The weather

It hurts so fast
When love goes bad
Until at last
We fade to black

And I'm numb, numb
Numb, numb

Wait
I need some time to fix this can't you wait ?
We can't afford to miss this
You back off slowly through the door
You always go and blame the weather
The weather

It hurts so fast
When love goes bad
Until at last
We fade to black

And I'm numb, numb
Numb, numb

We're living in a memory
The present is the price I pay
Fade to black
Fade to black

It hurts so fast
When love goes bad
Until at last
We fade to black​

Sammy

Veteran
Wishlist:

-Ethno, preferably ethno bop
-100% Azerbaijani language
-100% Azerbaijani songwriters

Please tick these 3 boxes so I can fully get behind your entry this year, canım azerbaycanım xkiss
You‘re asking too much ! New things need time to get used to them. :mrgreen:

Mainshow

Veteran
Oh no - I hope the ballad will be partly performed in Azerbaijani.
They should have gone for a catchy bop/up-tempo track since him singing in English sounds really strange.

crashworld

Veteran
Oh no - I hope the ballad will be partly performed in Azerbaijani.
They should have gone for a catchy bop/up-tempo track since him singing in English sounds really strange.

That's true. He could have learnt a lesson or two from Albania's Ronela. By singing in gibberish English and no one will care how he sounds as long as he dips it low.

Mainshow

Veteran

I’ve been absolutely thrilled to share this news with you - WE HAVE THE SONG! We recorded it yesterday and I was super happy cause it was the one I’d been really hoping for 😍

I can’t wait to share the song with you! Are you excited too? 👀

According to Nadir, they just recorded the song YESTERDAY.

No way, they will have a music video ready next week.

crashworld

Veteran

According to Nadir, they just recorded the song YESTERDAY.

No way, they will have a music video ready next week.

You never know. It could be just a simple video. Since it's a ballad, they can just throw him in front of a green screen and then finish it by adding all the effects they need. The whole treatment to ESC by Azerbaijan this year seems very after-thought. It seems like they no longer have the desire to do well.

Last edited:

hijirio

Veteran
You never know. It could be just a simple video. Since it's a ballad, they can just throw him in front of a green screen and then finish it by adding all the effects they need. The whole treatment to ESC by Azerbaijan this year since very after-thought. It seems like they no longer have the desire to do well.
THIS!

Many people think Azerbaijan is not doing well as before because they stopped cheating, but I can tell from my close observation that since they accomplished victory in 2011 and hosted in 2012, the public interest as well as the broadcaster's interest in the contest has gone only downhill. You can clearly tell they are no longer in it to win it. They just want to send a safe and respectable entry.

Bakinka

"🇦🇿 Songwriters Thomas Stengaard (from Denmark 🇩🇰) and Andreas Stone (from Sweden 🇸🇪) are behind Nadir's song for Eurovision 2022.

The authors had previously worked on such Eurovision (related) songs as Only Teardrops (🇩🇰 Denmark 2013), El Diablo (🇨🇾 Cyprus 2021), Adrenalina (🇸🇲 San Marino 2021), You Let Me Walk Alone (🇩🇪 Germany 2018), Too Late For Love (🇸🇪 Sweden 2019), Death Of Us (🇳🇴 MGP 2022) as well as collaborated with such artists as Arash (🇦🇿 Azerbaijan 2009) and more." (с)

ogaeazerbaijan​

Last edited:

hijirio

Veteran

empo21

Veteran
I've stopped expecting change from :az: a long time ago, so I'm very hyped seeing the songwriters and the songs they've been credited

crashworld

Veteran
So I guess it's going to be in 99% English or non-Azerbaijani. Then he needs to work on his enunciation coz I've read that he has very poor diction.

Mainshow

Veteran
Personally, I think that Azerbaijan somehow got a lot of criticism from fans the country didn´t really deserve.

Even if they ask Scandinavian composers or songwriters to tailor some songs for them, they usually spice it up with including a few Azerbaijani sounds/instruments/chants - like mugham (2012, 2019) or balaban and thus, there entries somehow adds a new favor to the Eurovision stage.
A few entries even got an Azerbaijani producer (like 2017 and even 2020/21 if I´m not mistaken).

I´m not excited about this entry, tbh, especially since it´s songwriters from Denmark and Norway again but I just hope that Azerbaijan will include some ethno-elements again - just for the sake of diversity.

Loindici

Veteran
Eh.

ArmpitOfEurope

THIS!

Many people think Azerbaijan is not doing well as before because they stopped cheating, but I can tell from my close observation that since they accomplished victory in 2011 and hosted in 2012, the public interest as well as the broadcaster's interest in the contest has gone only downhill. You can clearly tell they are no longer in it to win it. They just want to send a safe and respectable entry.

No I disagree, they do try, they just lost their magic touch like Greece and Romania. These 3 countries are struggling to adapt to the new, more modern ( jury heavy ) era of Eurovision.
Greece has been making progress the last two years, Romania is dead in the water for another year, Azerbaijan will probably have a solid entry that qualifies and finished outside the top 10 again.

Top Bottom