Ne bo te več in gledam te
Ko brez mene z drugim stran odhajaš
Hočem te
A ti drugemu srce oddajaš
Pleševa
Ampak to je le v mojih sanjah
Ne, ne bo te nazaj

Carian

I see that 2 of my faves and my no1 based on studio snippets (CAS JE) didn't qualify.. :eek:
Hope it wasn't robbed, just didn't work well live..
Have to check performances!!
I was very disappointed with the live of Bowrain and Le Serpentine, but Batista Cadillac came out of nowhere and totally impressed me. July has very loud supporters on the RTV forum who are constantly making obnoxious comments such as: "Oh, July is da best, she must go to Torino, but Slovenians who only like the local turbo folk music have no taste in music and they will not select her. "
I mean, it is really off-puting. July is good, but why do you need to be mean towards other people?!?!?!

• Undo my Sad
Reactions: Mrm

aef

Girls can do anything doesn’t work for me. I really don’t like the song and I’m not so sure about her vocals either…

My favourite still is LUMA though I preferred their looks and movements in EMA FRES. All in all it would be a decent choice vor Eurovision without any doubt.

CPV4931

Wanted Batista and Manouche to qualify tonight and both did, so obviously satisfied with the result

Mrm

Veteran
I was very disappointed with the live of Bowrain and Le Serpentine, but Batista Cadillac came out of nowhere and totally impressed me. July has very loud supporters on the RTV forum who are constantly making obnoxious comments such as: "Oh, July is da best, she must go to Torino, but Slovenians who only like the local turbo folk music have no taste in music and they will not select her. "
I mean, it is really off-puting. July is good, but why do you need to be mean towards other people?!?!?!
Yeah, such a shame.. :(

Watching and istening to the entries which qualified now on yt, when you organize EMA the same night as your big neighbor the 5th SERATA!!!! :mad: :mad:

aef

I think EMA FRES should be the original NF next year! It has a higher quality level than the big EMA in my opinion

tuorem

Great to see you back again!! xrunhug
xkiss You too Sir Kitty!!! xheart

July Jones from EMA wrote "Kaos" for Raiven. :eek:
Indeed, hence why she deserves respect for eternity and a day. :cool:

@tuorem where were you during ema freš? You have to check them out. Ina's voice is similar to Raiven's and De liri has a harp:mrgreen:
Since I could not follow the online pre-selection rounds, I ended up forgetting the date of the show... :( When I realised it, I wanted to wait for EMA to start before catching up. Thank you for the links: indeed Ina's got a similar voice, nice boob adjustment too at 00:20 :LOL: I take it she did not advance? It was fine imo.

I finally got to listen to "Girls Can Do Anything", and... it's better than I thought it would be. I don't know why for some reason I thought she would bring basic-bih stuff a la Tamta's Replay or something. This is definitely edgier and I like the effort put into the staging and styling as well. Girl can sing too. My only complaint - as it has been pointed out - is that it's a bit repetitive towards the end, the softly-spoken part does not help in this regard.

With that being said though, it was imho one of the two viable options this semi had for Turin.

I seize this opportunity to hereby declare the LUMA promotional campaign by yours truly open. :LOL: I really had an instant-fave moment with "All In" and would be thrilled to see it performed at Eurovision. I would even dare to say Slovenia would be a lock in semi 1.

BUT I am patiently waiting for all the good stuff semi 2 might have to offer. I am intrigued by what BBQ's "Maj" sauce will taste like tbh. I didn't think they would try again actually.

EscGeek

Veteran
I finally got to listen to "Girls Can Do Anything", and... it's better than I thought it would be. I don't know why for some reason I thought she would bring basic-bih stuff a la Tamta's Replay or something.

That's funny because i thought she was gonna go the artsy-fartsy route, but she managed to please us both, i guess :LOL:

Mrm

Veteran
I chekced all qualifiers..
Okay I rank the EMA final for now:

Luma - "All In" 9/10 - clearly the best and most interesting in this semi
July Jones - "Girls Can Do Anything" 8/10 - a bit of a let down, I expected more, it gets too repetitive..
Batista Cadillac - "Mim pravil" 5/10 - vocals are really good, it soudns like in astudio version :eek:, but this is so not for me
Stela Sofia - "Tu in zdaj" 4/10 - very boring :(
Manouche - "Si sama?" 4/10 - again good vocals, but so not for me..
David Amaro - "Še vedno si lepa" 3/10 - whata disappointment, it is so cheesy, i imagined it totally different based on snippet, and that red suite, GOSH, CRINGE!!!

Bowrain & Brina were weaker vocally and a bit of a let down too, still should be in the final IMO...

ESC94

xkiss You too Sir Kitty!!! xheart

Indeed, hence why she deserves respect for eternity and a day. :cool:

Since I could not follow the online pre-selection rounds, I ended up forgetting the date of the show... :( When I realised it, I wanted to wait for EMA to start before catching up. Thank you for the links: indeed Ina's got a similar voice, nice boob adjustment too at 00:20 :LOL: I take it she did not advance? It was fine imo.

