bėga bėga ten, kur ir Tu
Milijonas rožių lyg sentimentai
skęsta jūroje debesų

Sukasi ratu galvoje momentai
bėga bėga ten, kur ir Tu
Milijonas rožių lyg sentimentai
skęsta jūroje debesų

Kaz

I didn't sleep, my alarm was ready, I voted 3 times for Monika and saw a French girl posting a screenshot of her 3 votes for Lithuania, it was funny. (It's possible she got points from French televote because only esc fans watch and vote in semis here.)

When Switzerland took the 1st spot I was so sad because I thought she wouldn't make it. I'm so happy!

I always thought that Sentimentai would appeal to French viewers for some reason. Maybe it's because some aspects of the performance are reminiscent of Barbara Pravi. I'd be interested to see how France voted in semi 1 once the full results are out.

harey

@Kaz I don't know about casual viewers but one of my friends is a fan of the song and added it to her playlist but on the other hand other friends described the song as boring. (The funny thing is that I didn't like Voilà. 😂)

shameless

I always thought that Sentimentai would appeal to French viewers for some reason. Maybe it's because some aspects of the performance are reminiscent of Barbara Pravi. I'd be interested to see how France voted in semi 1 once the full results are out.
She in generally looks like a chanson singer from the 60s-70s and has the hairstyle of Mirelle Mathieu. Obviously she appears french. :D
Still hoping and thinking the Odds are underrating her eventhough it seems that Serbia will attract more people who like eccentric yet not gimmick entrances. I hope she can make the top 20 at least.

MopManMoss

Veteran
She in generally looks like a chanson singer from the 60s-70s and has the hairstyle of Mirelle Mathieu. Obviously she appears french. :D
Still hoping and thinking the Odds are underrating her eventhough it seems that Serbia will attract more people who like eccentric yet not gimmick entrances. I hope she can make the top 20 at least.
She'll be in the top 20 on Lithuanian diaspora alone before we even get into non lithuanian support her (like myself)

tuorem

I dont really get the Barbara Pravi comparisons other than the fact they're both women alone on stage, i didnt really like voila but absolutely love sentimentai
Same! Maybe it's been said before, but the only common trait I see (a visual one) is they are sporting hairstyles akin to famous French singers':

Pravi = Edith Piaf
B9726047101Z.1_20210208101505_000%2BG3THHIBH0.2-0.jpg
edith_piaf_portrait_nb_afp.jpg

Liu = Mireille Mathieu
Monika-Liu-Lithuania-Barcelona-Eurovision-party.jpg
20448182.jpg

You're welcome. :p

musicfan

I always liked this one. A better performance than the semi, and better camerawork and she could get a high place. Definitely much better than Viola last year. In modern Eurovision this is a more unique song. Also the lyrics are pretty good.

soulm8

She reminded me of France 2021 the minute I saw her. Not song wise, but just the atmosphere she creates . I’m not surprised her doing well, not sure what the juries were thinking though ….

Top Bottom