Contact us

Live EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2022 FINAL DISCUSSION

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Please use this thread to discuss rehearsals in general and also to follow along with all of the live shows in Turin.

Matt, Melanie and Roy from the ESC United team will be LIVE in Turin over the coming days, with yours truly joining them on the ground in the coming days.

Make sure to join Matt for the round up of Eurovision 2022 rehearsals from 10:00 CET, LIVE on Youtube. Links to all live streams are below;

DAY 1

DAY 2

DAY 3

DAY 4

DAY 5

DAY 6

DAY 7

For individual countries' reactions and interviews, please check out the specific country thread.

Make sure to also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch and our new TikTok account for all of the latest behind the scenes and reaction from Turin!

>>> Click HERE for the Eurovision 2022 rehearsal schedule <<<

Last edited:

Mainshow

Veteran
I was right about the opener and closing act - wow! This has never happened to me before.

:am: would have made more sense, imo, though :D

theditz83

Veteran
Sorry, Czech Republic first followed by... Romania in the death slot??? So they were clearly the borderline qualifier then. Definitely doesn't make sense to me, but there we go.

My favourite of the final opening the show!

And lord above - :au: :uk: and :pl: - it's the battle of the big boy belters 😳

midnightsun

Veteran
11-14 back to back with nearly no staging (props)…interesting. This is gonna be like an intimate concert.

They‘ve been putting songs to pairs, they already did that last year and the year before I think, countries who are both similar or have similar voting patterns.

Happy to see Stefan closing the show! What a great honour for him!

I think they also put almost all the favourites at the end of their half.

Ajeje Brazorf

Sorry, but my running order was actually better... Sweden, Australia, Uk and Poland one after the other don't make sense. At all. 😅😅😅 Oh well, at least I get Estonia as a closer...

Zeus

My thoughts:

- Czech Republic isn't really a dark horse, just got a good televote score in the semi and qualified as 4-7th
- Portugal already as 3rd, they didn't do that great in the semi I guess
- France is fucked already performing as 6th and with upbeat Norway after them
- Spain has a great spot between two stiff ballads and minimalistic stagings
- Netherlands probably did well in the semi, but performing between Spain and Ukraine.. That's going to hurt the final result.
- Moldova has a great spot after like 6 or 7 low energy songs.
- Sweden will come across as a class act after Moldova and they probably won SF2
- Australia, UK and Poland will be the battle of the good male vocals and I think with this they all will suffer a bit..
- Serbia that late is great, but I guess they didn't do that well in the semi..?
- Estonia is a great, uplifting closer

Winners:
- Switzerland
- Spain
- Ukraine
- Moldova
- Sweden
- Serbia
- Estonia

Losers:
- Portugal
- France
- Netherlands
- Iceland
- Australia (and UK and Poland a little bit as well)

Zeus

The countries in 13-18th is certainly a choice
This is totally in favour of Moldova.

People who don't like all the ballads or slow songs are like, hey wow, this has energy and is fun!

I don't like it, but I guess I have to get used to the idea that Moldova will do really well with the televotes.

Zeus

But if the winner of a semi is in first half, aren't they almost always somewhere between 10-13th? So it's not that crazy tho.

Galandar

But if the winner of a semi is in first half, aren't they almost always somewhere between 10-13th? So it's not that crazy tho.

Sure. And I have no doubts Ukraine won that semi. I personally don’t mind Ukraine winning the whole thing, however, this time there is a special political case. It is very obvious that the country will get tons of sympathy votes in a song contest and the only possibility to partially neutralize them was to place Ukraine earlier in the running order and/or surround it by some stronger acts. None of that was done. On the other hand, EBU put several strong acts together following each other which made it even more easier for Ukraine to stand out.

AlekS

Veteran
Sure. And I have no doubts Ukraine won that semi. I personally don’t mind Ukraine winning the whole thing, however, this time there is a special political case. It is very obvious that the country will get tons of sympathy votes in a song contest and the only possibility to partially neutralize them was to place Ukraine earlier in the running order and/or surround it by some stronger acts. None of that was done. On the other hand, EBU put several strong acts together following each other which made it even more easier for Ukraine to stand out.
I will repeat it in this thread as well.
Haters gonna hate and they will try to demean our entries like they usually do. Not any running order will change that.
Judging from YT trends and Spotify chart (I doubt that people listen to our entry out of sympathy :lol: ) we indeed won our semi. ESC is unpredictable sometimes, so saying that we have won beforehand is dumb.

Simon

Only to be slayed afterwards by Queen Konstrakta, dead in the water.

Sad at her position. It was an amazing performance and she’s awesome.

Then again, I still think we put too much emphasis on the effect of running order. People remember and vote for the songs they love and connect with, regardless of their position in the show.

Galandar

I will repeat it in this thread as well.
Haters gonna hate and they will try to demean our entries like they usually do. Not any running order will change that.
Judging from YT trends and Spotify chart (I doubt that people listen to our entry out of sympathy :lol: ) we indeed won our semi. ESC is unpredictable tho, so saying that we have won beforehand is dumb.

Ofc haters gonna hate. This is not even a matter of discussion. What I am trying to point out is that unfortunately, with a brutal war happening in Ukraine, we are in a very specific political situation, which could eventually influence the contest. EBU’s task here is to minimize the negative effect of it by making sure those speculations do not occur at their best. In any case, Ukraine has high chances of winning with or without good running order. The entry is descent. It works for me. It does for many others too. Good luck in the final! 💙💛

Deleted member 12761

The running order is weird. At least Spain has a good spot. Germany and Portugal have terrible spots imo.

Top Bottom