11 8.1%

22 16.3%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

tuorem

Wow, the beginning really looks good! The camera angles seem to be tight and the mix of darkness and blue fits the mood of the song well imo. xheart

I don't know who is behind the staging, but they managed to recreate the intimate bubble feeling "You" conveys. It's definitely one of the performances I'm looking forward to the most.

As you said Kai, it could be a moment. Fingers crossed for a delivery out of time and space, who knows what could happen afterwards.

Zeus

I knew Tornike already before his Eurovision participation and know he really is a great vocalist. I think his song this year doesn't really suits his voice and also it's just not a song in which he can really show his vocal capabilities. As a Tornike admirer a little bit dissapointed.

Still think he deserves the final, but I don't see it happening. Only if the juries will save him, but that honor will probably go to Portugal and maybe Austria as well.

Milos-BC

This is probably the weakest song of the edition. I heard it multiple times and I don't remember one bit. The chances of qualifying are purely theoretical.

1 point.

Franzilein

When was actually the last time we had a 3/4 time signature at the ESC? Brave choice.

A-lister

Veteran
xpray Please qualify xpray

I know chances are low unfortunately, but one can still hope.

This is by far the most underrated entry this year, it's imo this year's best ballad and actually comes across as more authentic than the more hyped ballads. This is atmospheric and melodic and the mix of the sweet, almost lullaby-ish tune, with Tornike's raw more rock-ish vocals (that are taking more space as the song progresses) is actually a pretty nice composition.

Chorizo

This is the kind of song that I will either perceive as relaxing or boring. I'm not sure yet what my final impression will be.
I give it 8 points for now.

Fluke

Really disappointed by this one! I hoped he'd really deliver it and lift a simple tune into a warm, expressive delivery, instead he looked stiff as a mannequin and just stared into nothing most of the time. I thought it deserved a little bit better, but the performance just didn't work....

ESC94

How do I get these three minutes of lifetime back?? xbored

Totally deserved elimination, it was just boring and vocally also pretty bad. (n)

A-lister

Veteran
Didn't expect him to qualify, and the staging was boring (although vocally good), but will remain one of the few ballads of the year that I'll go back to so thank you :ge: for that xclap

• Like It
Reactions: Mrm

Brandt

I was never fond of the song itself, ... until the performance tonight. I didn't even realize how 3 minutes passed so fast. He did a really good job there. I like Georgia as of tonight.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
It was a hard sell but I believed in the song until the end because of how it made me feel. No other entry for me displayed the same vulnerability as You. A bold choice as not a single thing about it fits the Eurovision mould. It took humongous balls for such a gruff, raw powerhouse of a vocalist like Tornike to let his guard down here presenting himself so candidly. The composition is easily my favourite of the year. Such gorgeous dream pop verses. Going for what was essentially a shoegaze song at Eurovision made this indiehead wild. I was so thrilled to have this song competing. Such moments with entries like You are rare at the contest and so I savour them.

I admit it's been unfortunately the opposite of fun supporting Georgia this year though. The fans from the get go have been extremely mean spirited towards this entry. Fair enough, no one has to like it but the way in which it was often expressed wasn't pleasant (I can see why Tornike himself flipped at those leaving him messages). Even my country's own commentator Scott Mills was awful to Tornike after his song was performed. A sarcastic (actually quite nasty) "oh... it's finished" from Scott followed by what sounded like an "oh god" from Sara Cox. Then they proceeded to read out shady comments whilst laughing their heads off. "Look... if you want to vote for it you can" essentially mocking anyone that may have enjoyed it before the phone lines were even open. Another year and yet more moments I was looking forward to soured by disrespectful, ignorant, biased commentators. This shouldn't be allowed to be honest.

I feel really proud of Tornike. He gave a gorgeous, sincere performance. I've just got a horribly bitter taste left in my mouth. I kind of wish almost this song never was at Eurovision because Georgia and Tornike deserve more respect. Georgia are the only country who consistently refuse to play the games of others and always do what they want. They deserve nothing but admiration for that whatever you think of the music. I'm sorry our commentators are always pricks. Makes me feel so embarrassed.

Thank you for this song Tornike and Georgia xheart It's going to go down as one of my all time favourites for sure.

A-lister

Veteran
It was a hard sell but I believed in the song until the end because of how it made me feel. No other entry for me displayed the same vulnerability as You. A bold choice as not a single thing about it fits the Eurovision mould. It took humongous balls for such a gruff, raw powerhouse of a vocalist like Tornike to let his guard down here presenting himself so candidly. The composition is easily my favourite of the year. Such gorgeous dream pop verses. Going for what was essentially a shoegaze song at Eurovision made this indiehead wild. I was so thrilled to have this song competing. Such moments with entries like You are rare at the contest and so I savour them.

I admit it's been unfortunately the opposite of fun supporting Georgia this year though. The fans from the get go have been extremely mean spirited towards this entry. Fair enough, no one has to like it but the way in which it was often expressed wasn't pleasant (I can see why Tornike himself flipped at those leaving him messages). Even my country's own commentator Scott Mills was awful to Tornike after his song was performed. A sarcastic (actually quite nasty) "oh... it's finished" from Scott followed by what sounded like an "oh god" from Sara Cox. Then they proceeded to read out shady comments whilst laughing their heads off. "Look... if you want to vote for it you can" essentially mocking anyone that may have enjoyed it before the phone lines were even open. Another year and yet more moments I was looking forward to soured by disrespectful, ignorant, biased commentators. This shouldn't be allowed to be honest.

I feel really proud of Tornike. He gave a gorgeous, sincere performance. I've just got a horribly bitter taste left in my mouth. I kind of wish almost this song never was at Eurovision because Georgia and Tornike deserve more respect. Georgia are the only country who consistently refuse to play the games of others and always do what they want. They deserve nothing but admiration for that whatever you think of the music. I'm sorry our commentators are always pricks. Makes me feel so embarrassed.

Thank you for this song Tornike and Georgia xheart It's going to go down as one of my all time favourites for sure.

I mean I don't feel AS much for it as you do, but I am still in the minority camp that did like this entry.

Our commentators also mocked it :( Very unprofessional imo, just comment on the songs and leave your personal opinions aside thank you very much!

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I mean I don't feel AS much for it as you do, but I am still in the minority camp that did like this entry.

Our commentators also mocked it :( Very unprofessional imo, just comment on the songs and leave your personal opinions aside thank you very much!

Not only does it put a damper on the moment for those that do like the song, such commentary can also influence voters as unfortunately not everyone thinks entirely for themselves. Some people will feel embarrassed voting for something they're being told is bad. We weren't voting on Tuesday's show but Sweden was brought up positively in conversation multiple times throughout the night along with Malta. The favouritism was strong. Meanwhile tonight Georgia was mocked and cruelly laughed at and then that was it. It's so disrespectful. I hate how my country looks down on others but then it seems it's not just UK that does it.

Top Bottom