Contact us

EUROVISION 2022 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

Zerocalcare

Example of how the bubble is studying the phenomenon of the "Black Hole" present on the stage in Turin. Will accurate scientific studies lead to the solution of the dilemma? How was it born? It's dangerous? Does it really take you to another dimension? :geek:

12Pointsgoto.....

@12Pointsgoto..... But it just looks like a décor, if you don't look at it as something broken it is like a giant prop used for light effects. I don't get why you think that for casual viewers it will be seen as something broken while it just looks like part of a stage.
But it doesn't look good. Just because you don't know something is wrong, doesn't mean that people lose their sense of taste. And it is not about our enjoyment, it is about the artists. I have a friend who is in the Latvian delegation and they are furious. It didn't look completely terrible in the first rehearsals, but that was because they gave us 5 seconds of the performance with super awkward angles. In the second rehearsals, you can clearly see it. As I said before, I showed it to many people who don't follow eurovision and haven't even heard of it before, and they said that they felt that the sun didn't look good.

12Pointsgoto.....

I must say that even though they had to change the staging so many times, due to more issues popping up with RAI, Monika slayed and the second rehearsal looks fantastic.

12Pointsgoto.....

What are you guy's thoughts on Ronela's recent statement on social media about the hate she has been receiving?

nudiecrudi

This is what I call a perfect Eurovision spirit. Fun, friendship and sane irony.

Mainshow

Veteran
Do we know when the Big 5 countries get drawn into either the first or the second half of the grand final?

I honestly thought that it would have been happening today since they already rehearsed.

estonia

Do we know when the Big 5 countries get drawn into either the first or the second half of the grand final?

I honestly thought that it would have been happening today since they already rehearsed.
If I recall correctly, at least in some occasions, it has happened after second rehearsals 🤔

Mainshow

Veteran
Thanks! I honestly thought it was happening after the first rehearsals but now I have a new "date" to look out for! ;)

Loindici

Veteran
By the way is Eurovision 2022 going to have OFFICIAL PROFILE PHOTOS for each contestant this year?

I'm aware these are probably taken from the press conference, however.

Examples:
hero.jpg

Ensemble MARO - Portugal

hero.jpg

Ronela Hajati - Albania

hero.jpg

Last Pizza Slice - Slovenia

Lindon

Retracted. Mainshow was quicker.

Ajeje Brazorf

I agree with the EBU's statement but most of us are just giving constructive feedback.

Oh but this statement is actually not related to the ones who give constructive feedback. It's referring to some online pages who spoiled the names of organizers and workers of the show just to let people bully them on their facebook/insta pages, it is referreing to the ones who posted offensive s**t against the artists online, it is referred to those who enjoy spending their free time wishing catastrophes in some countries because they see something not of their taste.

There are lots of these comments all over online and I think it won't stop this people to do so but I hope it raises the level of attention about those things.

Deleted member 12761

I agree with the EBU's statement but most of us are just giving constructive feedback.
Yes, here on united. But have you seen Twitter and the other social media sites? People being rude to the artists, the host country etc. Some "fans" are doing too much. This is very bad for the image of Eurovision, too. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't show us any rehearsal clips in the future contests or just a short video of all performances and honestly I wouldn't mind it. They can fill the time with content like house party, looklab and other things.

Top Bottom