Contact us

Live EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2022 FINAL DISCUSSION

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Please use this thread to discuss rehearsals in general and also to follow along with all of the live shows in Turin.

Matt, Melanie and Roy from the ESC United team will be LIVE in Turin over the coming days, with yours truly joining them on the ground in the coming days.

Make sure to join Matt for the round up of Eurovision 2022 rehearsals from 10:00 CET, LIVE on Youtube. Links to all live streams are below;

DAY 1

DAY 2

DAY 3

DAY 4

DAY 5

DAY 6

DAY 7

For individual countries' reactions and interviews, please check out the specific country thread.

Make sure to also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch and our new TikTok account for all of the latest behind the scenes and reaction from Turin!

>>> Click HERE for the Eurovision 2022 rehearsal schedule <<<

Last edited:

popavapeur

Australia is VERY convincing, that could be a jury winner imho

Cyprus on the other side was very interesting in pics but that doesn't translates very well on camera (for the few seconds we saw)

ayzelto

I actually like Cyprus, despite all I heard about only showing the stage and not her.

On the other hand, Australia is not for me. I think there are better ballads this year that could win the jury vote (Poland, UK or Greece for example).

ItsJaden

Australia is VERY convincing, that could be a jury winner imho

Cyprus on the other side was very interesting in pics but that doesn't translates very well on camera (for the few seconds we saw)

I like Australia's light show. very effective, but his voice just doesn't move me and the song is still a bit whiney
Cyprus.. genuinly dissapointed with how that incredible staging translates to tv. Bad camera work and use of the prop imo

Shame, cause i'm really rooting for Cyrpus

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
:au: I called it. Of course we're getting part two of the mask coming off to tears whilst Sheldon casually fixes his hair. This is a hard pass for me. Will the audience at home fall for it? Actually I'd say for the most part, probably not but then the jury certainly will. It's difficult to judge the staging here as we've just been given the bit that makes me recoil.

:cy: Seems less impressive than I initially thought but it's still nice, and the shell prop is going to help this performance stand out visually. The song is middling but with these nice visuals the overall package goes up a notch. This should hopefully be enough to at least reach the final.

:ie: Not bad at all. This needed to be really good staging wise and it at least seems competent. The song itself is the problem here though. It just doesn't feel like an entry with the power to do anything. Certainly won't be an embarrassment on stage at least.

:mk: Simplistically staged (barren) and yet it's also intense. Looks good. Sounds good. I think I'm quite impressed. The focus is on Andrea and she's handling it all seemingly with aplomb. This much like Ireland is one of the songs from 2022 that felt helpless but just maybe there's room for a surprise or two somewhere in this semi?

0scar

I'm not surprised that the :cy: prop doesn't translate well on screen, was kinda expecting that after seeing the rehearsal pictures. I expect it to be a borderline qualifier tbh, the song is great but really forgettable unfortunately.

:au: yeah no not for me, I agree that it is (a bit) cringe

:ie: I actually like it? Brooke's vocal performance isn't that great but I think it is staged well, nothing spectacular though

:mk: dead on arrival

Zeus

If Sheldon sung a gayish over the top "bop" - like Israel or Romania - he would be totally it according to a lot of hardcore Eurovision-fans. Or a trashy punky poprocksong like San Marino with all the stereotypical Eurovision elements - talk about "cringe" - the same. Or last year, in which Tix used way bigger symbolics to put his painful story forward. Or look at Spain this year, an upbeat, very simple pop-production in which the performer basically sings without pants and constantly shows her butt. But that's not cringe, that's wooowww slay queen etc.

But when this boy sings a ballad that he co-writed himself (unlike many other "artists" at Eurovision), which comes very close to his own story, his own struggles and deep pains, it suddenly is just theatrical, whiny and cringe, lol.

Ofcourse you can dislike a song and/or performance, but I find it somewhat disrespectful and ironic looking at the Eurovision-community.

0scar

:ee: another cringe and another song I hate basically everything about, black sun really hurting this performance btw

FilipFromSweden

It’s the way Greece and Cyprus decided to save this whole year for me

0scar

:ro: They improved their staging due to the broken sun and it looks really good! Too bad the song is just really bad lol

Top Bottom