Contact us

NSC Statistics & Trivia

dogmeat

Waiting for old nations to withdraw is my primary method of moving up this table.
k0GKzib.png

Sabrewulf238

Dalisska's voting similarity:

Top 5:
1. Lacrea ::lac - 63%
2. Serenes ::ser - 61%
3. Gvozdmost ::uje - 58%
4. Tybalteva ::tyb - 53%
5. Kamandé ::kam - 47%

Bottom 5:
1. Calypso ::cal - 2%
2. New Acadia - 3%
2. New Bander State ::nbs - 3%
4. Begonia ::beg - 4%
5. Slagensala - 4%

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member
Aimuvian Islands are the new Trollkuzeme
OWfINyU.png

I think I probably already asked this question a long time ago, but what is the precise formula for these voting similarities?

I know it's something like "multiply Nation A's points given to Nation X by Nation B's points given to Nation X and sum over all X" and then you divide by the maximum possible score, but I can't remember exactly how it's handled when Nation A or Nation B is in the final. Do you count Nation A voting for Nation B as a score of 12*p where p is the number of points given (and increase the number you divide by accordingly)? Or is it something different?

I'm mostly asking this because I'm wondering how much of an effect two nations 12ing each other has on the % similarity.

Last edited:

theditz83

Veteran
I think I probably already asked this question a long time ago, but what is the precise formula for these voting similarities?

I know it's something like "multiply Nation A's points given to Nation X by Nation B's points given to Nation X and sum over all X" and then you divide by the maximum possible score, but I can't remember exactly how it's handled when Nation A or Nation B is in the final. Do you count Nation A voting for Nation B as a score of 12*p where p is the number of points given (and increase the number you divide by accordingly)? Or is it something different?

I'm mostly asking this because I'm wondering how much of an effect two nations 12ing each other has on the % similarity.
Trying to find the post that @Alevender posted in the WV forum before about this, as that's how I taught myself to do the WLSC ones a while back. Will need to reconfirm how it's done - I do have a template excel doc with formulae that calculates everything for you, but can't actually remember the actual equations at the moment.

But giving 12 to each other does carry slightly more weight (in very simple terms, basically the closer your higher points are to each other (including reciprocal votes), the higher your % similarity score will be).

dogmeat

When a nation is in the final, they count as if they gave 12 to themselves, 10 to their actual 12, 8 to their 10, and so on.

In excel I have 4 sheets.
In sheet 1 I paste the final scoreboard
Sheet 2 modifies the scoreboard like I described above
Sheet 3 calculates the similarities like you described ("multiply Nation A's points given to Nation X by Nation B's points given to Nation X and sum over all X")
Finally, sheet 4 is empty formatting (proper colors, font etc.), where I copypaste values from sheet 3

Last edited:

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member
When a nation is in the final, they count as if they gave 12 to themselves, 10 to their actual 12, 8 to their 10, and so on.
Ooh ok, that's slightly different to what I thought. So in this case their 1 has zero effect on the % similarity?

And that means both nations being in the final and 12ing each other has the same effect as neither being in the final and each 12ing the other nation's 10. So in other words, having the same 12 contributes 144 points to the score whereas 12ing each other contributes 240 points. BUT the theoretical maximum is 4 points lower if you're both in the final. So you can only get 100% similarity if at least one nation is not in the final (unless you modify the divisor). Interesting.

Alevender

Super Moderator
Staff member
Trying to find the post that @Alevender posted in the WV forum before about this, as that's how I taught myself to do the WLSC ones a while back. Will need to reconfirm how it's done - I do have a template excel doc with formulae that calculates everything for you, but can't actually remember the actual equations at the moment.

But giving 12 to each other does carry slightly more weight (in very simple terms, basically the closer your higher points are to each other (including reciprocal votes), the higher your % similarity score will be).
This explanation I believe? It's been part of the #1 post of that thread since then.

About 1-pointers: some contests use the same formula where your 1 (if qualified) is 0,5 instead of 0, but there is no real difference if e.g. members in target have both qualified AND have the same voting + 12 are being given to each other: 0,9910 vs 0,9916 which both result in total of 99%. But that can, of course, be used if you want to be as precise as it is possible and count in account each part of vote regardless of its power, but the real change compared to formula where 1 when qualified = 0 will be relatively small. I also think that nothing should be changed about your own entry when qualified being your 12, your 12 → 10 etc. because it helps to notice some interesting voting patterns between participants which are important when it comes to pots.

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
Hello hello! The qualification percentage ranking is back once again!

- let's welcome the newcomers of our chart: Mormadorei, which recently made its NSC debut and Dalisska, the returnee!
- the NSC 203 debutant Tcher-Racoi is also mentioned here, but not included in the chart, because it has yet to reach the required three participations.

! Ic-Sa-Calli now includes their entries as Nállanot as well, because a nation with a new name can't be considered completely new, if the user doesn't go through the WL completely from scratch, so it was just a name change. Thanks to @Fearnavigatr for pointing it out!

NSC 203 update
sL6v6gP.png

1) PQ = qualification
2) if the percentage is equal, the preference is given to nations with more participations
3) new nations are going to be included only after three participations
4) green background means that nation qualified (or PQ) in the current edition
5) red background means that nation failed to qualify in the current edition
6) differences between previous positions and current ones are indicated as well

I tried to be as accurate as possible, but if you notice any inaccuracies, please let me know and I'll fix them!

NSC 199 chart
NSC 193 chart
[clickable]

doctormalisimo

Highest points total achieved by current nations:

260 ::rum
257 ::rah
245 ::bel
243 ::cal
240 ::aim
239 ::cyd
237 ::hyp
235 ::beg
234 ::ugl
225 ::doi
225 ::kad
224 ::per
223 ::zch
222 ::riy
216 ::dal
212 ::rld
206 ::ins
206 ::ora
206 ::bal
206 ::nal
205 ::kim
204 ::tro
203 ::che
203 ::luz
200 ::tan
199 ::ems
197 ::ser
196 ::ros
195 ::fer
194 ::vyl
193 ::taa
192 ::adb
190 ::moi
189 ::nbs
187 ::ufe
187 ::ous
186 ::bif
185 ::hal
184 ::com
184 ::lac
183 ::sun
181 ::grf
180 ::yap
180 ::tuz
179 ::eff
179 ::slf
179 ::szk
176 ::sak
175 ::sol
174 ::kam
170 ::svo
163 ::red
162 ::big
157 ::ari
153 ::mat
152 ::tad
143 ::tyb
139 ::tch
136 ::mor
106 ::pyr
--- ::uto

dogmeat

Here's the points gathered in last 3 editions. The question everyone's asking: will Pyreica get to 300 before Calypso and Hypjo?

OCNFt94.png

ygb9Djs.png

HtVltI9.png

Top Bottom