Post Eurovision Discussion

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

GRAND FINAL LIVE

DAY 1 - 16 LIVE STREAMS

Last edited by a moderator:

LoveHate

I really hope the juries and the voters would have the same winner, but does not seem realistic.

I was fine with 100 % juries back in the day, and I was fine with 100 % televotes. It’s when they try to put those two together that things go to shit. They can’t even decide on a set system, but keep changing voting rules every few years.

lacrymea

Some wishful thinking before GF:
- I want The Roop to get the best result for Lithuania ever (I can't believe "We Are the Winners" are their current best)
- I want Senhit to get the best result for San Marino ever
- I want for Belgium to be in juries top 5
- I want Ukraine in the top 5
- I want Moldova to finish 21-26th

Most of all, I wish the results would be announced like 2016-2018, otherwise it's too much focus on juries winner, not televote winner
It probably won't happen. But I hated that voting system announcement as well. It's confusing and takes away all the merits from televote winners.

Last edited:

Lance Esgard

I need Senhit to get the best result for San Marino ever.

's be real, this is much better than Say Na Na Na and I worry that the worse Adrenalina does the more certain small or very small nations may feel that they simply can'y do really well at Eurovision whatever they bring (even though in such a strong year in the final it is quite likely that many songs this year would have been placed higher in other less competitive years).

AlekS

Veteran
:ua: and :it: are live on the official Eurovision insta. Together xheart

ps. Katya said in her stream that Gjon is so close that he enters our dressing room without knocking :lol:

Last edited:

hawadharma

My Top 26 Ranking Pre-Show:

:ua: Ukraine
:bg: Bulgaria
:fr: France
:ch: Switzerland
:is: Iceland
:nl: Netherlands
:gr: Greece
:sm: San Marino
:it: Italy
:mt: Malta
:al: Albania
:il: Israel
:lt: Lithuania
:ru: Russia
:az: Azerbaijan
:rs: Serbia
:fi: Finland
:se: Sweden
:no: Norway
:md: Moldova
:be: Belgium
:cy: Cyprus
:uk: United Kingdom
:pt: Portugal
:es: Spain
:de: Germany

Last edited:

Vittra

I wouldn't mind if any of these wins tonight (in running order):
- Cyprus :cy: (but yeah, the chorus really does sound like Bad Romance!)
- Malta :mt:
- Switzerland :ch: (my favourite)
- Iceland :is:
- Finland :fi:
- Lithuania :lt:

But I have a feeling that none of them will win...

I haven't heard the fan favourites Italy and France yet. But my opinions are often the opposite of most fans, so I'll probably won't like them :LOL:

Fierro

some of my wishes before the GF xqueenbitch
- russia in the top 10
- ukraine, france or italy winning
- senhit & the roop getting the best result for their countries
- belgium not flopping
Actually :ru: in Top-10 would be sooo healthy, Manizha's message is so straightforward and raw if you read the lyrics carefully. Not like any woman empowerment song on ESC

Etanna

In today's dress rehearsal, they even rehearsed the zero pointers and the cam was on the "act" (stand-ins in this case). I was not a fan.
Oh no, I absolutely hated that in 2019.

This new way of presenting the results is really dumb anyway, I only paid attention when it was the turn of a country I was interested in. The suspense was much lower than when you don't know when your favourite act will be called...

Lindon

lasse braun

i think,it will go out today between italy & ukraine but the ukraine has the momentum worldwide - the people wanna dance the shum and have some fun.xcheer
if the momentum is not enough to win i have really no problem with a italy win.
both songs are the right songs on the right time (lithuania too).
i hope the roop will get a good place top6-8 but if shit happens,it could also be 20+.
russia,france & portugal hopely also with a top10 place.
san marino should make the top10 too,because best bop without a rave. :mrgreen:

party on! xqueenbitch

tuorem

In today's dress rehearsal, they even rehearsed the zero pointers and the cam was on the "act" (stand-ins in this case). I was not a fan.
Does that imply they will show everyone?

I thought randomly showing a few people who flopped in the televote was tasteless (what was the point of showing Lake Malawi and Michela Pace in 2019?): either show every act in the grand final (if one wants to go there) or just show the ones who were top ten with televoters.

I suppose they think shock value is a plus for the show, but I disagree: seeing disappointed faces is not really my thing.

I don't like this system anyway, it's impossible to tell the actual order of televoting results anymore and if the winner happens to get buried by the juries, they are not being announced as such and thus don't get much spotlight.

Iker

Veteran
Does that imply they will show everyone?

I thought randomly showing a few people who flopped in the televote was tasteless (what was the point of showing Lake Malawi and Michela Pace in 2019?): either show every act in the grand final (if one wants to go there) or just show the ones who were top ten with televoters.

I suppose they think shock value is a plus for the show, but I disagree: seeing disappointed faces is not really my thing.

I don't like this system anyway, it's impossible to tell the actual order of televoting results anymore and if the winner happens to get buried by the juries, they are not being announced as such and thus don't get much spotlight.
Ideally I would like both jury and televote results being announced in the same way even if the show would last much longer.

Last edited:

Journalist

Italy 1st place - totally possible situation and I can see it like that... I love the song so much and it's settled on my No4 for now. Great energy, vocals (xheat ), stage... everything is just amazing about this song and I wish to Måneskin best of luck! At least, the ESC 2022 in Italy - sounds good to me cause it's not so far from 🇧🇦 xdance2
I think that France, Ukraine and Iceland are some of the favourites for winning as well... Each of them is special, unique and everyone will know how to appreciate them - jury and televotes.
If I have to choose one country for the 1st place, I can't do it but really cause after semi-finals many of them are so good to me and I don't know where to put them all... but at least I can list them in some random order:
🇦🇿🇮🇹🇳🇴🇮🇸🇺🇦🇨🇵 etc...
I know that TIX was/is my No1 but I will be happy to see him as the winner as much as Efendi, Barbara, Zitti e buoni, Go_A, Dađi....xheartxlove
Good luck everyone, may the best one win! Have a nice time guys and enjoy!

Top Bottom