Contact us

Slovakia SLOVAKIA 2022 - not taking part

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

ESC94

Let´s see when they´ll announce that they won´t come back. August?? July?? June?? Shortly after the ESC in May?? Bets are accepted from now on!! ;)

Mainshow

Veteran

rasmuslights

Veteran
June it is.

well :( I really don't know why aren't they coming back... I know for a fact RTVS doesn't really have money issues at least not to such an extent like Bosnia/Micronations have...

I doubt it's for being ultra-conservative like Hungary (probably) and Turkey.

So is it really just the fact that people aren't into it? but charts are saying sth. else + I'm lowkey sure that Slovaks are more interested in esc than Czechs...

It's just strange... for all countries I kinda get their reasoning - for Slovakia, I just don't get it.

ESC94

well :( I really don't know why aren't they coming back... I know for a fact RTVS doesn't really have money issues at least not to such an extent like Bosnia/Micronations have...

I doubt it's for being ultra-conservative like Hungary (probably) and Turkey.

So is it really just the fact that people aren't into it? but charts are saying sth. else + I'm lowkey sure that Slovaks are more interested in esc than Czechs...

It's just strange... for all countries I kinda get their reasoning - for Slovakia, I just don't get it.

That doesn´t say anything to be honest. I really adore "Love Me like You Do" by Ellie Goulding, but at the same time I couldn´t care less about "Fifty Shades of Grey", the movie this song is the soundtrack of.

CPV4931

So the first ... - Not taking part of the year. Expected but still sad

rasmuslights

Veteran
That doesn´t say anything to be honest. I really adore "Love Me like You Do" by Ellie Goulding, but at the same time I couldn´t care less about "Fifty Shades of Grey", the movie this song is the soundtrack of.

that is true... but still

A-lister

Veteran
Expected, but still sad. You just don't come back easily once Europe has screwed you over so many times...

Well, Slovakia has indeed been screwed over at times, the biggest crime was 2010 which even to this date remains my absolute #1 Eurovision entry of all time (yes, I agree the live performance was so-so, but as far as song goes it's just magical).

They also deserved much better 1996, 1998 and 2009, interesting and quality stuff. Everything went downhill 2011-2012, those deserved flopping.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Y'all just need to deal with the fact that the Slovakian broadcaster isn't interested in ESC at all. And it's for the best, because we all know that if they took part, they would just be yet another Portugal/Finland/Latvia/Slovenia/North Macedonia, as in, countries whose participations most of the time end up in a flop.

celestialsoothsayer

it's a shame. the contest has been losing countries for a couple of years now, so i would've been very happy to see slovakia come back. especially now that it seems that hungary and belarus will never return due to recent events in each country.

Top Bottom