Contact us

The italian city candidate for host esc 2022

if Bologna ever gets the 2022 hosting rights, I hope they will do it in the Pavilion 37 of the Fiera instead of Unipol Arena. why?
  • The Pavilion is numerically more spacious than Unipol (184 metres by 80 metres, as against 120 metres by 45 metres in Unipol, despite Unipol winning in height, 30 metres against 22 metres).
  • The Pavilion 37 will reportedly be the new home venue of Virtus Bologna basketball team, replacing the temporary Segafredo Arena (Segafredo is in the Pavilion 30 of the same Fiera). to compare, Pavilion 30 has the capacity of around 9000 seats for basketball, while Pavilion 37 for the same sport can accommodate around 16,000 spectators.
  • It will be somewhat similar to the halls 4 and 5 of Palexpo (which is in my wishlist for Switzerland should they win Eurovision again in the future), which are convention centre halls converted into arenas (they have been used for Davis Cup and Laver Cup). Even the hall 4 of Palexpo is somehow more spacious (172 metres by 88 metres) than Unipol, despite Unipol winning again in height (30 against hall 4's 18).
  • Scheduling. Unipol is already occupied at the time of stage construction and rehearsals, while there hasn't been any major event in the Pavilion 37 at the designated timeslot.

Franco

At this point, I hope they pick Torino for no other reason than they have the perfect red carpet spot at the Venaria Reale gardens.

veneria-reale.jpg

iwanna belovewithyou

At this point, I hope they pick Torino for no other reason than they have the perfect red carpet spot at the Venaria Reale gardens.

veneria-reale.jpg

I think are better lungo Po, river's Po, or Murazzi quarters too, maybe Valentino park are both for red carpet, Valentino park is a good place for gay crusing too....

iwanna belovewithyou

today is September 14th and there is no news yet, the rai does not say anything, and this is very strange we do not know the dates yet, the Eurovision is a very expensive show and it takes a long time to prepare it apart from the edition of the 2011 that everything was known in October, the 2022 edition still nothing is known. On September 13th we heard about tel aviv but now it is already very late, when the esc was held in israel the media and the israeli tv talked a lot about it, but nothing from the rai. Even the alleged presenter Cattellan he has denied everything, will not present the esc.

sucof

today is September 14th and there is no news yet, the rai does not say anything, and this is very strange we do not know the dates yet, the Eurovision is a very expensive show and it takes a long time to prepare it apart from the edition of the 2011 that everything was known in October, the 2022 edition still nothing is known. On September 13th we heard about tel aviv but now it is already very late, when the esc was held in israel the media and the israeli tv talked a lot about it, but nothing from the rai. Even the alleged presenter Cattellan he has denied everything, will not present the esc.
you must understand that Rai is a large public TV (the second in Europe), besides and before Eurovision it must think about planning the Sanremo festival (which is expensive like Eurovision is more difficult to organize every year) and all the internal dynamics of production of the various shows of the winter and spring season, so Eurovision does not have absolute priority.

sucof

The more time passes, the more Rai and Ebu save money ;-)

However, there is an indiscretion published in today's edition of la Repubblica which speaks of a strong relaunch in economic terms by Rimini to try to convince Rai and EBU (European Broadcasting Union) to bring the show to the Riviera.

Turin believes in it, it applied immediately, and ended up in the shortlist of the five finalists. Now he has to deal with Rimini's attempt to up the ante, which would have put 6 million euros on the plate.

And these days Turin is trying to put together a base to relaunch, to get to put on the plate more than what the competitors have put up, reaching almost 7 million. These are the figures that are circulating but there is no confirmation.

We are able to confirm that in the course of the meetings it had with the various municipalities, Rai did not talk about figures, but it must be said that those provided by the Republic are absolutely credible and in line with what has been allocated by almost all the cities that have hosted in recent times

EscUKFan

So Twitter seem convinced it’s Turin this morning?

I do hope so!

sucof

OFFICIAL!
It's TORINO, host MIKA and Alessandro Cattelan.
let's get ready to explode the social networks hahaha

Last edited:

sucof

Finally! Torino is a good choice but this took forever. I hope this won't set the tone on how long RAI decides literally anything for this hosting.
last Sunday the municipal elections were held in Italy.
Rai wanted to give the news after the elections for a matter of political correctness and to have confirmation from the new city administration that it would win.

iwanna belovewithyou

am I wrong to ask myself if there is no other news about esc 2022? We know the city and the participating countries, nothing else RAI is very silent about

Ajeje Brazorf

am I wrong to ask myself if there is no other news about esc 2022? We know the city and the participating countries, nothing else RAI is very silent about

Sorry to say that, but no more news. Nothing at all. We are treating ESC like a countryside feast more than an international musical festival and I'm extremely worried for next year. Hope to be wrong. After a long wait we won and now all is silent, just shameful! I don't know what to think... We are in November, NF's coming soon and all is silent. RAI wake up and wake up soon, for God's sake!

Last edited:
Top Bottom