Contact us

Live EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2022 FINAL DISCUSSION

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Please use this thread to discuss rehearsals in general and also to follow along with all of the live shows in Turin.

Matt, Melanie and Roy from the ESC United team will be LIVE in Turin over the coming days, with yours truly joining them on the ground in the coming days.

Make sure to join Matt for the round up of Eurovision 2022 rehearsals from 10:00 CET, LIVE on Youtube. Links to all live streams are below;

DAY 1

DAY 2

DAY 3

DAY 4

DAY 5

DAY 6

DAY 7

For individual countries' reactions and interviews, please check out the specific country thread.

Make sure to also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch and our new TikTok account for all of the latest behind the scenes and reaction from Turin!

>>> Click HERE for the Eurovision 2022 rehearsal schedule <<<

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

I actually jumped out of my seat when they announced Lithuania, I was getting so worried! Absolutely over the moon for Monika!!

They announced the two songs I didn't want first, but it ended up being not so bad after that, I got 8 songs in the end that I'm happy with. Not all that happy to see Switzerland qualifying but honestly Lithuania qualified when I had started to think they wouldn't so I don't really care now. :p

I feel really bad that Albania and Latvia didn't qualify. I think Albania's performance ended up dragging it down probably.....every time there was another performance, Albania's performance started looking worse and worse in comparison. Latvia, I think it probably didn't help that Norway and Moldova were probably scooping up a lot of the "zany song" votes. (of course performing 2nd also probably didn't do them any favours)

Overall I'm pretty happy with the outcome.

akoz

Well, got right 8/10 qualifiers and win 2/3 bets with 2+ odds today. Don't believe in Moldova because their video snippet was really mediocre, but tonight they were one of the best so deserving qualification. But how Switzerland goes to the final is beyond me.

popavapeur

So basically after the show everyone agreed on : nothing is up to par with Eurovision 2021 top 3, there's nothing winning in this semi is what they said the most.

And they were really impressed when I said Ukraine was the favorite, like they understand the support due to the war but for the win not at all.

blue00eyes

Yeah , that freaking Switzerland is upsetting. 8/10 of my faves made it. I didn't want Lithuania but she was literally my 11th.
Overall I'm happy. Happy that Austria is out cause this is just Gromee & Darude story. We were so delusional back in 2018 with Light Me Up

martin

Sad for Croatia, but happy for Iceland

Surprice with Switzerland, but jury have probably helped them. Lithuania have probably get a lot of points from Latvia, Norway, Iceland, Denmark and perhaps some country like Moldova, Armenia and The Netherlands?

Albania, Latvia and Austria probably lost to jury or that people vote for Moldova, Norway and Ukraine.

Going to love to see full result. Surprice to see 0 country from Balkan to final if you not count Greece or Moldova

Grinch

WTF JUST HAPPENED???????

lasse braun

WTF S10 at ten!
without that song there is no real "ESCfeeling" in the final - i am still thinking that ukraine with alina pash could have won because of the music quality and not because politics and S10 as second best song of all in the competion is then a soul comforter.
xrose
xqueenbitch

HarryUK

I can see why Austria didn’t qualify. It was probably a crowd pleaser in the arena but where they’ve changed the key of the song, Pia’s voice just didn’t stand up to scrutiny in my opinion.

Albania literally delivered an ethnic bop but failed to qualify over Switzerland.... no words.

mauve

Veteran
Still don't understand why Switzerland qualified. And I don't understand why so many like Armenia's staging. I think it's super cheesy.
Happy for Lithuania and Netherlands.
Sad for Austria, but even though I really love the song, the staging wasn't impressive enough.

Kaz

I reckon the entire jury top 10 qualified but with Moldova (televote qualifier) instead of Denmark. Would not be surprised if Albania, Latvia, and Austria were all televote qualifiers who got blanked by juries. We will wait and see.

ESC94

Still don't understand why Switzerland qualified. And I don't understand why so many like Armenia's staging. I think it's super cheesy.
Sad for Austria, but even though I really love the song, the staging wasn't impressive enough.

The staging was the smallest problem here, her vocals at some point were really not good. :(

Agree with you about :ch: and :nl: though.

Zerocalcare

I'll explain why Switzerland qualified. The first reason is the power of the jury and the second reason is that Marius's song won the hearts of the older and more nostalgic Europeans of the past (as well as my mother). The third reason is that Marius' song and interpretation are, apart from taste, technically excellent.

Top Bottom