'Cause there’s nothing to regret
Well, this is not what I wanted
Guess all the good things come to an end

So baby bye, bye
Wish you the best
But most of alI I wish that I could love you less
Well, maybe you're right
I'll find someone else
You say it isn't me, but when did that ever help?

Hold me closer
Although you'll leave before the sunrise
I'll be bleeding, but don't you mind, I'll be fine
Oh, it kills me
I found the right one at the wrong time
But until the sunrise
Hold tight, hold tight

Maybe it happened too fast
I guess that I understand
You say that you've never felt this way for anyone
And that's why it scares you to death

So baby bye, bye
Know it's for the best
Still I can't see how that would ease the pain in my chest

Hold me closer
I'll be bleeding, but don't you, mind I'll be fine
Oh, it kills me
But until the sunrise
Could you just hold me tight?
I know, I have to let go, but just give me the night

'Cause tomorrow will hurt
Hurt really bad
'Cause I’m about to lose the best I ever had

Hold me closer
I'll be bleeding, but don't you mind, I'll be fine
Oh, it kills me
But until the sunrise
Could you just hold me tight?
I know, I have to let go, but just give me the night (Hold me tight, hold me tight)

Can't you see that you found the right one at the wrong time?
It was just the wrong time
Hold tight, hold tight

LoveHate

I think there might be some recency bias in the odds when it comes to Anders vs Cornelia. Wasn’t Hold Me Closer banned/geoblocked in Sweden for the past three weeks?

I have nothing against Anders Bagge, but that song is too bland and such a potpourri of clichés.

MopManMoss

Veteran
If Sweden sends Cornelia it will be the first time I ever vote for Sweden and the first time since Loreen that I actually like the Swedish entry, it just feels so authentic and raw unlike the last decade of Sweden's over manufactured by the numbers artificial polished pop

Jonkonfui

Yesterday watching youtube I saw a video titled 'my top 40 Melodifestivalen songs'. Are there 40 songs in this Melodifestivalen thing? In the same year?.

blue00eyes

I recognize Anders from Idol jury I think.. I can see him winning. I also liked Klara and Faith.
The rest is pretty average, MF this year is overall weaker, below my expectations.

CPV4931

After knowing all the song, it´s a very strong MF imo... I so would wish for Lisa to win, wouldn´t be fine with Anders Bagge to win.
So looking forward to go to Friends Arena in 2 weeks for the first Eurovision related event after Corona (Except one fan club meeting) :-)

I bims

Veteran
God I can't stop listening to "Hold me Closer" on spotify. This is probably the type of song NDR is looking for, it is radio-friendly and just nails the german music taste to a T for the most part, schlager lovers here would love this to death and (deutsch-)pop fans as well.
Cornelia would get a lot of points from Germany. Jury and Televote.

EDIT: YES she's leading the odds again! (and Sweden as a whole rose in the odds as well because of it)

Krishoes

I like Cornelia's song because, despite coming from a songwriting camp made specifically for Melodifestivalen, it sounds like a genuine song that comes from a genuine artistic need and this is really rare in what Sweden gives us at Eurovision.

Schlagerman1

After what has been one of the weakest years in modern Melodifestivalen history...I still have made my yearly check on how MF would go in my taste (with total top 28 placement when eliminated):

MAD20

I don't usually follow Melodifestivalen but this year there's something that has captivated me from Cornelia's song. Let her win Sweden and you'll be back in top 10!

Sabrewulf238

How likely is Cornelia to win this years Melodifestivalen?

I'm really hoping we'll get some more entries this year I can really get behind. (So far I'd say I only feel really passionate about Norway, Lithuania and Italy) Hold Me Closer will almost certainly be in my top 5 if it wins. (definitely top 10)

popavapeur

I hate ballads to the core and my fave is Cornelia. It says a lot about the reach this song can have in Turin.
btw my BF is a non-ESC fan and from all the songs already chosen + melfest, his fave is also Cornelia. He has been listening the song on repeat for the past 4 weeks.

I don't get Anders btw, like what the actual f with the windows 11 wallpaper staging in the back and the deer coming say hello and whatnot??? (the song is cute though)

Hope Cazzi makes it to the final, also rooting for Tone and Alvarro this next week.

Tenori robbed

Top Bottom