I finally got to listen to "Girls Can Do Anything", and... it's better than I thought it would be. I don't know why for some reason I thought she would bring basic-bih stuff a la Tamta's Replay or something. This is definitely edgier and I like the effort put into the staging and styling as well. Girl can sing too. My only complaint - as it has been pointed out - is that it's a bit repetitive towards the end, the softly-spoken part does not help in this regard.

With that being said though, it was imho one of the two viable options this semi had for Turin.

I seize this opportunity to hereby declare the LUMA promotional campaign by yours truly open. :LOL: I really had an instant-fave moment with "All In" and would be thrilled to see it performed at Eurovision. I would even dare to say Slovenia would be a lock in semi 1.

BUT I am patiently waiting for all the good stuff semi 2 might have to offer. I am intrigued by what BBQ's "Maj" sauce will taste like tbh. I didn't think they would try again actually.

I sent you a message my friend. ;)

Carian

Batista Cadillac - lyrics and bad english translation:

Začniva, preden se dan konča, Let's start, before the day ends,
dovoli, da se malo iščeva, Allow us to seek each other for a while
zapri oči, zdaj sama sva. Close your eyes, now we are alone.
Izzivam te, da kaj več izvem, I dare you so that I can find out more,
povej mi s telesom, ali smem, Tell me with your body, if I may,
in boš razmišljala potem. You can think about it later.

Chorus
Dokler si nisva le spomin, As long as we are not only each other's memory,
ti pokazal bom način, I will show you a way
kako prevedeš na telo, How you translate onto the body
kar misliš si. What you think.
Greva vse do konca, Let's go all the way,
greva k teb' ker upava. Let's go to your place, hopefully,
Ni pravila. There are no rules
Greva vse do konca Let's go all the way,
in odmisliva vse, Aside from everything
mim' pravil odpeljem te. And against the rules I will take off with you.
(Odpeljem te.) (I will take off with you.)
Mim' pravil. Against the rules.

Okusil bi tvoj nasmeh, I wanna taste your smile,
si zlil v kozarec, kar imaš v očeh, I wanna pour into glas what you carry in your eyes,
in ti razkril, kaj vse ni greh. And reveal to you everything that is not a sin.
Ne potrebujeva besed, We don't need words,
z dotikom ti bom narisal sled, I will draw you clue (on your skin) with my touch
da me kasneje najdeš spet. So that you can find me later again.

Chorus...

In Slovenian - this sounds extremely good.

tuorem

@Carian I can see Batista Cadillac do super well with the juries tbh. That was a great effort. It could be this year's Fed Horses, but better imo.

Not sure what the televoters will think, but then again, Slovenians are full of surprises when it comes to voting, so anything can happen. :LOL: I am always so scared.

Carian

@Carian I can see Batista Cadillac do super well with the juries tbh. That was a great effort. It could be this year's Fed Horses, but better imo.

Not sure what the televoters will think, but then again, Slovenians are full of surprises when it comes to voting, so anything can happen. :LOL: I am always so scared.
Batista will not win, that is for sure, but they will get good PR this year. People argue about July, but I couldn't care less. It will be pretty funny if the history repeats itself.

Zala and Gašper defeated Kaos written by July.
Luma, replicated Zala and Gašper, defeat July.

Fate has a sense of irony. xcheers

Mrm

Veteran
Batista will not win, that is for sure, but they will get good PR this year. People argue about July, but I couldn't care less. It will be pretty funny if the history repeats itself.

You act like the second semi does not exist.. :p

Vedran Ljubenko - "H2O dieta" xheya xdance2 xmusic xcheer

Etanna

I only heard a couple songs yesterday in between other shows so I re-listened to them now and am pleased than my favourites qualified. Both July Jones's 'Girls Can Do Anything' and Luma's 'All In' are really good efforts and would make nice Eurovision entries. 'All In', in particular, is quite magical.

I also enjoyed 'Čas Je' by Bowrain and Brina but it seemed to be missing something, I'm not quite sure what. It's a pity it did not make it. 'Si Sama' by Manouche is also a very fun entry and a deserved qualifier.

Overall, it was a very high-quality semi-final and I'm looking forward to the second one. Slovenia would deserve to finally get a better placing at Eurovision, they've been getting robbed despite sending good songs.

tuorem

I would add the Soklič / Kuduzović duel where many (including me) thought the youth-friendly and mainstream "Man Like U" would easily get the trophy against the slow burner "Voda"... Hence why nothing should be taken for granted in EMA imo.

Does July have a fanbase? Maybe that could work in her favour.

Who do you think were jury / televoter qualifiers last night? :unsure:

By the way, is this year's EMA system similar to the one we had in 2017? Two semis, one final with the winner being chosen by a combination of jury votes / televotes? No superfinal then?

I've read comments here and there from foreign ESC fans who are still traumatised by the 2017 precedent. :LOL: Clearly they'd like to get into the hype but they're afraid something random will pip the sensible options at the post in the end.

I swore not to get emotionally invested in EMA anymore, but somehow there always is a reason to. xheat

mauve

Veteran
I have to admit that I neglected EMA this year a little. I just caught up and listened to the first finalists. I have two artists that I really like:

July Jones - "Girls Can Do Anything"
Batista Cadillac - "Mim pravil"

Would support both! :love:

Need to listen to SF2.

Top Bottom