Contact us

WV Spin-Off 145 - Worldvision Euro Cup - The Show ! Results : Tonight at 22h CET

Looren

Veteran
Hi everyone ! Welcome to the WV's Euro Cup 2021 ! Am Morocco2021, your lovely host !

8z7k.png

FabiESC

So we send our full ranking right?
You can use the normal system of voting also, the voting system doesn't change, it's just the presentation of the results that is changing ;)
It was not the plan to be the normal system, but system has change, because nobody ask me, it's sad, but it's ok. But i never suggestion themes like this......

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
It was not the plan to be the normal system, but system has change, because nobody ask me, it's sad, but it's ok. But i never suggestion themes like this......

Well why not explain it then?

I did wonder myself, as I can't imagine any format like this being possible with just a normal 12 to 1 voting system.

FabiESC

Well why not explain it then?

I did wonder myself, as I can't imagine any format like this being possible with just a normal 12 to 1 voting system.

The plan was everbody sends a full ranking, the host can then compare in each duel who like which song more. The higher ranked song/country gets to Goal.

For example for the Group Phase:

Group A:
Turkey - Italy: 12 - 12 both gets 1 point
Wales - Switzerland: 10 -14 CH gets 3 points
Turkey - Wales: 11 - 13 Wales gets 3 Points
Italy - Switzerland: 9 - 15 CH gets 3 Points
Turkey - Switzerland: 8 - 16 CH gets 3 Points
Italy - Wales: 12- 12 both gets 1 Point

Which means....
1st Place Switzerland 9 points qualifier next round
2nd Place Wales 4 points qualifier next round
3rd Place Italy 2 poins can qualifer with good goal difference
4th Place Turkey 1 point OUT

And so on, with everybody send a full ranking, the Host needs only to compare in every duel, who is higher, the country get's a goal.
It maybe take some more work for the host, but at the end the spin-off has same length and we would have the full Euro Cup experience, as i plan it would be.
I'm not sure, with a normal ESC Style voting, how this will work, i think it will be more a normal spin-off.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
The plan was everbody sends a full ranking, the host can then compare in each duel who like which song more. The higher ranked song/country gets to Goal.

Group A:

Which means....

And so on, with everybody send a full ranking, the Host needs only to compare in every duel, who is higher, the country get's a goal.
It maybe take some more work for the host, but at the end the spin-off has same length and we would have the full Euro Cup experience, as i plan it would be.
I'm not sure, with a normal ESC Style voting, how this will work, i think it will be more a normal spin-off.

So basically it's just a series of a duels and converting it to a euros format - this is what I thought the format was going to be after you clarified in the poll thread.

Looren

Veteran

Group A:

Which means....

Okay I understand now, will ask to those who sended me their votes to send full rankings !

Sweden's song is "La Morena" and nothing else. :)

Sorry for the error, will fix it when I'll be on my laptop !

ShoeFlo

Ekholmia

I started ranking the songs yesterday, but just so I understand this right.

There are 24 songs, if I exclude my own entry there are 23 left. Should I rank the songs from 1 - 23. Where 1 is for the best one and 23 is for the worst one?

Is this what you guys mean by ranking all songs?

Uto

Veteran
I started ranking the songs yesterday, but just so I understand this right.

There are 24 songs, if I exclude my own entry there are 23 left. Should I rank the songs from 1 - 23. Where 1 is for the best one and 23 is for the worst one?

Is this what you guys mean by ranking all songs?

Normally just a top 10 ranked from best to worst is enough.

1. Country A - 12 pts
2. Country B - 10 pts
3. Country C - 8 pts
4. Country D - 7 pts
10. Country J - 1 pt

Of course the host is smart enough to assign the points themselves, so even that isn't strictly necessary.

This time it seems we have to do full results, so 23 songs all ranked.

ShoeFlo

:dk: send its full ranking.

I disliked almost half of the entries

My 1st place is extremly obvious, my 2nd and 3rd place would at best get low points in a WorldVision edition

other than that, the groups are a little unbalanced for my taste. My third favorite of one group is much better than my favorite of another group xcrazy

despite all that, I really look forward to the reveal of the qualifiers for the Round of 16 xcheer

Looren

Veteran
Information :
The result show might be two or three days after the deadline, I don't have my old computer anymore so I try learning how to make banners on the new one :lol:

Amir

Veteran
:en: has voted. There were 3-4 songs I liked, that saved this spin-off from being the worst I’ve ever participated in…

EDC0708

:wale: has voted, I thought I everyone did a really good job with song selections, lots of variety, with some tough decisions to make in the ranking. I agree that some groups seem stronger than others, but that happens sometimes in football tournaments! Good luck everyone!

JamieBrown

Portugal has voted ... randomly drawed the places from #10 downwards ... sent its ranking to the host :censored:

May we skip Group C please and give two free tickets to the QF? :p

Looren

Veteran
Announcement :

We have the results ! But there is a tie in an eliminatory game, so I will search for 3 additionaly voters, the decision will be yours guys ! So, someone who wants to be an additionaly voter should declare him/herself here ! I'll tell you which are those countries in pm and you'll be able to vote !

It starts NOW !

Top Bottom