Stin ankaliá mou, zíse álli mia méra
Stin ankaliá mou, páme mazí pio péra
Sta óneirá mou, valé fterá kai péta
You can be my only one
Na-na-na-na-ni-aman

Ela, ela, ela
Ela, ela, ela​

ArmpitOfEurope

That austrian director killed her chances. The performance was so static and the same from start to end, as a result all the song looked and sounded flat
He just brings a giant prop on stage for everyone

lilka

What? Greek is one of the most musical languages on earth, worked so well in 2010, 2011 and 2013 but the packages were good, only the language is not enough.
This!
Greek language not working? An absolute nonsense.

ag89

Her singing was off, the song was cute, but I think it's time for Cyprus to move forward and close the book called "pretty hot girl singing a pop or ethno-pop song" and bring something new.

spinachpie

Her singing was off, the song was cute, but I think it's time for Cyprus to move forward and close the book called "pretty hot girl singing a pop or ethno-pop song" and bring something new.
They did in 2020, but this was not similar to El Diablo or Replay at all. And Fuego - the only similarities are the ethnic sound, which can be added to any song type from that region.

Not similar at all imo.

ag89

They did in 2020, but this was not similar to El Diablo or Replay at all. And Fuego - the only similarities are the ethnic sound, which can be added to any song type from that region.

Not similar at all imo.
I am talking about the concept they have been sending since 2018. It's not similar: it's the same, that's my point.

theditz83

Veteran
Lord, the verses in the live performance were horribly flat. I think only the first couple of lines were passable and the rest just drifted flatter and flatter each passing bar until the chorus and playback vocals came in and snapped her back into key.

Such a shame. It just didn't translate well to the stage at all, and I think she was probably too nervous. The fact Scott Mills felt the need to point out she was kicked out of a talent show in the 2nd week didn't really set a positive tone for the UK viewers either, but I still love the studio version xup

Nicholas123

The major problem was the song. There, i said it. Pretty, but not a stand out. Secondly, Andromache looked so bored and unintrested (borderline sad, i'd dare to say) throughout the whole stage of the competition. Are we sure she wanted to be in Turin? Cause i honestly doubt it. :/

spinachpie

The major problem was the song. There, i said it. Pretty, but not a stand out. Secondly, Andromache looked so bored and unintrested (borderline sad, i'd dare to say) throughout the whole stage of the competition. Are we sure she wanted to be in Turin? Cause i honestly doubt it. :/
Some of her movements as well looked so... Mechanical. The song was flowing and she needed to be relaxed. She looked both bored and nervous.

A-lister

Veteran
I feel sorry for Cyprus, yes her vocals (in particular in the verses) were weak and it shows she's more a studio version product than live singer (she also lack the charisma that for instance Eleni has that could make up for weaker vocals), but still this is one of the best songs this year and especially in the dreadful semi 2 it's a crime when so much weaker songs made it through. In the end of the day it is a song contest afterall and it's tiring with especially the juries treating it as a singing competition only. Like I always say, singing is important, but as long as they will vote through forgettable dated generic ballads only due to vocals, it's really makes no sense either, there needs to be a balance here and the songs should still be in the centre otherwise what is really the point here?

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
It's such a shame that this was the fate for the song with the prettiest staging of the year. It became obvious though after that performance. She was out of tune for the entirety of both the verses and it was only when the backing vocals arrived during the chorus we had brief respite. I can be very forgiving when it comes to off vocals but when your song is so soft and seemingly not as vocally demanding as most of the others + stick on the fact she gave off a disinterested energy throughout.. well, this wasn't going to end well. As @Nicholas123 mentioned, the song itself was also a problem. It's hard to hate Ela as it's pleasant and inoffensive, but it's also extremely middling. Such a song needed a solid performance to stand a chance.

lilka

Oh my God, she's being butchered by some people in the Greek media. Soo sad. :(

Top Bottom