for weaker vocals), but still this is one of the best songs this year and especially in the dreadful semi 2 it's a crime when so much weaker songs made it through. In the end of the day it is a song contest afterall and it's tiring with especially the juries treating it as a singing competition only. Like I always say, singing is important, but as long as they will vote through forgettable dated generic ballads only due to vocals, it's really makes no sense either, there needs to be a balance here and the songs should still be in the centre otherwise what is really the point here?

This is still one of my favourite songs from this year. BUT, the live performance IS important. And it should be. She did certainly not deliver from the stage. Believe me, I was sad watching and hearing her performance. But if I didnt know the song in advance I would never have voted for this. To be honest I wouldn't have voted for this live version even if it was my favourite before the show. If only the song is to count then I could even go and sing there myself.

I am very happy that Malta was eliminated as well. A generic song - an in addition very weak vocals. That would have been a typical jury favourite (you see I do agree that juries tend to go for the more generic stuff).

Bobjan FR

I would have been surprised by her elimination if i didn't checked the odds and see that her rate was divided by two in one hour....

I loved the staging, i like the song, and yeah as some said, sometimes she was a bit off key.... but sometimes. I didn't even realised when watching on my TV.

NeoTen

This was way too sexy. How many boyfriends and husbands got in trouble Thursday. One of my top 10 songs though.
I would have been surprised by her elimination if i didn't checked the odds and see that her rate was divided by two in one hour....

I loved the staging, i like the song, and yeah as some said, sometimes she was a bit off key.... but sometimes. I didn't even realised when watching on my TV.

I had earbuds. And damn. She was standing still. They even held her mic at some point. Smh.

soulm8

Really nice song, but the live performance were underwhelming, especially her lack of energy. For this kind of song it was just bad. The song deserved the final though, It’s on a repeat at the Bulgarian Music TVs just like all Cyprus ESC songs lately lol.

grazy2266

Really nice song, but the live performance were underwhelming, especially her lack of energy. For this kind of song it was just bad. The song deserved the final though, It’s on a repeat at the Bulgarian Music TVs just like all Cyprus ESC songs lately lol.
As soon as I saw Belgium go through, i new Cyprus and Ireland were in trouble.

spinachpie

Konstrakta said this sounded similar to this song by Lepa Brena and she's not wrong. Very similar vibes and it is so beautiful!

P.S. Serbia gave 10 televotes to Cyprus in the semi.

CypriotGirl

Veteran
There are a million reasons that :cy: failed this year, despite the song being cute, catchy, and with good potential. The biggest reason IMO, it was that Andromache is not a performer. She's a singer of traditional-influenced songs that don't require being a good dancer, because they are more "serious" type of songs, if you know what I mean. If this song was performed by a pure pop singer, the result on stage would've been much different. The live performance was not good at all, both the staging and her singing. But all these don't justify the dead last place in the jury voting. There were far worse pefrormances and songs. With just a little bit more support from the jury, the song would have reached the final. Not that it would have done well in the final, if it was in the final it would have been somewhere in 20th position. And I agree, it's time for Cyprus to try something way different. Cypriots say it, but CyBC doesn't listen to anyone. They prefer to give all authority to Panik Records to choose whoever they want, to have 9 composers for a song that lasts only 3 minutes, and every year the result is worse than the previous year.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I've always wanted to see Andromache perform on a Eurovision stage and what I've got was the most lukewarm performance ever. I get that she's not a bop performer like Eleni or Elena Tsagrinou and she leans more on slow folky songs, but that staging was so wrong I couldn't believe the self-sabotage...

musicfan

Konstrakta said this sounded similar to this song by Lepa Brena and she's not wrong. Very similar vibes and it is so beautiful!

P.S. Serbia gave 10 televotes to Cyprus in the semi.
Probably a similar folk style rhythm behind it, however that song is a lot stiffer and because of that lacks any of the graceful energy that Ela has.

Inevitably you'll get the usual hand wringing over placings after Eurovision is over. But the reality is plenty liked Ela, it was a song easy to like for many. Placings aren't everything, I'm glad I heard it.

Top Bottom