Contact us

EUROVISION 2022 - General Discussion Thread

escYOUnited

Administrator
Please post any and all discussions regarding the contest itself, host country and city, organisation, rumours and other topics not related to any specific country's selection process.

mauve

Veteran
Like last year, follow everything xD
Then be happy that you have only two festivals to follow today ... there will be days where you need 4 or even 5 streams. xstars

heke1988

272018821_1838581582992699_7090781499934616652_n.jpg

Got bored so I decided to make my version of rumored logo for Eurovision 2022

Instead of Infine Melody slogan should be "Rock'n Roll Never Dies"

Mainshow

Veteran
The EBU just announced the pots doe the semi allocation draw.

Mainshow

Veteran
Bulgaria ended up being in Pot 4 together with Greece, Cyprus, Malta, San Marino and Portugal xD

heke1988

Bulgaria ended up being in Pot 4 together with Greece, Cyprus, Malta, San Marino and Portugal xD

And Australia Pot 2 together with Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden :eek:

Mainshow

Veteran
And Australia Pot 2 together with Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden :eek:

Haven´t they been in the same pot recently? - I can´t remember it anymore... I know that Australia has been placed in the same pot with Belgium at the beginning due to the huge "What´s The Pressure" exchange (?) but if I recall it correctly Australia has been treated as a "Nordic" country for a few editions, though

heke1988

Haven´t they been in the same pot recently? - I can´t remember it anymore... I know that Australia has been placed in the same pot with Belgium at the beginning due to the huge "What´s The Pressure" exchange (?) but if I recall it correctly Australia has been treated as a "Nordic" country for a few editions, though

Yeah, you are right (I checked it). But it is kinda weird, because Australia is easternmost country in Eurovision. Ireland or Estonia would make lot of most sense with Nordic countries.

Mainshow

Veteran
Yeah, you are right (I checked it). But it is kinda weird, because Australia is easternmost country in Eurovision. Ireland or Estonia would make lot of most sense with Nordic countries.
I somehow agree but I think that the EBU is just taking the very last few editions into account to determine these pots.
It is still strange to place San Marino in any of them since they can´t come up with an own televoting on their own but I can still remember that back in 2019, the "made up televoting for that country" awarded huge points to Greece/Cyprus - which is still super strange because apart from San Marino awarding 10 pts to Greece in "their televoting" only Cyprus awarded points to Greece that year (12 pts).

I seriously think that San Marino should be allowed to come up with a 1000 - viewers voting panel on their own because these fake televoting points are utterly ridiculous and pathetic and they even lead to more questionable actions such as pairing San Marino with Cyprus and Greece into the same "pot".

I mean, historically speaking (Eurovision-wise) it would have made more sense to place Moldova and Bulgaria into the same category or even Moldova-Russia (since Russia always awards its 12 pts [jury/televoting] to Moldova whenever Kirkorov is involved in the Moldovan Eurovision entry).

esc87fan

Allocation draw starts at 6am my time, hopefully the ESC YouTube channel will not have it blocked for when I get a chance to watch it

NemesisNick

I've seen the six pots for the Eurovision Song Contest 2022 Semi-Final Allocation Draw, which is due to take place on Tuesday 25 January at 12:00 CET live from Palazzo Madama e Casaforte degli Acaja (Madama Palace), Turin.

The allocation of the countries to the pots is interesting. Pots 1, 2 and 3 are quite straightforward:
Pot 1: Former Yugoslavia + Albania
Pot 2: Nordic + Australia
Pot 3: Former USSR (non Baltic) + Israel

The remaining three pots are less obvious, but I notice the following
Pot 4: Greece and Cyprus (famous pair) + various others (Malta, Bulgaria, Portugal, San Marino)
Pot 5: Baltic countries (Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania) + Moldova / Romania pairing (they are now very much another Greece-Cyprus partnership) + Poland
Pot 6: Benelux + Central Europe (Austria, Switzerland, Czech Republic) + Ireland.

I'm mystified as to the allocation of Poland and Ireland. I'd have thought Poland ought to be in Pot 6 just like Austria, Switzerland and Czech Republic (Central Europe) and Ireland ought to be in Pot 5.

As for putting Malta, Bulgaria, Portugal, San Marino into Pot 4 with Greece and Cyprus, I see no logic whatsoever. Obviously Malta, Bulgaria, Portugal, San Marino had to be put somewhere, but this little group seems a bit random to me.

Interestingly, each pot has six countries, so that's six equal sized pots (6 x 6 = 36 = the number of countries which need to battle their way through one of the semi-finals). You can't get much fairer than that.

Mainshow

Veteran
As for putting Malta, Bulgaria, Portugal, San Marino into Pot 4 with Greece and Cyprus, I see no logic whatsoever. Obviously Malta, Bulgaria, Portugal, San Marino had to be put somewhere, but this little group seems a bit random to me.
I somehow agree but I think that the EBU is just taking the very last few editions into account to determine these pots.
It is still strange to place San Marino in any of them since they can´t come up with an own televoting on their own but I can still remember that back in 2019, the "made up televoting for that country" awarded huge points to Greece/Cyprus - which is still super strange because apart from San Marino awarding 10 pts to Greece in "their televoting" only Cyprus awarded points to Greece that year (12 pts).

I seriously think that San Marino should be allowed to come up with a 1000 - viewers voting panel on their own because these fake televoting points are utterly ridiculous and pathetic and they even lead to more questionable actions such as pairing San Marino with Cyprus and Greece into the same "pot".

Mainshow

Veteran
I was hoping for a light theme from Italy (white-green etc) not another purple black one :/

Same here. I know that these colours look great on TV when the scoreboard is shown but seriously, I am so sick and tired of all these dark/purple/black background we´ve been facing for almost 10 years now!

DanielLuis

Hopefully there's some other element missing to the logo because that is as basic as it can get

Top Bottom