Contact us

Post Eurovision Discussion

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

GRAND FINAL LIVE

DAY 1 - 16 LIVE STREAMS

Last edited by a moderator:
Full wide screen video shows that Damiano David didn't use drugs, but was leaning in between his fists to look under the table while he was at the same time talking with a 60 years old employee of RAI.

If I was RAI and Damiano David, I would file a lawsuit against French delegation, the Swedish journalist who explicitly said he was snorting something (and nobody can see behind bottles), and a person who cut the video (cut out intentionally the older member of delegation with whom Damiano was talking) and published it on twitter (that is traceable easily).

If I was RAI I would also reconsider heavily the funding to EBU and ESC as they, today, most definitely, have not stood to defend the winner of the contest against clear defamation.

Ezio

Veteran
2013 2015 system

spinachpie

We need the juries to limit the influence of the diaspora vote, so I wouldn't reduce the jury votes like that. Ideally the public could decide it all but we know that without the juries, the diasporas are too influential. If you want fewer 0 points, both the juries and the public should vote for more than 10 countries.

With a third of the votes being counted for the juries, as well as more points from outside of the Top 10 votes from each country, that will happen anyway.

Ultimately the most popular song with the public should win. The juries are having too much influence on the winner.

With televoting only, the winner was never in question because of 'diaspora voting'. It was always the most popular song which won the televote.

Chorizo

With a third of the votes being counted for the juries, as well as more points from outside of the Top 10 votes from each country, that will happen anyway.

Ultimately the most popular song with the public should win. The juries are having too much influence on the winner.

With televoting only, the winner was never in question because of 'diaspora voting'. It was always the most popular song which won the televote.
It's not just about winning but also about qualifying from the semi-finals. That's when diaspora voting is having an even worse effect. I would be against changes that strengthen the diaspora vote. The televote can also favor bad songs because of the staging as seen in 2016, when Russia won the televote with a weak song because the staging was amazing. There are indeed huge problems with the juries as often discussed among the fans but lowering their influence would create other problems. We know from the 2000s what Eurovision without juries was like. I don't think that many people who take the contest seriously would like to go back to that. The jury system should rather be reformed in a different way, for example by changing the voting system, the number of jurors etc.

Lance Esgard

The jury system should rather be reformed in a different way, for example by changing the voting system, the number of jurors etc.
Fully agree with that. I would double the jurors if nothing else. I would consider altering the eligibility rules in some way. How I don't know.

I don't know if occupational requirements might be appropriate. Maybe some kind of screening test to see if they can evaluate vocal capacity across a range of genres? Or maybe to screen out jurors who appear to be unduly biased for or against a genre?

crashworld

Veteran
z7T31kI.png

Iker

Veteran
The biggest Polish newspaper claims that 'The music beat the circus' in their headline. This is disrespectful both towards the Eurovision and even to Måneskin. I guess someone who wrote this article is completely out of touch with reality, these are not 00s anymore, lol.

Ezio

Veteran
Have Spain and Netherlands ever received nul points?

The biggest Polish newspaper claims that 'The music beat the circus' in their headline. This is disrespectful both towards the Eurovision and even to Måneskin. I guess someone who wrote this article is completely out of touch with reality, these are not 00s anymore, lol.

The Polish paper didn't write an article on how the pro LGBT druged Italian band had won ESC (like in Croatia)?

Well then I am proud of Poland regardless of what they wrote. 🤣🤣

Ezio

Veteran
I don't know about the televote, but Manel Navarro comes to mind for the juries...
But he was saved by Portugal with 5 points. Those 5 stuck to me because they stung me. I hated Manel Navarro so much for how he got to Eurovision.

Ezio

Veteran
For me it's funny to see, how Austria is often the first to achieve an embarassing result, only for other countries to follow suit.

2015: 0 points as a host. We are still the only host to have achieved nul points in the official reults because of the old system, however, the terrible host result became the new normal, with Israel and Netherlands even doing worse, each collecting one set of nul points. Portugal ended in the bottom as well as Ukraine.

2018: Jury winner, televote flop. There was quite a lot of schadenfreude when Cesar Sampson only got 71 televote points as the jury winner, which was unprecedented as of this date. Already in the next year, North Macedonia had a similar experience, although they were robbed from their official jury winner laurels, and of course Sweden, and this year top contender Malta went below the 50 points watermark. Neighbour Switzerland ended up 3rd as Cesar Sampson but with more points.

2017: Collector of nul televote points. Czechia went first in 2016 under the new system, but Nathan Trent's flop was more akward. 2021 however had more nul points announced than 2016-2019 combined.

Italy is also fascinating.

They won the jury in 2011, the televote in 2015, were pre-contest favourite to win in 2017, and Top 3 jury and televote in 2019. With this record they are the most succesful country without any victory before 2021.

Austria won 2 jury votes like Sweden, 1 televote and a semifinal, but overall we are quite flop-prone. Overall better results than in the few occassions in the 2000's, but that's due to jury voting.

Lance Esgard

But he was saved by Portugal with 5 points. Those 5 stuck to me because they stung me. I hated Manel Navarro so much for how he got to Eurovision.
I remember watching Objetivo Eurovisión 2017. Mirela was robbed and I am displeased it looks like it has put Mirela off trying for Eurovision again after having tried twice before.

Ezio

Veteran
I remember watching Objetivo Eurovisión 2017. Mirela was robbed and I am displeased it looks like it has put Mirela off trying for Eurovision again after having tried twice before.
But we would have deserved her so much xcry

Contigo, hay una fiesta en mi cabeza....

GermanBango

Well I somehow made it through that family dinner. :lol:
Apparently the coke-story was the one that got people talking the most but there was also a surprising amount of praise:
"High quality entertainment" - "Such a diverse field" - "Very exciting voting"

Top Bottom