• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator

flag-800.png

Стефанія мамо мамо Стефанія
Розквітає поле, а вона сивіє
Заспівай мені мамо колискову
Хочу ще почути твоє рідне слово

Вона мене колисала дала мені ритм і напевне силу волі не забрати в мене, бо дала вона
Напевне знала може більше і від Соломона
Ламаними дорогами прийду я завжди до тебе
Вона не розбудить, не будить, мене в сильні бурі
Забере в бабулі дві дулі, ніби вони кулі
Дуже добре знала мене не була обманута, як була дуже втомлена, гойдала мене в такт
Люлі люлі люлі...

Я не в пеленах но ма но ма, хватить, як би я не виріс на виріст за речі платить
Я не мала дитина, вона далі нерви тратить, я гуляв, шляк би тебе трафив
Ти все молода о мамо на піку, якщо не ціню опіку на піку слави мені в тупику
Забивайте піку цю піку, я би попік спік, своєю любов'ю
Люлі люлі люлі...

Хочу ще почути твоє рідне слово​

Last edited by a moderator:

WhoKnows

Oh man. Za Lisamy Horamy was such a missed opponent. It would've been perfect for ESC.

A-lister

Veteran
Oh man. Za Lisamy Horamy was such a missed opponent. It would've been perfect for ESC.
Missed opportunity? I mean it's a brilliant song, but I don't think it was ever sent in to some selection.

A-lister

Veteran
No, but it should've been.
Ah, imagine how Eurovision would look like if what should have could have worked.

But yeah, it would have been brilliant.

I really wonder what Ukraine will bring to the table in 2022.

Mrm

Veteran
It wont be ethnic again, me thinks..
I predict they will go different path next year..

A-lister

Veteran
It wont be ethnic again, me thinks..
I predict they will go different path next year..

Hard to say, Ukraine is one of the countries that is hard to predict, the only thing you can almost always be sure of is to get great staging, but genre wise it's trickier, although 7/16 entries so far have been "female bops", but it's been quite some time since the last one (2014), and I am not sure they're going down that route in the near future. However, considering 2022 could be inflated with rock attempts and conservative ballads, so quite the opposite of 2021, a female bop could very well be the winning formula in 2022.

I think though that they might go for a Ukrainian ballad, maybe with some ethnic elements, but I have no clue to be honest... xshrug

If Alyona Alyona takes part though they could end up with Ukrainian female HipHop, which could be super risky, in a sense even riskier than Go_A was, but I feel like Ukraine is up for that risk and I generally feel (and hope) that 2022 will be the year when countries will start to play it less safe.

• Fuego
Reactions: Mrm

Mrm

Veteran
Was Alyona Alyona a juror this year?

A-lister

Veteran
Was Alyona Alyona a juror this year?

Apparently so...

But I wouldn't read too much into that, Khrystyna Soloviy was in the jury some year ago and she didn't end up in Vidbir (yet)... although she'd be an amazing pick for Ukraine imho. If they'd go for a Ukrainian ballad, she'd be one of my first picks.

Illaria was also in the jury this year, the full Ukrainian version of her 2018 entry would have been my pick that year (although I think the part English one ruined it a bit, and frankly not a big fan of her other attempts for Ukraine although she has some great stuff in general and with the right entry she'd also be among my main picks.)

• Like It
Reactions: Mrm

Mrm

Veteran
Apparently so...

But I wouldn't read too much into that, Khrystyna Soloviy was in the jury some year ago and she didn't end up in Vidbir (yet)... although she'd be an amazing pick for Ukraine imho. If they'd go for a Ukrainian ballad, she'd be one of my first picks.

Illaria was also in the jury this year, the full Ukrainian version of her 2018 entry would have been my pick that year (although I think the part English one ruined it a bit, and frankly not a big fan of her other attempts for Ukraine although she has some great stuff in general and with the right entry she'd also be among my main picks.)
Im for Khrystyna Soloviy, Im against Illaria..

