Contact us

Live EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2022 FINAL DISCUSSION

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Please use this thread to discuss rehearsals in general and also to follow along with all of the live shows in Turin.

Matt, Melanie and Roy from the ESC United team will be LIVE in Turin over the coming days, with yours truly joining them on the ground in the coming days.

Make sure to join Matt for the round up of Eurovision 2022 rehearsals from 10:00 CET, LIVE on Youtube. Links to all live streams are below;

DAY 1

DAY 2

DAY 3

DAY 4

DAY 5

DAY 6

DAY 7

For individual countries' reactions and interviews, please check out the specific country thread.

Make sure to also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch and our new TikTok account for all of the latest behind the scenes and reaction from Turin!

>>> Click HERE for the Eurovision 2022 rehearsal schedule <<<

Last edited:

Synergise

I don´t know why "Albania got so many diaspora votes = qualifies" has been mentioned a few times now.
Albania hasn´t qualified 7 times and the last three entries which were brilliant, in my opinion, and accompanied by amazing vocalist narrowly passed the semis ("Mall" was #8, "Karma" #10 and "Ktheju tokes" #9).
If Ronela´s performance will be looking as messy as the rehearsal clip and if she can´t hit the long/high note, I don´t think that she´s a safe qualifier at all.

(and I have Albania in my Top 10 and I would like to be voting for her in the semi).
To clarify, Albania has got almost ALL of its main televote support in this semi. They didn't get North Macedonia or Montenegro (who would have been their preferred countries in their pot over Croatia and Slovenia, though these two both support Albania a lot as well). They got the best possible selection of countries from other pots though - Italy, Switzerland, Greece and Austria are Albania's four biggest supporters outside of the pot, and Albania has all four of them voting in this semi.

In terms of draw support, it can go very well, or very poorly for Albania each year, and this year it's worked out incredibly well for them.

hpp0

From the clips that are released so far, Latvia and Lithuania looked really good and they seem to have done a good job with the camera angles to avoid making the sun thing look ugly. Albania was very messy, it will probably be more lively with an audience but it definitely needs different camera angles. Switzerland was fine, a bit boring but it was classy until I saw the heart projection.

Edit: I also liked Slovenia, which seems to have a pretty good idea for their performance.

Mainshow

Veteran
To clarify, Albania has got almost ALL of its main televote support in this semi. They didn't get North Macedonia or Montenegro (who would have been their preferred countries in their pot over Croatia and Slovenia, though these two both support Albania a lot as well). They got the best possible selection of countries from other pots though - Italy, Switzerland, Greece and Austria are Albania's four biggest supporters outside of the pot, and Albania has all four of them voting in this semi.

In terms of draw support, it can go very well, or very poorly for Albania each year, and this year it's worked out incredibly well for them.

Thanks for the post! - Indeed, they usually get some televoting points from aforementioned countries - Yet, I don´t think that it´s a given they will be qualifying based on that - they´ve got good draws in the past as well and barely qualified with better performances, imo.

Serena00

I actually like camera work is Slovenia's clip. It's a sweet song with decent staging, but is it enough to qualify :unsure:

GermanBango

:ch:
Well ... uhm ... this is a bit too much drama for my taste but oh dear, juries will eat this up. Might end up last with the public though.
Verdict: Borderline non-qualifier. I expect a Top 5 jury finish though. Somewhere between 8-14th.

:sl:
Decent staging. If only the song wasn`t that meh. I would be surprised if it came anywhere close to the top 10 with either voting party.
Verdict: Non-qualifier. Between 13-17th.

crashworld

Veteran
Slovenia's Second Rehearsal Clip

It's really the year of close-ups. You can tell they are trying not to show the black sun.

AlekS

Veteran

Last edited:

crashworld

Veteran
RE: Ukraine

Love the floor LED shot with the traditional motifs. But the freaking black sun is ruining the LED backdrop.

midnightsun

Veteran
Now that the first second rehearsal clips are out… my two cents:

1. I've not one single second thought about a sun in the background. To me it has always been a rainbow. Unfortunately a very lacklustre. I do get that it's disturbing the scenery but they handle it quite well. Most performances will not suffer too much from it but I admit there are a few where it won’t look that good. I hope those countries will have their plan B as I suggested. You always better have a plan B if possible.
But all in all people who aren’t aware of the drama going on won’t notice too much. I wonder if the tv hosts in each country are allowed to talk about it. I hope they aren’t because if they do people will just look at that black thing all the time.

2. All 2nd rehearsals so far are pretty good except for Albania. What’s the thing with pink? Croatia also did themselves no favor with the pink dress. Malta should have known better last year. Pink looks girly and in most cases not very serious. For Eurovision it’s a no go unless you're a Katy Perry copycat.

Top Bottom