I won't lose you for another
And if we die together
I will hold you till forever
If we die together, die together now​

Last edited by a moderator:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I can understand your reasoning for not liking the song, it's not my favourite either, but THIS point? Is not it.
Even though I do like ethnic songs and I am happy that Cyprus is going ethnic this year, expecting southern and eastern European states to always go ethnic is wrong and borderlines xenophobia.

Cute, "vanilla" if you may, radio-friendly music isn't just for Nordic and western European states. Where was the Norwegian identity in "Attention"? Where's the kantele in "Jezebel"? Why didn't Duncan wear clogs for "Arcade"? And why isn't Brooke dressed as St. Patrick?

See, it makes zero sense.

It's kinda cute that you're first thought when I said it doesn't feel Greek was that I was actually wanting some ethno hit or whatever and then go on to accuse me Xenophobia? the reach of it. Also i'm actually highkey kinda irked by the people liking, especially Nicholas who I assumed knew me well enough to know that what you've put about me is total bull. I'm not about to tell you what is Greek music, i'm sure you can out do me just fine on that but I listen to enough, and have been exposed to enough to get at the very least a general gist of it. So I really don't appreciate your take at all. My point was clear as day as I wrote it that literally any country could send that and without knowing you wouldn't even think of Greece, it was one of my points of critique and actually one I have shared very much in the past with other entries - especially those from my own country. Idk why you're firing 2 random entries at me as If I am somehow a big super fan of both Attention and Jezebel? :lol: I am a fan of neither, and other than the names any country could have sent them? the point.

Last edited:

ArmpitOfEurope

I can understand your reasoning for not liking the song but THIS point? Is not it.
Even though I do like ethnic songs and I am happy that Cyprus is going ethnic this year, expecting southern and eastern European states to always go ethnic is wrong and borderlines xenophobia.

Cute, plain, radio-friendly music isn't just for Nordic and western European states. Where was the Norwegian identity in "Attention"? Where's the kantele in "Jezebel"? Why didn't Duncan wear clogs for "Arcade"? And why isn't Brooke dressed as St. Patrick?

See, it makes zero sense.

Praise. Dont get why this should only apply to Greece. Have Sweden send a song in swedish with traditional music. Have Ireland send a folk song. Bulgaria has a tone of traditional musical elements, still they send clean english songs year after year and no one says anything.
Greeks dont listen to OPA songs and break plates on their floors every day. English pop is very popular in Greece, there are plenty of big artists that release songs only in this vein.

Can we also blame the greek broadcaster for fearing traditional elements when the only 2 non qualifications came with ethnic songs? ( Argo and Yanna Terzi )
They just try to adapt to the modern era of Eurovision and appeal to the judges more.

Finally, it has greek identity and its greek, you know why? Because it was written by Amanda herself, the videoclip was made by a Greek, a greek will stage this. And this happens every year with Greece. Greece, unlike many countries in esc, never buys ready swedish or danish products so when it comes to identity, the entries are always greek to the root.

Last edited:

Nicholas123

especially Nicholas

Oops, my intention was not to upset you or anything, sorry! :eek:. I guess i am tired and fed up of seeing the exact same argument about the :gr: song from the moment of its release, namely that it has zero greek elements in it. Irregardless to Amanda, who's a girl living abroad, there is a quite big music scene in Greece, with much variety. (T)rap, rock, indie, alternative. You cannot deprive from these artists their dream to go and showcase their music and talent at ESC simply becuase their music style is not typically Greek. This is all i have to say.

Lef

It's kinda cute that you're first thought when I said it doesn't feel Greek was that I was actually wanting some ethno hit or whatever and then go on to accuse me Xenophobia? the reach of it. Also i'm actually highkey kinda irked by the people liking, especially Nicholas who I assumed knew me well enough to know that what you've put about me is total bull. I'm not about to tell you what is Greek music, i'm sure you can out do me just fine on that but I listen to enough, and have been exposed to enough to get at the very least a general gist of it. So I really don't appreciate your take at all. My point was clear as day as I wrote it that literally any country could send that and without knowing you wouldn't even think of Greece, it was one of my points of critique and actually one I have shared very much in the past with other entries - especially those from my own country. Idk why you're firing 2 random entries at me as If I am somehow a big super fan of both Attention and Jezebel? :lol: I am a fan of neither, and other than the names any country could have said them? the point.
No one said you yourself are xenophobic so no need to take it personally and go on a rant to prove us that you aren't. But the expectations you and some people have (usually Westerners) from the Southern-Eastern European countries to send songs that include "our identities" is indeed borderline xenophobic just because that isn't the case for most of the Northern-Western countries. So instead of just complaining that you don't appreciate this take, how about you listen and maybe think about it?
As for the Attention-Jezebel part, it's giving deflect. You totally missed the point which doesn't have to do with your opinion on the songs, they were just random examples.

Ladynoir

It's not a bad song in itself, but I've never been the target audience for this kind of song. I have trouble remembering the chorus. But Amanda has a powerful voice and I'm sure that the staging will make me enjoy the song a bit more.

Sammy

Veteran
There‘s something enjoyable about this song hidden in the second part but it takes a lot of patience to dig it out.
I have to take a closer look on the lyrics soon, from the first listening I found them a bit… strange.
:6: for the moment, but this kinda song is prone to be a fader with me

Iker

Veteran
I like the bridge part in it but other than that the song fails to leave an impression on me. Rather too sterile sounding for my liking as well. It could work as a random track of Billie Eilish I suppose.

I find Greece last year clearly superior. Last Dance >>>>>> Die Together

I will give 6 pts in the poll. It sounds like a filler.

The music video is pretty to look at.

Last edited:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
This is a difficult one to evaluate as I'm not into it but I can certainly point out and admire a little of its qualities. It's doing a fair bit (for some probably a lot) right, with the a cappella first verse giving it at least one more unique talking point (I can sort of get behind that bit). Despite the eventual explosion delivered with such aplomb, I just don't feel anything from the song. It leaves me actually kind of cold as it almost all comes across as so sterile and calculated. My connection to Die Together is zero. This was made to do well and it will. Top 10 seems a given here. Stage it well and top 5 is not out of the question.

A solid :5: from me. It's the best of the songs I don't like this year. I won't even say it's another 2022 disappointment as I listened to a couple of Amanda's songs before the reveal and I was honestly expecting Greece to sit at the very bottom of my ranking this year, when they'll be very far from it in reality. I don't hate it. I just don't care unfortunately.

Last edited:

hijirio

Veteran
This is as beige as Paenda - Limits, but Greece has stronger televote potential so I predict a smaller flop, possibly 20-26th in the final.

Top Bottom