A-lister

Veteran
There will be no alyona alyona because her bestie Alina Pash wants to submit an entry.
And a duet?

Alina Pash could be a cool choice, although only one song I've heard from her so far stuck to my mind (not sure if that's a bad sign), but that one is super cool:

Is Europe ready for more "white voice" though, now in HipHop style? It would certainly be a bold choice for Ukraine.

rasmuslights

Veteran
And a duet?

Alina Pash could be a cool choice, although only one song I've heard from her so far stuck to my mind (not sure if that's a bad sign), but that one is super cool:

Is Europe ready for more "white voice" though, now in HipHop style? It would certainly be a bold choice for Ukraine.

trust me we are ready hahah! she seems even a step up from go_a imo...

Zeus

Melovin with a dark song in ukrainian language.

KAZKA or Bloom Twins might be good ones as well.

AlekS

Veteran
We can show the other side of folk with Dakha Brakha.
They are featured on ONUKA's (ESC 2017 interval act) new song:

Produced by the Maneken (ex-Vidbir juror).

abenteuer

Damn, Ukraine needs to send her to Eurovision! Total quality and a great example of using "white voice" not as a gimmick but making it contemporary. I also checked out "Bitanga" and it gives me upgraded Manizha vibes (I love Manizha and even voted for her but let's be real, "Russian Woman" is not a musical masterpiece and she should probably stop rapping).

A-lister

Veteran
Damn, Ukraine needs to send her to Eurovision! Total quality and a great example of using "white voice" not as a gimmick but making it contemporary. I also checked out "Bitanga" and it gives me upgraded Manizha vibes (I love Manizha and even voted for her but let's be real, "Russian Woman" is not a musical masterpiece and she should probably stop rapping).

I'm afraid a song like this one would flop in ESC though, Manizha's entry is way more accessible... a song like "Bosorkanya" could work since it emphasize more on singing, but a pure "HipHop" one like this one could struggle i'm afraid... Full on Rap is really a no-go in Eurovision, rap-influences however can work in the right context.

rasmuslights

Veteran
I'm afraid a song like this one would flop in ESC though, Manizha's entry is way more accessible... a song like "Bosorkanya" could work since it emphasize more on singing, but a pure "HipHop" one like this one could struggle i'm afraid... Full on Rap is really a no-go in Eurovision, rap-influences however can work in the right context.

yep, that is so true... we like to say that all genres are welcome at esc which they are but it's also true that it's highly likely that hip-hop songs just won't do well... rock/folk songs are much more accessible... the problem with hip-hop is also that it's very monotone.

A-lister

Veteran
yep, that is so true... we like to say that all genres are welcome at esc which they are but it's also true that it's highly likely that hip-hop songs just won't do well... rock/folk songs are much more accessible... the problem with hip-hop is also that it's very monotone.

Well, Hip-Hop doesn't need to be monotone, but in the case of "Bitanga" it is very indie and minimalistic, the lack of melody would make it flop in Eurovision... I think most people need to at least have some sort of melody to grab onto, if it's only rapping from start to finish then it can be difficult with the average viewer.

But something like Alyona Alyona's Yakby ya bula ne ya could work, it's also "rap-only" but has a more melodic flow (especially the chorus), which I think the average viewer might like (it's pretty aggressive though but I don't think it's an issue in this case, it enhances the track).

rasmuslights

Veteran
all artists that may represent Ukraine in 2022:
  1. Tayanna (expressed interest) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENUYpbaL77o
  2. Max Barskih (expressed interest) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buQkpHOAsDk
  3. alyona alyona (said maybe but quite unlikely) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpeAKYIIEQY
  4. vilna (expressed strong interest) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhgcPsyYABc
  5. kazaky (liked comments on youtube about them going to esc and even commenting on them with ";)") - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rTjGEABva0
  6. Alina Pash (heavily rumoured and I also believed she stated one time in the past she wants to do it) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFFCbN49jG0

who do you want to see the most out these?

I personally would be fine with any of them but my faves are: Tayanna, Max, Kazaky and Alina!

Top Bottom