Contact us

EUROVISION 2022 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

12Pointsgoto.....

I personally think Albania was killed by the camera angles. It probably turned off more of the voters that were fine with the oversexualization. I am fine with it, but I am sure many viewers are older and many watch this with a family so Ronela obviously had a disadvantage. I am just suprised that Latvia didn't make it.

12Pointsgoto.....

Yesterday evening was my Grandmothers first eurovision and here are her qualifiers:
Albania (she loved the choreo)
Lithuania
Moldova
Latvia
Greece
Armenia
Norway
Netherlands
Iceland
Slovenia

She also said the postcards look worse than the special effects of Hongkong TV in the 70's

Last edited:

harey

So, it doesn't mean a lot but I watched the live tweet from the bbc account and Moldova got 1622 rt and 5074 likes wich is huge compared to the second one Norway with 734 rt 2832 likes and the third Portugal (!) with 579 rt and 3245 likes. I feel like Moldova may easily be on the televote top 3.

popavapeur

I like to watch who's doing well on Itunes and such after each semi. I didn't count when a song charts in its own country, keep in mind that those numbers can get up and down VERY QUICKLY (example : if there's nobody buying at 3 AM and 5 person decided to buy the same song, it'll likely be high if not first in the charts, although it's only 5 person)

Itunes

Apple Music

I don't have data for some countries or I do have them but I don't think it's interesting to say that Spain is charting in Spain or Denmark is charting in Denmark only.

Brandt

For some reason, this Eurovision season overall feels quite underwhelming. I like the songs but how I feel is nothing like last year.

12Pointsgoto.....

For some reason, this Eurovision season overall feels quite underwhelming. I like the songs but how I feel is nothing like last year.
Yeah. I rewatched the show to analyse the results, but the main thing i noticed was that I haven't seen this amount of camera people on stage ever. Like there were so many times where you could see the camera men. It looked like they didn't know what to do

12Pointsgoto.....

Is nobody going to talk about when Netherlands was announced as the last qualifier that the camera just switched to Ronela. I think that was completely inappropriate, why would you do that? It was disgusting behaviour, the producers knew exactly what was going to happen and that is why they did it. It was really awkward and they sacrificed someone else's dignity for more interesting TV.

NeoTen

When will YT upload or stream in 4k or at least 60 FPS? they already got the codec from YT (as YT only gives better procession codecs to big channels) I don't get it. It's 2022! :mad:
Yeah. I rewatched the show to analyse the results, but the main thing i noticed was that I haven't seen this amount of camera people on stage ever. Like there were so many times where you could see the camera men. It looked like they didn't know what to do
I think it's because many artists chose to not walk around. This is really speculative, but I think it's because cause of Covid, many artists still don't feel comfortable getting too close (also to a waterfall) and still aren't 100% back to vocal strength.

12Pointsgoto.....

When will YT upload or stream in 4k or at least 60 FPS? they already got the codec from YT (as YT only gives better procession codecs to big channels) I don't get it. It's 2022! :mad:

I think it's because many artists chose to not walk around. This is really speculative, but I think it's because cause of Covid, many artists still don't feel comfortable getting too close (also to a waterfall) and still aren't 100% back to vocal strength.
I mean camera people during a performance, there were always camera people in the background waiting for there shot, but we could see them when we weren't supposed to

Deleted member 12761

Yeah, I also thought it was weird and shady when the camera showed Ronela after S10. I wasn't in Eurovision mood so far but the opening act made me excited again. But yeah, I can't wait when this year is over. Too much negativity. I'm already excited for 2023, lol. I have a feeling next year is going to be a very good year.

NeoTen

Is nobody going to talk about when Netherlands was announced as the last qualifier that the camera just switched to Ronela. I think that was completely inappropriate, why would you do that? It was disgusting behaviour, the producers knew exactly what was going to happen and that is why they did it. It was really awkward and they sacrificed someone else's dignity for more interesting TV.
She publicly bashed the stage, the content, the production. According to some broadcasters, the production do read the socials from the artists a lot, so I guess they saw the results and thought "ha, bye girl, c'mon, let everyone know she is going home". Don't forget, this is an entertainment show with a song contest as method of providing it.

NeoTen

I mean camera people during a performance, there were always camera people in the background waiting for there shot, but we could see them when we weren't supposed to
Yeah, I meant the production isn't experienced with the amount of camera's they needed on such a small stage. So some they just told to stand close, as most artists didn't want to move around a lot. Hope that clarifies what I meant.

12Pointsgoto.....

She publicly bashed the stage, the content, the production. According to some broadcasters, the production do read the socials from the artists a lot, so I guess they saw the results and thought "ha, bye girl, c'mon, let everyone know she is going home". Don't forget, this is an entertainment show with a song contest as method of providing it.
I do not agree with her statements, but they still shouldn't have done it

Top Bottom