Contact us

France | WV179 - 50th Edition NF - Deadline : 07/12/2023 at 22:00CET

Looren

Veteran
g5sa.png

Time for some real shit

Last edited:

nekoisneko

So thank you very much for the support to SKALD and we managed to finish 5th place!!! xlove xlove xlove xlove

For FSC 141, I was thinking to send another rock song, but I was also planning to send Aya Nakamura (though I cancelled to send her next edition because Ile de France just sent her).

So my option is between:
another instrumental or electronic pop or electronic orchestra.

Those are coming from the same person. He is indeed a genius and interesting composer.

nekoisneko

In the end, for WV 141, I am sending a returning artist, with a featuring artist, which I just found out now xheat

and yes, je ne parle pas français encore pour cette édition (well, it is a bilingual song)

nekoisneko

WV 141
GIMS ft. Dhurata Dora - Only You

xdance xdance xdance

After epic nordic folk, :fr: is in with hot bop which just released couple days ago (and I fell in love instantly xlove)

Bonne chance!​

nekoisneko

another DNQ for GIMS xcry
of well, c'est la vie.

For the next edition, I might send something in breton, basque, tahitian or corsican singer (I tried to find song in occitane but it is difficult to find the song that I like).

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
For the next edition, I might send something in breton, basque, tahitian or corsican singer (I tried to find song in occitane but it is difficult to find the song that I like).
I can't think of a song in Occitan either. All those you cited are still used, even if by a reduced number of speakers. Occitan can be considered dead at this point (you still have schools in Occitan only but it's not as popular as Breton, Basque or Corsican), its legacy is found in our accents and name places. Your best bet at this point is a cover of Se Canta/Se Canto, but they all are quite amateur.

Please, feel free to send Basque, unless you go for something on my shortlist, in that case, you're cancelled xoxo.

nekoisneko

I can't think of a song in Occitan either. All those you cited are still used, even if by a reduced number of speakers. Occitan can be considered dead at this point (you still have schools in Occitan only but it's not as popular as Breton, Basque or Corsican), its legacy is found in our accents and name places. Your best bet at this point is a cover of Se Canta/Se Canto, but they all are quite amateur.

Please, feel free to send Basque, unless you go for something on my shortlist, in that case, you're cancelled xoxo.

You are right sist, even I read somewhere that Occitan language is dead (and people are blaming the French government the cause of it).
hmm, I will try to listen to Se Canto/Se Canta, but hopefully I can discover some gem from Occitan.
For Basque, I still have difficulties to identify whether the singer is coming from France Basque or Spain Basque :') The one that I found interesting is unfortunately coming from Spain Basque. nevertheless, the one that I have on my list is an indie singer, electro indie precisely.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
You are right sist, even I read somewhere that Occitan language is dead (and people are blaming the French government the cause of it).
hmm, I will try to listen to Se Canto/Se Canta, but hopefully I can discover some gem from Occitan.
Yes, as for other regional languages, some centuries ago the French government forbade people from using them by pushing French onto them and considering these other languages as patois only.
For Basque, I still have difficulties to identify whether the singer is coming from France Basque or Spain Basque :') The one that I found interesting is unfortunately coming from Spain Basque. nevertheless, the one that I have on my list is an indie singer, electro indie precisely.
It's too close to one of my shortlisted artist to my liking :lol:

If you have a list of Basque artists you can send them to me and I'll tell you where they're from. Usually just look at the descriptions or comments of their YT vids, if you find French you have your answer.

nekoisneko

Yes, as for other regional languages, some centuries ago the French government forbade people from using them by pushing French onto them and considering these other languages as patois only.

It's too close to one of my shortlisted artist to my liking :lol:

If you have a list of Basque artists you can send them to me and I'll tell you where they're from. Usually just look at the descriptions or comments of their YT vids, if you find French you have your answer.

Ah I see. so that is the reason why people blame the French government.

Merci bcp de votre aide! so far I only found 2 possible entries from Pays Basque.

nekoisneko

WV 143

Samaïa - Lo Boier

I found that there are several version of Lo Boier, however I fell in love with this group version. xlove
So this song is in Occitane Language, a romance language spoken in southern France. However, this language has no official status in France (like other region language such as Breton, Corsican, or Basque)

bonne chance! xcheer

nekoisneko

OMG we made it xcry xlove

Merci beaucoup! xbow

I haven't decided what would be my next entry, but I think it will be another ballad or instrumental.

nekoisneko

Thank you for your support to France so we managed to reach 4th Place xbow xbow xbow

I haven't decided what will be my next entry, maybe another returning artist or something new

esc87fan

That was my NSC entry for the current edition, but unfortunately it ended up mid-table in the semis. I hope you do better with it xup

Top Bottom