Me voilà dans le bruit et dans la fureur aussi
Regardez moi enfin et mes yeux et mes mains
Tout c'que j'ai est ici, c'est ma gueule c'est mon cri
Me voilà, me voilà, me voilà
Voilà, voilà, voilà, voilà
Voilà​

Last edited by a moderator:

JamieBrown

I was so so so so convinced she would win last night. It's just a simple song, that she put every single drop of her giant charism in. Like the swiss song this needed no big visualization and at least she understood that very well. With the ones I watched we figured that the camera work in the big finish was maybe a bit too hectic, but still I was sure both juries and televoting will put her high enough for the big thing.
Well it was not for this year, but I wish France the very best on its way back to a big Eurovision nation and it seems your NF is a key. Looking forward to what you will bring us in the future and cross my fingers you can showcast the great diversity of french music to us :)

Thanks to Barbara Pravi! You really showed yourself and I have a feeling the french will hear more from you soon xclap

John1

All you need is that one song in the end anyway. And the 2018 and 2019 NFs had some worthy gems in there, with Emmy Liyana’s “OK ou KO” coming to mind.

But I agree, the NF has strayed a little from quality since the 2018 edition, and they need to go back to chasing that “magic”
Sure. The thing is that this 2nd place could maybe encourage more French artists to submit GOOD and LISTENABLE entries to our NF.

However, as per our Hod's words, I think that France is on tracks to success and glory. They'll put way more efforts into it and, eventually, we'll win someday. Maybe next year, who knows?

NeoTen

The way they chose to film her was near perfection. Even I as a fan of the abundance of led and choreo was really moved. I truly hope French media realized and took pride that in the previous system Barbara would've won by one point.

i anixi

People seem to think that when one particular country does well at eurovision, it means that it has finally found the right track to the winning path and that victory will be a reality in the near future. It's not like that.

There is no right track, as there is no winning formulae. Winning songs cannot be ordered by catalogue, there is not a shop where you can go and buy them, however expensive they may be. Winning songs happen, following a myriad of tiny litle chances. They are the product of a moment's inspiration and a strike of luck in getting the exact interpreter to take it through. Lightning doesn't strike twice.

I personally don't give a toss if France is winning soon or not. I didn't want France to win. I never care for this country or that to win.

I wanted this song to win.

This kind of magic won't came along that easy. It probably never will come back, however hard they will try. When and if it does, it will be in another language, representing another country. The sad thing is, if and when it comes, we will as likely give it a second placing, and sit here moaning afterwards about there being other chances in the future.
This was a gem as there have been very few, if any. I really can't bear thinking of the horrible waste of it all.

So sorry. So very, very sorry 😔

Last edited:

Quent91

25 points!!!!!! Honestly: The juries who didn't give a single point to her (yes, Belgium, I'm looking to you also!) have disqualified themselves for a lifetime. Of course it's a matter of taste but thinking that Barbara is NOT in the top 10 this year is a proof that you can't see quality when it's before your eyes.
Rant stopped.
Congratulation to Barbara for this great result for France.
No, it was not Belgium, it was the Flemish jury.

We, Belgians, gave 12 points to France through the televoting.

John1

The Flemish jury proved once again that they were dicks towards French language. And don't get me started on that, because they always had politics involved in ESC à-la Azerbaijan/Armenia

Ezio

Veteran
No, it was not Belgium, it was the Flemish jury.

We, Belgians, gave 12 points to France through the televoting.
Wait, the Belgian jury was entirely Flemish?! wtf

Ezio

Veteran
Well it was the Flemish broadcaster's turn to do Eurovision, next year the Belgian jury will be entirely Walloon xshrug
That's crazy. What's got the broadcaster to do with who sits on the jury?! That's not representative and needs to go. So tacky.

toinou03

People seem to think that when one particular country does well at eurovision, it means that it has finally found the right track to the winning path and that victory will be a reality in the near future. It's not like that.

There is no right track, as there is no winning formulae. Winning songs cannot be ordered by catalogue, there is not a shop where you can go and buy them, however expensive they may be. Winning songs happen, following a myriad of tiny litle chances. They are the product of a moment's inspiration and a strike of luck in getting the exact interpreter to take it through. Lightning doesn't strike twice.

I personally don't give a toss if France is winning soon or not. I didn't want France to win. I never care for this country or that to win.

I wanted this song to win.

This kind of magic won't came along that easy. It probably never will come back, however hard they will try. When and if it does, it will be in another language, representing another country. The sad thing is, if and when it comes, we will as likely give it a second placing, and sit here moaning afterwards about there being other chances in the future.
This was a gem as there have been very few, if any. I really can't bear thinking of the horrible waste of it all.

So sorry. So very, very sorry 😔

At least, Barbara got support from a lot of great singers in France (and so had Gjon's. I could see several encouragements by Hoshi, who is so cool), which means that there is a new génération of artists that Want to do Eurovision, unlike in the 2000s. After Patricia Kaas, there was much more will, and we had well known entrants. But Amir stepped it UP.

BTW France Télévisions managed great viewing figures as people hoped for a win, so it's worth sending a good song (Aka not Tom Leeb).

And also, Barbara got twice more votes than Amir and even more than Duncan Laurence, so it shows that it's possible for us to be voted for with a French song. So it's a good start ! 😉

Miloutchi

That's crazy. What's got the broadcaster to do with who sits on the jury?! That's not representative and needs to go. So tacky.
Welcome to Belgium where nothing makes sense haha.

But I guess the broadcaster also appoints the jury members, so they just go for Flemish ones too. I could see people complaining about appointing Walloon jury members when it’s the Flemish broadcaster’s turn tbh.

I’m pretty sure France would have gotten a very good result from the juries in Belgium in another year.

Ezio

Veteran
Welcome to Belgium where nothing makes sense haha.

But I guess the broadcaster also appoints the jury members, so they just go for Flemish ones too. I could see people complaining about appointing Walloon jury members when it’s the Flemish broadcaster’s turn tbh.

I’m pretty sure France would have gotten a very good result from the juries in Belgium in another year.
I often forget that political separation drama is not beholden to Eastern Europe but also in many parts of Western Europe, Belgium being the prime example.

I think the broadcaster must not appoint jurors, but a higher authority such as the EBU. I have laid out my idea in a thread in the 2022 section already.

Reminds me of 2014 and of NDR appointing Sido, who begrudged Conchita Wurst from the moment she went on stage in front of him in 2011. He blatantly told her, he didn*t like her whole act, so NDR put him 3 years later into the German jury.

musicfan

This was very much in the Sobral mode. A classic style song from the 50s or earlier. The staging very simple and just focussing on the vocal. But just because something is from a classic style doesn't automatically make it a classic song. And I just wonder what the replay value is. I don't automatically feel better listening to a song because it's supposed to be stylish. Maybe this is what people now describe as 'jury bait'.

I would put it above Maneskin because I just found that painful. Though I found the Swiss song more moving if also ultimately quite repetitive like all the top 3.

ag89

Why surprised, there are so many Moldovans in France (you have documentaries about Moldovans moving to France for work). Also... There are many Romanians...Romania did not qualify so maybe that was the reason as well. Maybe they voted for Moldova instead?

Top Bottom