Contact us

Live EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2022 FINAL DISCUSSION

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Please use this thread to discuss rehearsals in general and also to follow along with all of the live shows in Turin.

Matt, Melanie and Roy from the ESC United team will be LIVE in Turin over the coming days, with yours truly joining them on the ground in the coming days.

Make sure to join Matt for the round up of Eurovision 2022 rehearsals from 10:00 CET, LIVE on Youtube. Links to all live streams are below;

DAY 1

DAY 2

DAY 3

DAY 4

DAY 5

DAY 6

DAY 7

For individual countries' reactions and interviews, please check out the specific country thread.

Make sure to also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch and our new TikTok account for all of the latest behind the scenes and reaction from Turin!

>>> Click HERE for the Eurovision 2022 rehearsal schedule <<<

Last edited:

heke1988

Each to their own, I just don’t vibe with those 3 entries. With Finland, I normally loooove rock at Eurovision but it feels like such an anti climax when you compare to Blind Channel

On that I agreed. Although Blind Channel band member's are much younger, as The Rasmus band members', so they have lot more energy left.

aef

You can clearly see some bias in the running order. There is no argument why they put :nl: as 11th and :pt: as 3rd. They other way round would make more sense. :pt: has got a magical staging and way more appeal while :nl: has one of the most boring stagings of this year.

I‘m very pissed about :cz: being put in 1st spot. But they can still do well hopefully. I’m happy about :ee: closing the show, this will hopefully help Stefan a lot.

Zeus

I wish we get to see the full results from the televotes instead of the juries.

I mean, I'm pro-juries in the sense that I think they do add something to the result, but I would rather watch what all the people from a whole country voted for than just a random jury with 5 people in it.

Artists also have really something to be happy about when they were the most popular entry in a country. Now with the juries, it's just oh okay thank you 3 mediocre artists and 2 radio dj's from Finland.

midnightsun

Veteran
Thoughts on the running order:

- :cz: & :ro: back to back is a good choice. It keeps the people interested and sets an overall party mood. Why would you want to cool down right after you danced to the Czech Republic? If you are in a club they also play the same kind of music consecutively. And with all the slow songs in the final they will be thankful later for being able to start so early when people are awake!

- :pt: after is a very nice downer. People exhausted from dancing going to the bar to take a drink. Portugal and Romania back to back reminds me of vacation in South Europe, first dancing in the clubs, then watching the sun go down with a cocktail. Nice transition, plus it helps Romania to generate votes because Portuguese people will understand the title.

- :fi: is a bit too early for my taste. It’s the only real rock song we have and it should be as late as possible to keep the rock fans watching. Especially when there are enough different genres in this half to keep the audience interested.

- :fr: - :no: one of the few song combos I am really worried of. Both very unique unusual dance songs. It would have been better to separate them. Could harm either of them. Maybe it was intended to ensure Ukraine gets as many votes as possible and the other favourites steal votes from another. This is absolutely not meant in a negative way but all the favourites are performing back to back. Only Ukraine is in between two very simple songs. Germany has been in the lower odds all the time and I‘m thinking The Netherlands might not have done so well in the televote.

- Same goes for :it: :es:: two favourites after another

- the block of :md: :se: :au: :uk: :pl: and :rs: is insane too! Imho these were all top 3 favourites, either jury (AU, PL, SE) or televote (MD, RS, UK - the latter only estimated since it’s high in the odds). They made sure one or two of them are negatively affected. The jury and televote favourite take turns performing, so it’s quite balanced I‘d say. However, not all of them will do great, someone has to lose points there.

- :ee: closing is brillant! I‘m so so happy for Stefan! He is so lovely and so engaged in Eurovision, he has such an uplifting song with a great message, plus I think he was in the lower top 10 yesterday, so safe to let him close. Great choice!

GermanBango

Overall I enjoyed the second Semi more than the first one but oh boy, the interval acts are random af and the stage still looks ugly. I laughed so hard when they were jokingly saying something like "Oh we Italians make stuff work somehow even though we have no idea what we are doing" ... because sadly that`s exactly the feeling that I`m getting from this year`s contest. So yeah, let`s see what the final brings.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I wish we get to see the full results from the televotes instead of the juries.

I mean, I'm pro-juries in the sense that I think they do add something to the result, but I would rather watch what all the people from a whole country voted for than just a random jury with 5 people in it.

Artists also have really something to be happy about when they were the most popular entry in a country. Now with the juries, it's just oh okay thank you 3 mediocre artists and 2 radio dj's from Finland.
Couldn't agree more. I know it is delivered that way to give more time for televote to be counted and presented, but it is less relevant for artists. Who cares about what random 5 people from a country thought about your song (number of juries should definitely be increased by the way), how a whole population perceived it should be the highlight of the show.

theditz83

Veteran
Just a random question that struck me last night - they mentioned they'd use the black rainbow of death in interval acts/opening acts only due to the challenges with moving it. Was that also cancelled, since I haven't noticed any major interaction or change in that part of the stage in terms of movement or switching to the LED side. Obviously, the lights have been changed for different acts to try and differentiate everything, but yeah it just seems odd that still nothing is happening with it.

GermanBango

Just a random question that struck me last night - they mentioned they'd use the black rainbow of death in interval acts/opening acts only due to the challenges with moving it. Was that also cancelled, since I haven't noticed any major interaction or change in that part of the stage in terms of movement or switching to the LED side. Obviously, the lights have been changed for different acts to try and differentiate everything, but yeah it just seems odd that still nothing is happening with it.
One of the arches was like moving during the interval act, me thinks. Our commentator even threw light shade because of that haha.

martin

Couldn't agree more. I know it is delivered that way to give more time for televote to be counted and presented, but it is less relevant for artists. Who cares about what random 5 people from a country thought about your song (number of juries should definitely be increased by the way), how a whole population perceived it should be the highlight of the show.
Agree, but maybe their take the jury result first because of time. It take maybe too long time to find out the televoting result and then their start with the jury

soulm8

Last edited:

Uto

Veteran
Agree, but maybe their take the jury result first because of time. It take maybe too long time to find out the televoting result and then their start with the jury
Not sure, but I do know one thing which is that time constraints are the issue here. They have to start with the jury to allow all the votes to come in.

midnightsun

Veteran
I don’t think they need a lot of times to count the votes. It comes from times when they didn’t have a full speed working IT system. I think once the lines are closed they have the results pretty much immediately as they are collected centrally.

Top Bottom