14 9.1%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

Wonder if it ever crossed your mind
That what we had was really unbelievable, unbeatable, a miracle
Why'd you have to go and mess it up?
Why'd you have to make what was unbreakable shakable, unsavable?
And now it's too late to cross your fingers
I'm wide awake and not a dreamer
Hate it, but it seems the dreams were never true
For a little while the fates were with us
Wonder why they had to turn against us
I could make a wish, but there is no use

I can feel
Even though I'm numb
The change to come will hurt someone
I can see
This time it isn't me
I might be the lucky one

I don't need a crystal ball to show me
Baby, it is plain that you don't know me
When it comes to you I'm better off alone (Better off alone)
I don't need a crystal ball to make me
Realize that if I stay you'll break me
Every sign is saying I should be gone
I should be gone

Thought I had a cloud over my head
It had to be my fault that it kept raining down
Until now, I figured out
That if I had the nerve to say goodbye
I could look for clearer skies up over head
Weather says sun instead

I should be gone

I can feel (Even though I'm numb)
The change to come will hurt someone
I can see (I can feel)
This time it isn't me
I might be the lucky one

I should be gone​

Last edited by a moderator:

wtf

Uku seemed really happy after the semi. The interview he gave to Estonian press was the most relaxed and open he's ever been. :) I guess it's been exhausting to be in this position for so long, especially when you're constantly reminded your song will flop, you're not predicted to qualify etc. ..he really had to go through the entire Eesti Laul process twice.

He said he really enjoyed the performance and the audience was amazing. And when asked about returning, he said there's a lot of really talented artists who deserve the chance to experience what he did.

Iker

Veteran
I enjoyed Uku's song a lot yesterday but I knew the chances for Q were slim, especially with that running order. The performance itself was good, no vocal mishaps either.
I only remember I like this entry... but can’t recall the melody :unsure: so, yeah... it’s one of those nice songs that you actually forget instantly or replace it with other favs later on.
I remember the melody really well and I love the harmonies (together they are heavenly for me) but I can see why for some it could be forgettable.

Last edited:

tuorem

I'm looking forward to the split results because I always thought he would get a decent score with the televoters.

The staging was okay, but they could have a done a bit more imo. I wish they had brought a prop, personally I liked the chains of the NF.

The amount of wide shots was not helping, but that also applies to a bunch of other countries (Azerbaijan, Latvia for instance).

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Sissi should've won the Estonian NF.

Milos-BC

Not surprised. He was good, but the song was too bland and ordinary. Last year's entry would've qualified.

I hope for something different from :ee: next year.

jatojo

One of my absolute favourite Eurovision songs this year was (and remains) "Lost In A Dance" - studio version. So Estonia really brought something this year. When it comes to Uku - there are many good things to say about him, but I don't like the constant backing vocals. They make his songs sound artificial and overproduced.

wtf

Dave Benton is the head of Estonian jury, his daughter Sissi announces Estonian jury points. :)

Iker

Veteran
I need :ee: to send something in Estonian again. It is my favourite European language. But it has to be something better than 'Magus melanhoolia' for me to accept.

goncalovieira

sadly that will never happen again because our new HoD only cares about which songs get the most radio play xcookie
There is any chance to kick him out?
Here it worked very well. From the huge flop of 2015 to the victory of 2017. :ROFLMAO:

alyrin

There is any chance to kick him out?
Here it worked very well. From the huge flop of 2015 to the victory of 2017. :ROFLMAO:
i don't think so, many people here have already said that the quality has dropped so much after he got the job but he just doesn't listen lol

martin

I like his entry last year better, but still wanted him to qualify. Still Iceland, Finland, Denmark, Greece and Switzerland was higher up in my ranking.

Also start position was quite bad. Was not very surpriced he was out

CPV4931

Before 2016, Eesti Laul was my favorite NF.
Sadly thay they turned for the position of Melodifestivalen rejected entries.
Same for me... e.g. Eesti Laul 2011 still is one of my favorite NF ever

laululind

Not a huge fan of Rahula, but I don't know he's some sort of big bad mastermind to blame for everything either. :LOL: He doesn't personally pick all the songs after all. The pre-selection juries have had different people from different genres & radio stations, it hasn't been 100% bland pop singers or some such. :unsure: But I do wish they'd find some way to rework the song selection a bit. The juries might have people with different tastes, but if those tastes clash, it might not favor divisive songs. Not entirely sure how they could fix it tho' without stacking the jury with people that all share the same taste. :unsure: Do away with the 1-5 rating for each song and go back to top 10 lists? That does away with the ability to down-vote divisive songs. Maybe give each juror a certain amount of points to distribute among their top songs? So if a few people really love a song that others don't, they'd have a way to increase it's odds. Of course it might just be that the variety/quality of submitted songs has gone downhill and there's not much to pick from. :cautious: These days the charts are dominated by rap, so maybe out of 150 submitted songs 100 are amateur rappers, 40 are bland pop songs and the remaining 10 are actually something interesting. :LOL: I still wish they'd post all the songs online for everyone to listen to, but they probably never will, as that would disqualify them all from trying again next year or something. I just wish to find out if we're missing out on all the gems or if the level of songs really is that bland these days. :LOL:

alyrin

Top Bottom