Contact us

Will there be a change in the voting system?

Brandt

Do you think what happened last night will have an influence on a change of voting system the next year, like how 0 points for Germany and Austria did have an impact on it back in 2015?

esc87fan

This current system of voting is just fine, the televote reveal makes it even more exciting. Under the old system, it was anticlimactic to know who the winner was when there were still quite a few countries left to reveal their votes

Ezio

Veteran
I would start the voting with the jury votes but presented like the televotes in their ranking order.

Then, the more exciting part, televotes slow and steady. 8, 10 and 12 points.

Also declare and award the jury and televote winner with a prize à la Bezencon Award.

Ajeje Brazorf

I would start the voting with the jury votes but presented like the televotes in their ranking order.

Then, the more exciting part, televotes slow and steady. 8, 10 and 12 points.

Also declare and award the jury and televote winner with a prize à la Bezencon Award.

I agree with the last point: Gjon deserved a trophy in 2021 because he won the jury. Same thing should have happen in 2019 with Tamara and KEiiNo, in 2018 with Benjamin and in 2016 with Dami and Sergey. If you come first in the Jury vote or in the Televote, you totally deserve a trophy, because winning the all thing is difficult, being the best for the juries or the voters is evenly difficult.

The fact the voting today is a 50/50 system is actually a false statement: it's a 100/100. Both the juries and the televoters vote separately for two different ranking which are merged only in the final scores. But they have both the power to give an entire set of 12 points, the 100% score they can give a country. The 50/50 score system in my opinion was the previous one, where jury and televote results of a country were merged from the beginning.

This is why the actual system is the most accurate if you want to have a fair result and this is why we need trophies even for jury Winners and televote Winners which didn't win Eurovision in the end.

Last edited:

tomos2019

I think on a technical point, I think I did prefer how the 2016-2018 televoting presentation started with the lowest points and worked their way up to the highest, both 2019 and 2021 had brief moments that were hard to watch for me and while I don't dislike the Big Brother franchise I don't want Eurovision to just be like reality TV or maybe talent shows where some producers try and 'cause controversy' whereas otherwise I'd have probably enjoyed it!

Top Bottom