Contact us

EUROVISION 2022 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

FilipFromSweden

So the person who did the 2021 running order also did the 2022 running order. No wonder it sucks.
And I see why The Netherlands got a great spot in the running order.

Source:
I thought the 2021 order was fine? Sometimes I feel like ESC fans are desperate to just be pissed about anything really

Lindon

Most-streamed Eurovision 2022 songs on Spotify March 11-30
1. Brividi (9,946,651 streams) 🇮🇹
2. Hold Me Closer (7,509,779) 🇸🇪
3. De diepte (4,897,319) 🇳🇱
4. Halo (2,058,243) 🇦🇹
5. Give That Wolf a Banana (1,909,055) 🇳🇴
6. Stefania (1,734,513) 🇺🇦

Most-streamed Eurovision 2022 songs on Spotify yesterday (Mar 30):
1. Brividi (409,587 streams) 🇮🇹
2. Hold Me Closer (240,104) 🇸🇪
3. De diepte (213,424) 🇳🇱
4. Halo (91,108) 🇦🇹
5. SloMo (81,298) 🇪🇸
6. Give That Wolf a Banana (76,797) 🇳🇴

Last edited:

midnightsun

Veteran
I thought the 2021 order was fine? Sometimes I feel like ESC fans are desperate to just be pissed about anything really
1. I remember the running order last year was strange too. (If you ask me, in a good way.) You could clearly tell this wasn’t the signature of Björkman & Team any longer. Björkman had a different approach. He was eager to provide variety between the songs but you could also recognize he was favoriting certain countries and spots.
Last year the running order felt more random and not very TV show friendly, favouring underdogs that were quite low in the tops and odds. Not all of them got a "death spot“ like with Björkman, when a weaker song had been put between two favourites or vice versa.

2. So for God's sake let people discuss if they want to discuss! Not everyone is always pissed about anything. It’s just the usual fan stuff, speculation, pastime until the finale.

FilipFromSweden

2. So for God's sake let people discuss if they want to discuss!
First of all, what you just did that is discussion. To be all like '' IT SUCKED LAST YEAR. NO WONDER IT SUCKED THIS YEAR!'' in what way is that a fun discussion to have? Also who is stopping anyone lol, I just claimed that the ESC community has gotten so overwhelmingly negative

midnightsun

Veteran
Negative, yes. Overwhelmingly? Hell no, it’s just the usual "letting off steam". It’s absolutely natural for people to grump about stuff. Would you forbid the fans of soccer to get mad when their team is losing? It’s all part of the game, celebrating together, suffering together, laughing together, crying together, swearing if your team sucks… may it be soccer, Eurovision or any other event. Most of it isn’t even meant to be that negative, even if it comes across as such.

I just don’t get why people in a FORUM, which is literally a place to gather and discuss, are obliged to refrain from bitching about something once in a while. That’s why we are all here. We are negative at times, we are positive at times.

It‘s very irritating to be told 'stop being negative, you must not compare song x to song y because they are totally not the same, stop calling songs overrated, don’t say this, don’t say that' while there is a conversation about spicy Spanish sausages going on in every thread. (Not that I don’t find them funny. :p)

Lindon

WTH is responsible for creating the additional videos on the official Eurovision Song Contest YouTube channel? In their new video "Eurovision This Month - March 2022 Contest News" they report on everything even stuff that didn't happen in March, but completely forgot the Austrian entry relased on March 11th and misunderstood the title of the Swiss contribution. Judging by the thumbnail I would say it's a Nordic country pushing Nordic entries.

Jonkonfui

Negative, yes. Overwhelmingly? Hell no, it’s just the usual "letting off steam". It’s absolutely natural for people to grump about stuff. Would you forbid the fans of soccer to get mad when their team is losing? It’s all part of the game, celebrating together, suffering together, laughing together, crying together, swearing if your team sucks… may it be soccer, Eurovision or any other event. Most of it isn’t even meant to be that negative, even if it comes across as such.

I just don’t get why people in a FORUM, which is literally a place to gather and discuss, are obliged to refrain from bitching about something once in a while. That’s why we are all here. We are negative at times, we are positive at times.

It‘s very irritating to be told 'stop being negative, you must not compare song x to song y because they are totally not the same, stop calling songs overrated, don’t say this, don’t say that' while there is a conversation about spicy Spanish sausages going on in every thread. (Not that I don’t find them funny. :p)
I am the one with the 'sausage'... But sausage, really?... I know that being German you are too polite to say 'dick' but 'penis' is quite polite... Sausages is a bit kindergarten time.
Anyway let's talk about what really matters... Are you tall? 2 meters?

crashworld

Veteran

I guess someone I have put on my "ignore" list has issues with my comment on the running order. I guess it's okay for some people to be negative about certain things selectively or only if it is to their liking or agreement. But it is OK. Freedom of speech as long as it doesn't cross the line.

Jonkonfui

I guess someone I have put on my "ignore" list has issues with my comment on the running order. I guess it's okay for some people to be negative about certain things selectively or only if it is to their liking or agreement. But it is OK. Freedom of speech as long as it doesn't cross the line.
Why would you react to what someone who is on your ignore list says about anything? It really makes no sense.

Jonkonfui

Eyyy i have received an award for contributing (con - tri -bu - ting) a lot... I am now a VIP person on this Forum.

Jonkonfui

I know that my posts dont make sense but as I can see i am not the only one (hey that s another Esc song)

mauve

Veteran
Sorry to interrupt the negativity, but here is something to laugh about: (my highlight: 2:33 :ROFLMAO:)

Lindon

Most-streamed Eurovision 2022 songs on Spotify last week (Mar 25-31):
1. Brividi (3,027,316 streams) 🇮🇹
2. Hold Me Closer (1,845,039) 🇸🇪
3. De diepte (1,465,463) 🇳🇱
4. Halo (635,174) 🇦🇹
5. Give That Wolf a Banana (578,588) 🇳🇴
6. SloMo (563,970) 🇪🇸

Most-streamed Eurovision 2022 songs on Spotify yesterday (Mar 31):
1. Brividi (413,425 streams) 🇮🇹
2. Hold Me Closer (245,605) 🇸🇪
3. De diepte (202,928) 🇳🇱
4. Halo (91,553) 🇦🇹
5. SloMo (83,005) 🇪🇸
6. Give That Wolf a Banana (77,619) 🇳🇴
7. Stefania (75,306) 🇺🇦

Chorizo

I am the one with the 'sausage'... But sausage, really?... I know that being German you are too polite to say 'dick' but 'penis' is quite polite... Sausages is a bit kindergarten time.
Anyway let's talk about what really matters... Are you tall? 2 meters?
How tall are you, btw?

Mainshow

Veteran
Does anyone know what country the sixth highest contributor is to Eurovision? I can't find anything concrete online

I don't quite remember when or where so I don't have sources but it was something like The Netherlands/Belgium. Basically a west country with a big population but it was far less than the big 5, they literally are carrying the contest no joke.

Yeah, I remember it very well. An article published a few years ago claimed this country to be The Netherlands.

Jonkonfui

It is Friday afternoon in Spain, evening in Europe and I cannot be totally wasted in a gay sauna looking for love... I am at work... Life is shit. Please vote for Chanel.
How tall are you, btw?
191.. U?

Top Bottom