Contact us

Live EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2022 FINAL DISCUSSION

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Please use this thread to discuss rehearsals in general and also to follow along with all of the live shows in Turin.

Matt, Melanie and Roy from the ESC United team will be LIVE in Turin over the coming days, with yours truly joining them on the ground in the coming days.

Make sure to join Matt for the round up of Eurovision 2022 rehearsals from 10:00 CET, LIVE on Youtube. Links to all live streams are below;

DAY 1

DAY 2

DAY 3

DAY 4

DAY 5

DAY 6

DAY 7

For individual countries' reactions and interviews, please check out the specific country thread.

Make sure to also follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch and our new TikTok account for all of the latest behind the scenes and reaction from Turin!

>>> Click HERE for the Eurovision 2022 rehearsal schedule <<<

Last edited:

goncalovieira

Oh god... these days are getting so boring... Come on.
Where is the Eurovision magic?

Mainshow

Veteran
I‘ve been on the night train to Turin with them on Friday and they are really nice, down to earth. Just normal teenagers. Pia still seems to have some health issues concerning her voice (I don’t know if it’s from her Covid infection or just a normal cold).
Awesome that you basically bumped into them on that night train and have fun in Turin!

From what I´ve seen online, they really seem to be nice/kind and really excited about Eurovision and I´m glad for them and hope for a great result for Austria - I just don´t like her voice and hope that she can somehow recover from her Covid infection so that her vocals may end up being stronger in a week.

crashworld

Veteran
LOL! If that kinetic sun is not fixed, we are going to get this for almost every single performance (except those who use the B-stage or brought their own props). #ijustcant

omvmcq8fdvw81.jpg

Last edited:

aef

So far I really don’t like what I see from the stage, it reminds me too much of the 1999 stage, the most dreadful Eurovision stage in history

crashworld

Veteran
Norway's First Rehearsal Gallery:

Basically the ESC stage version of the NF. Not like it needed to change anything.

Description for Armenia's set:
There’s a full constructed set for this performance, our first of the day. It’s a white bedroom with walls and furniture that are made from post-it notes – we’ve just had a chat with the Armenian delegation (sat in the Green Room pod next to us) and they’ve confirmed it’s a reinforced paper structure.

Rosa pulls bits off it off to reveal messages and lyrics written on the walls as she sings, including the date 22nd June, which our new Armenian friends tell us is the date she was inspired to write the song.
I guess this is why they got the last slot. Should be very interesting.

Mainshow

Veteran
LOL! If that kinetic sun is not fixed, we are going to get this for almost every single performance (except those who use the B-stage). #ijustcant

Such a waste - the concept of the stage was extremely incredible and honestly, it doesn´t look "that bad" but it´s very disappointing for entries whose performances had been relying on LEDs and backdrops.

Ezio

Veteran
The stage doesn't look versatile at all. Just a ring with different colours.

crashworld

Veteran
Such a waste - the concept of the stage was extremely incredible and honestly, it doesn´t look "that bad" but it´s very disappointing for entries whose performances had been relying on LEDs and backdrops.

On one hand, it looks pretty futuristic. But when the camera pans out and then it's basically a gigantic broken vinyl blocking the entire LED screen, which make it looks so awkward.

Meanwhile, Denmark's First Rehearsal Clip:
https://www.tiktok.com/video/7092773739292675334

kamc

And this is why 2011 remains my favourite stage…just a big open stage with huge oversized LEDs that made every single performance look so different from each other.

GermanBango

So is it official that they wont really be able to fix this? Find it hard to believe since its still more than a week to go. Maybe they should just try to manually turn at least some of these arches around idk.

Last edited:

Miss Antartica

So is it official that they wont really be able to fix this? Find it hard to believe since its still more than a week to go. Maybe they should just try to manually turn at least some of these bows around idk.
Moldovan singers said that the technicians have already removed the sun's engine, so it will be unusable

crashworld

Veteran
I think it's not that simple to just manually turn it. Because there are some delegations who are not using the LED side of the kinetic sun (ie. Iceland) for the performance. So it's going to be a nightmare to turn it manually back and forth for every performance. So I guess those who are using the LED side for their performance are basically screwed.

GermanBango

The only somewhat valid source I could find was some Italian newspaper who claims to have insider info. Some engine seems to have issues so they are LIMITING the movement of the sun. Doesn`t say anything about just keeping it the way it is now. (which would be a major flop)

Top Bottom