Contact us

Live EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2022 FINAL DISCUSSION

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Please use this thread to discuss rehearsals in general and also to follow along with all of the live shows in Turin.

Matt, Melanie and Roy from the ESC United team will be LIVE in Turin over the coming days, with yours truly joining them on the ground in the coming days.

Make sure to join Matt for the round up of Eurovision 2022 rehearsals from 10:00 CET, LIVE on Youtube. Links to all live streams are below;

DAY 1

DAY 2

DAY 3

DAY 4

DAY 5

DAY 6

DAY 7

For individual countries' reactions and interviews, please check out the specific country thread.

Make sure to also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch and our new TikTok account for all of the latest behind the scenes and reaction from Turin!

>>> Click HERE for the Eurovision 2022 rehearsal schedule <<<

Last edited:

jatojo

I'll give the show as a whole a 3. There was nothing in it that made it stand out from a Eurovision show 10-15 years ago. The hosts were bad, the start and interval segments were nothing special (with Diodato's song as an exception although I also think the staging here was flawed), and the production didn't impress either - there were very few wow moments in the stage shows, and sometimes it was like "what did they want to achieve with that camera move". I did find the sound on my TV pretty good, but that's probably got something to do with the songs having a pre-recorded instrumental track.

When it comes to the songs themselves, I found that less than half of them are worth seeing in the final. I don't remember what I normally think of semis, but less than half is not much, so I'm probably not so happy about the selection this year as I tend to be.

FilipFromSweden

I'm a bit surprised by how good this semi-final was considering everybody has trashed this year, I'd say it was much better than 2017 as well.

lasse braun

one positive thing from that semi - tiktok is out!
no salat this year. (and aminata still in tears for this worthless hype.)
second thing: slovenia has learned a lession - do not skip something like LUMA!
xcheers

Loindici

Veteran
God, the show is dated as hell it's like I'm watching Eurovision 2008. It probably comes to camera quality, the lighting used, and just the overall graphics -- these didn't look fresh on my Youtube stream. I don't really like the intervals, it feels like they just want to go as festive and big as possible but didn't have a good flow and some choices are bad kind of tacky (like, no, Diodato doesn't need a swarm of people gyrating on him).

The results are a total (and I really mean TOTAL) surprise. The first four -- Switzerland, Iceland, Armenia, Lithuania -- were usually out of people's choice to qualify. Portugal, Norway and Greece made their deserved qualification, and Moldova qualified -- which convinces me the public just really loves ZsZ no matter what year it is... and it's even 11 years after their last participation. AND WHY DO THEY HAVE TO DO NETHERLANDS DIRTY AGAIN BY CALLING THEM LAST!?

goncalovieira

Some sources are advancing that Ronela is snapping everyone with her helicopter moves.

Loindici

Veteran
Do you think the running order has caused some entries to lose out?
Especially Albania followed by Latvia. Both of them too high impact and in-your-face.

Now I fear for the Finland-Israel-Serbia combo for SF2.

I'll go and observe it completely from my POV:
Albania - Latvia - Lithuania - Switzerland - Slovenia - Ukraine - Bulgaria - Netherlands - Moldova - Portugal - Croatia - Denmark - Austria - Iceland - Greece - Norway - Armenia

I agreed with Albania and Latvia killing each other for having the same energy. Ukraine and Bulgaria are typically similar, so the one with the stronger hype (which is Ukraine) will advance. Denmark and Austria are also similar in terms of energy, but they sort of cancel each other, I suppose?

I feel the Lithuania-Switzerland-Slovenia combo has a good down-up flow from Latvia to Ukraine, yet since they're chill and slow as heck I don't know if they'd work on the first place (and thank God they are). Since you can't beat the stage presence of Monika Liu and Mr. Bear comes with a great staging, Slovenia is out.

Now, Netherlands, Moldova, and Portugal are separating each other out -- slow+sad, fast+cheerful, slow+warm -- and that made them stand out as individual entries and also as a pack. Greece, Norway, and Armenia is a similar case -- mid+dramatic, fast+campy, mid+warm.

Loindici

Veteran
Seriously, after Lithuania's announcement, I have lost my faith in Portugal. And then...

I am convinced that everyone watching in home loves the song that is Saudade, Saudaaaadeee

midnightsun

Veteran
This would be shocking if this was true because we‘ve never had such a discrepancy between juries and televote and would make everyone apart from Ukraine look like an unfair winner.
I don’t think this can be true.

midnightsun

Veteran
Anyway, I think there is just someone wanting to disturb everyone and fake or not, it’s pretty unfair because it will influence the artists, especially the qualifiers because there are the biggest discrepancies on the sheet. I think it could harm sensitive artists. What a bad move.

Top Bottom